GDT: Philadelphia at Buffalo 1-14-14 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

I just did a little cipherin'. Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10. Assuming they maintain that pace they will end up with 77 points. The two wild card teams are on a pace for 89 points. The Sabres would have to earn 16 points every 10 games to reach that threshold. That is a pace of 6-0-4, 7-1-2 or 8-2-0. They are earning 12 every 10 now.

PTR

I just did a little cipherin'. Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10. Assuming they maintain that pace they will end up with 77 points. The two wild card teams are on a pace for 89 points. The Sabres would have to earn 16 points every 10 games to reach that threshold. That is a pace of 6-0-4, 7-1-2 or 8-2-0. They are earning 12 every 10 now.

PTR

So what you are saying is that if either wild card team only stumbles a little bit we could be very close to the playoffs. I think we end up with the 7th or 8th pick in the draft.

PTR

Yep, the meaningless run to 9th appears to be on. I don't care who we play, we need a regulation L. Although it will be hard to support that tomorrow against the make me laughs.

Yep, the meaningless run to 9th appears to be on. I don't care who we play, we need a regulation L. Although it will be hard to support that tomorrow against the make me laughs.

Yup! This team has a lot of heart (hard to believe I know) and the only way we actually tank is if Miller is traded. They play everyone really tough. I would bet money that the Islanders pick is lower than ours.

So what you are saying is that if either wild card team only stumbles a little bit we could be very close to the playoffs. I think we end up with the 7th or 8th pick in the draft.

Well all the teams in front of the Sabres have to stumble too. Not suggesting we have a chance. More likely we stay in the bottom 3. The Islanders are screwing us by winning so much.

PTR

Be very surprised if the Sabres sustain even a .500 pace.

They are playing much harder, but they still can't score. They are winning mostly because of their goaltending.

They still have a five-game losing string in them, even with Miller.

If he is traded, the losses are going to pile up again in a hurry.

The apathy built so high in January for our sports teams is growing old, I usually don't miss games unless work calls, but I've been missing more games that I usually do.... Sure we're going through a "rebuilding" process and it takes time, and I still cheer for the team, but when you are dead last in the NHL it makes it hard to spend 3 hours of an evening tuned in, it's more exciting waiting on breaking news of trades and etc....

With all that said, F the flyers

The apathy built so high in January for our sports teams is growing old, I usually don't miss games unless work calls, but I've been missing more games that I usually do.... Sure we're going through a "rebuilding" process and it takes time, and I still cheer for the team, but when you are dead last in the NHL it makes it hard to spend 3 hours of an evening tuned in, it's more exciting waiting on breaking news of trades and etc....

With all that said, F the flyers

have you watched the games recently? I think they have been fun to watch

IMO they have been better to watch, but still rather dull. There just isn't enough skill on display for me to call it fun.

I usually get through the first period and a half OK. After that my attention has been wandering.

Yup! This team has a lot of heart (hard to believe I know) and the only way we actually tank is if Miller is traded. They play everyone really tough. I would bet money that the Islanders pick is lower than ours.

No way the Islanders pick lower than us. With our offense we are not playing .500 the rest of the way. Yes, they are playing hard but I predict the last 25 games will be very similar to the first 25. The post Olympic schedule is crazy and the work ethic will not be sustainable. Plus we won't have Miller.

Don't worry the tank will right itself.

No way the Islanders pick lower than us. With our offense we are not playing .500 the rest of the way. Yes, they are playing hard but I predict the last 25 games will be very similar to the first 25. The post Olympic schedule is crazy and the work ethic will not be sustainable. Plus we won't have Miller.

Don't worry the tank will right itself.

You got that retirement money?

I'm thinking this will be something like 4-3 Flyers. They've been a bit hot lately despite losing two in a row. They'll get back on track with a regulation win.

I don't like seeing this:

He hasn’t chatted with new general manager Tim Murray yet.

I get that Murray just got the job and will be busy, but he has nothing more important to do right now than to figure out the future of Moulson, Miller, Ott and Tallinder. If he hasn't even spoken with Moulson yet, then when does he decide to?

Be very surprised if the Sabres sustain even a .500 pace.

They are playing much harder, but they still can't score. They are winning mostly because of their goaltending.

They still have a five-game losing string in them, even with Miller.

If he is traded, the losses are going to pile up again in a hurry.

They are winning mostly because of goaltending and if neither (especially Miller) isn't traded at the deadline then we still have those same guys winning us games the rest of the way. They have to figure out what's going on with Miller and make a move as soon as possible if he's not open to resigning.

We're much better than under rolston, but it is rather dull hockey, no real highlight goals, if any goals..... Other than millsie doing his thing, rather hard to stay up through the game, even the shootouts have been boring with the shooters we have to pick from.

Archived