GDT: Philadelphia at Buffalo 1-14-14 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

I agree. I think Enroth will be the #2 and may even see game time against his current NHL coach if that game gets out of hand.

I think Gustavsson is the #2 as long as he's not hurt based solely on the fact that he's getting more playing time in Detroit than Enroth is here and he's actually winning games. Gus is 11-3-2 this season and Enroth is 1-9-4. Excuses about the quality of team in front of each player aside, Enroth's record is appalling. Overall career numbers aren't much better. Gus: 52-50-18. Enroth: 22-27-11.

I just don't think Enroth has the career history or the hot hand to garner the 2nd spot.

I think Gustavsson is the #2 as long as he's not hurt based solely on the fact that he's getting more playing time in Detroit than Enroth is here and he's actually winning games. Gus is 11-3-2 this season and Enroth is 1-9-4. Excuses about the quality of team in front of each player aside, Enroth's record is appalling. Overall career numbers aren't much better. Gus: 52-50-18. Enroth: 22-27-11.

I just don't think Enroth has the career history or the hot hand to garner the 2nd spot.

There's some logic to this. Hopefully Sweden's coach gives them an audition, because I really think Enroth is the better of the two.

Even though he was a big part of Sweden winning gold at the World Championships this past summer?

There's some logic to this. Hopefully Sweden's coach gives them an audition, because I really think Enroth is the better of the two.

I would have said that before. But watching a lot of Detroit hockey this year has me inclined to disagree. Detroit is playing abysmal defense right now. The only thing making them look better than Buffalo is the fact that they're scoring goals. We have 129 GA, Detroit 127. That differential of -9 as opposed to -46 is huge. And it looks that way in real life too. Howard, Gustavsson and Mrazek are getting shelled nightly.

Even though he was a big part of Sweden winning gold at the World Championships this past summer?

World Championships aren't the same animal as the Olympics.

I'm inclined to lean more towards Liger on this being much closer than you're giving him credit. I don't think Gustavsson has accomplished anything in the international hockey/tournament scene, which gives Enroth something to plant his flag in for playing time argument. It's a moot point regardless since Lundqvist is going to be a major piece of Sweden's chances in Sochi.

I would have said that before. But watching a lot of Detroit hockey this year has me inclined to disagree. Detroit is playing abysmal defense right now. The only thing making them look better than Buffalo is the fact that they're scoring goals. We have 129 GA, Detroit 127. That differential of -9 as opposed to -46 is huge. And it looks that way in real life too. Howard, Gustavsson and Mrazek are getting shelled nightly.

And the Olympics isn't the same as NHL regular season.

And the Olympics isn't the same as NHL regular season.

World Championships are about on par with NHL regular season play. With a lot of top goaltenders not present. The only reason enroth played is because others were either busy or declined.

Miller hasnt played a world championships since he was like 20......

Gustavsson also has Olympic Experience, he played in one game at the last olympics.

He has also played in 11 World Championship games

He came over to the NHL with some hype from Sweeden if I recall, Burke made a big splash by signing "The Monster" to the Leafs

I'm sure you can figure it out.

That you're mentally handicapped. Yeah, I've got that figured out pretty well.

Gustavsson also has Olympic Experience, he played in one game at the last olympics.

He has also played in 11 World Championship games

He came over to the NHL with some hype from Sweeden if I recall, Burke made a big splash by signing "The Monster" to the Leafs

Yup, lots of hype. This year is the first he's really shown any of that play though.

That you're mentally handicapped. Yeah, I've got that figured out pretty well.

Yup, lots of hype. This year is the first he's really shown any of that play though.

There you go with more personal attacks and name-calling. Stay classy my friend, if I wanted to deal with children I'd run a day care center.

World Championships are about on par with NHL regular season play. With a lot of top goaltenders not present. The only reason enroth played is because others were either busy or declined.

Miller hasnt played a world championships since he was like 20......

Don't think he played any WC

When did he do that? Can't find anything about it.

Archived