All fans entering FNC will be subject to magnetometer (wand) screening

26CornerBlitz

ENHANCED SECURITY PROCEDURES IMPLEMENTED AT FIRST NIAGARA CENTER

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that enhanced security procedures have been put in place at First Niagara Center. Beginning with Tuesday’s home game against the Los Angeles Kings, all Sabres fans entering the arena will be subject to a handheld magnetometer (wand) screening upon entry to the arena.

The handheld magnetometers have been in use on a limited basis at the arena since last season as part of gradual and pre-planned efforts to enhance security for games and events. However, to further comply with league-wide security policies mandated by the National Hockey League, the magnetometer screening has been expanded to include all patrons of First Niagara Center.

Fans attending games and events at First Niagara Center are encouraged to arrive early to ensure orderly entry into the arena.

The handheld magnetometers have been in use on a limited basis at the arena since last season as part of gradual and pre-planned efforts to enhance security for games and events.

I was gonna say. The last 2 times I've been to a game (entering via the 200-level parking ramp access), we've been wanded.

The year is 2013. The month is November. The Sabres record is 3-15-1.

Chet and Muffy, despite their upper middle class status, and spacious Clarence digs, feel disenfranchised. Muffy breaks the ice by telling Chet to visit the local Gander Mountain, with one caveat: instead of buying a turkey deep fryer, pop-up bird-watching blind, or latest model New Balance 997's size 7, width D, and the usual Powerbars, she tells him to buy a handgun, the more easily concealed the better.

"I feel so bored," Muffy says.

"Of course, honey. I feel your frustration. What brand?" Chet asks.

Muffy responds, "The Sabres are sucking this year, and someone needs to pay!"

She must be joking, Chet thinks. Muffy is hot, so Chet does her bidding, goes and buys the handgun in his name, and ammo 'cause he's been conditioned by similar trips to Wegman's for complicated recipes. Chet knows the brand, type, and variant of her maxi-pad, and he knows the turmoil that can result from a variance from that formula. Chet's philosophy with Muffy, is one of utter and unquestionable compliance.

"Hold my purse for me, Chet," she says, as they enter the Arena. "I've got a platinum-flavored condom in the purse, and I'd be so embarrassed if the security guard searched it and found out what's going to happen in the parking lot after the game," Muffy says.

"Of course, my love," Chet says. "I'd do anything for you, my love."

"I guess I've still got it," Chet thinks. "Still the same old stud, I am," Chet conjectures. "I've never heard of a platinum condom before, but so glad that I can afford it," Chet thought, that is, before the magnometer went off, and the security force discovered the loaded handgun that Muffy had planned on discharging all over the F'NC.

"Chet, they could have still made the playoffs!," Muffy exclaimed, as Chet was hauled off in cuffs.

"Call my lawyer!" Chet shouts, while being hauled away.

Muffy does call Chet's lawyer. The handsome fellow offers his sincerest condolences, and inquires about the empty 100 level seat, and side of the bed, available that same and very night!!!

Beware the magnometer, Chet. Beware!!!

I love the higher ups with these policies. There was never a target. You can't possibly get something big enough through the turnstiles to cause "serious" damage. Now, what you do at these games is have 2,000 tightly packed people congregated in an enclosure with nowhere to move forward and back, and unsecured access into the pavilion where you can walk in with 3 hockey bags full of goodies.

The same goes for the NFL. You have 1,000 people crammed outside of each gate in a 3,000 sq ft area where you can drive a car up to 20 feet away.

The fans should claim some kind of security class action. To me, it's a ploy to get people in there early and spending cash. In the grand scheme of things, you are putting 100x as many people at risk as to what type of damage could be done inside in a worst case scenario. Common sense.

And don't get me started about Harbor Center building 2 rinks directly on top of a multi story parking garage where hundreds of people will be coming in with giant hockey bags and team vans each day. Are they going to search each car and bag coming in?

What a world.....$$ in the name of "security".

