All About Ted Nolan

Eleven

I think he's getting players to play the way they need to. He's really helped Tyler Myers and to some degree lately Tyler Ennis. He's the perfect guy to have as our coach going forward in the interim. He's deserves the chance to watch this team grow. While the wins aren't there in leaps and bounds, we've got a much higher compete mentality since he's come back.

What does that mean?

Of course not. Battista will be the first-line center.

Battista is the convenient Deux Ex Machina for which we can blame anything bad, or we don't like, about the Sabres. It's probably the reason T-Pegs created the position and hired him for it.

3/19: http://pmd.fan960.com/audio_on_demand_2013/Rob-Ray-with-Dean-Molberg-DM-20140318-Interview.mp3 <10:19>

Buffalo Sabres broadcaster Rob Ray joins Boomer once again and says that a reported three-year contract extension for head coach Ted Nolan is well deserved, and reflects Nolan's popularity amongst Sabres players.

he is the new Larry Quinn!

Congratulation's! You've ruined me :wallbash: Now when I see this guy I will start running m y mouth at him in he arena security will get called and my seasons will be revoked.

Thanks a lot. Or maybe I can just tell him hey, you're no Larry Quinn. :ph34r:

Ray would be getting solid second line minutes on this team.

You bet he would, that phenom scored on his first shift.

He'd be getting 2nd line minutes if he were 28 years old, or he'd be getting them if he were to suit up tomorrow?

Don't answer that...

Who wouldn’t leap to sign a multi-year contract for a position in which they are being set up to miserably fail? Who wouldn’t rejoice at being contractually obligated to take the blame, and face the music, for every game in which your blatantly deficient roster fails to miraculously win? Who wouldn’t immediately sign the papers to ensure beyond a doubt that you’ll be the first man sent to the guillotine, and your head will be kicked to the curb, by an owner who will reap many profits, but never take any blame? Who wouldn’t wish for each inevidable loss to be engraved upon their tombstone without fan protestation? RIP Ted Nolan: It was HIS fault!

Edited by Marcellus

Who wouldn’t leap to sign a multi-year contract for a position in which they are being set up to miserably fail? Who wouldn’t rejoice at being contractually obligated to take the blame, and face the music, for every game in which your blatantly deficient roster fails to miraculously win? Who wouldn’t immediately sign the papers to ensure beyond a doubt that you’ll be the first man sent to the guillotine, and your head will be kicked to the curb, by an owner who will reap many profits, but never take any blame? Who wouldn’t wish for each inevidable loss to be engraved upon their tombstone without fan protestation? RIP Ted Nolan: It was HIS fault!

Well, your posts are consistently insane.

Among (many) other things, do you think TP is making much in the way of profits?

Well, your posts are consistently insane.

Among (many) other things, do you think TP is making much in the way of profits?

That's an important point. I don't think that he's unprofitable, but I'll give your question the attention it deserves later this evening in an edit of this post. Kudos.

It's kind of a red herring, though. Golisano "lost" money every year yet somehow left 80MM richer. Not a bad return after only 5 years (or whatever it was).

Owning a sports team is like flipping a house. The only question is are we just getting some new paint and tile and maybe some eye catching landscaping that looks great from the street, or are we getting the new en suite, walk-in closet and open floor plan when he sells it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.