The year is 2013. The month is November. The Sabres record is 3-15-1.

Chet and Muffy, despite their upper middle class status, and spacious Clarence digs, feel disenfranchised. Muffy breaks the ice by telling Chet to visit the local Gander Mountain, with one caveat: instead of buying a turkey deep fryer, pop-up bird-watching blind, or latest model New Balance 997's size 7, width D, and the usual Powerbars, she tells him to buy a handgun, the more easily concealed the better.

"I feel so bored," Muffy says.

"Of course, honey. I feel your frustration. What brand?" Chet asks.

Muffy responds, "The Sabres are sucking this year, and someone needs to pay!"

She must be joking, Chet thinks. Muffy is hot, so Chet does her bidding, goes and buys the handgun in his name, and ammo 'cause he's been conditioned by similar trips to Wegman's for complicated recipes. Chet knows the brand, type, and variant of her maxi-pad, and he knows the turmoil that can result from a variance from that formula. Chet's philosophy with Muffy, is one of utter and unquestionable compliance.

"Hold my purse for me, Chet," she says, as they enter the Arena. "I've got a platinum-flavored condom in the purse, and I'd be so embarrassed if the security guard searched it and found out what's going to happen in the parking lot after the game," Muffy says.

"Of course, my love," Chet says. "I'd do anything for you, my love."

"I guess I've still got it," Chet thinks. "Still the same old stud, I am," Chet conjectures. "I've never heard of a platinum condom before, but so glad that I can afford it," Chet thought, that is, before the magnometer went off, and the security force discovered the loaded handgun that Muffy had planned on discharging all over the F'NC.

"Chet, they could have still made the playoffs!," Muffy exclaimed, as Chet was hauled off in cuffs.

"Call my lawyer!" Chet shouts, while being hauled away.

Muffy does call Chet's lawyer. The handsome fellow offers his sincerest condolences, and inquires about the empty 100 level seat, and side of the bed, available that same and very night!!!

Beware the magnometer, Chet. Beware!!!

Ha!

ENHANCED SECURITY PROCEDURES IMPLEMENTED AT FIRST NIAGARA CENTER

The Buffalo Sabres today announced that enhanced security procedures have been put in place at First Niagara Center. Beginning with Tuesday’s home game against the Los Angeles Kings, all Sabres fans entering the arena will be subject to a handheld magnetometer (wand) screening upon entry to the arena.

The handheld magnetometers have been in use on a limited basis at the arena since last season as part of gradual and pre-planned efforts to enhance security for games and events. However, to further comply with league-wide security policies mandated by the National Hockey League, the magnetometer screening has been expanded to include all patrons of First Niagara Center.

Fans attending games and events at First Niagara Center are encouraged to arrive early to ensure orderly entry into the arena.

These wands are specially designed to find hope. The last thing the Sabres want entering their arena is hope.

I would pay for a Ghost/Yuri podcast. It should be scripted and read by actors though.

We'd only accept love...not money.

And how about the irony of announcing this on Veteran's Day? How many hundreds of thousands have died, and millions dedicated their lives, so we could live lives with a chance at enough prosperity to go and watch a freaking hockey game if we can and want to? There are always going to be yahoos and bad people.....and when you overreact and allow the moneymakers to take charge of your lives in the veil of "security", it's a slap in the face to the generations that actually LIVED life and were willing to die so their descendants could do so as well. Unbelievable.

And I guess Gary Bettman has never watched the restaurant scene from The Godfather.......yeah....Gary...I'm just going in at 11AM on Thursday to buy a pair of tickets to the Leafs game and check out the Sabres store. Oh boy....I really have to take a PP though. Oh, lookie there....a bathroom, 30 feet from the Sabres store. Freaking idiots....

On a similar note, I love how the helmet rule from fighting is causing injuries left and right. I think Clarkson lost a pint of blood the other night when Iginla's visor took half the skin off his arm.

This is why I keep the extra vodka and the humidor......

Archived