Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

Well I went back and looked at ISS from November and sure of enough Karlsson at #6 and McKeown at #10

http://www.prweb.com...web11336311.htm

Also I should add my 3rd round sleeper pick is Blake Clarke, he got injured and only played 33 games but he has the size and skill to be a good guy to grab on the rebound.

Edited by LGR4GM

He has us landing both Anton Karlsson (31st) and Adrian Kempe (39th)

I would love to get both these guys Brendan Lemieux being a consolation prize. I just don't see Kempe falling to 39

Here are his draft rankings:

Bob McKenzie Mid-Term (TSN) - 27

Craig Button April rankings(TSN) - 9

ISS Final Rankings - 23

Future Considerations April rankings - 24

Hockey Writers April Rankings- 17

Then again it doesn't mean any of them are right.

April 24th Recap late 1st / Early 2nd Round Prospects

2014 IIHF U18 World Championship

Jakub Vrana FW CZE 2G 0A +3+/- (including OT Winner)

David Pastrnak FW CZE DNP

CZE Defeats RUS 3-2 in Quarter-Final Game 23

Adrian Kempe FW Sweden 0G 0A

Anton Karlsson FW Sweden 0G 0A

Marcus Pettersson D Sweden 1G 0A +2+/-

Oskar Lindblom FW Sweden 0G 1A +2+/-

SWE defeats FIN 10-0 in Quarter-Final, Game 24

Well I went back and looked at ISS from November and sure of enough Karlsson at #6 and McKeown at #10

http://www.prweb.com...web11336311.htm

Ya that's what I remember. That's a huge fall from 6 down to the first pick in the second round! McKeown falling half a round in a draft that is far from deep on the back end is also surprising to me.

Ya that's what I remember. That's a huge fall from 6 down to the first pick in the second round! McKeown falling half a round in a draft that is far from deep on the back end is also surprising to me.

They are ranked 20 for McKeown and 27 for Karlsson respectively in the latest edition of ISS

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/

I think the mock draft is a little off but since it is one of the first full 7 round mocks that it was worth looking at.

They are ranked 20 for McKeown and 27 for Karlsson respectively in the latest edition of ISS

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30/

I think the mock draft is a little off but since it is one of the first full 7 round mocks that it was worth looking at.

Agreed. Never too early to start looking at some mocks.

Agreed. Never too early to start looking at some mocks.

I am surprised how far Karlsson has fallen in some rankings and such. When you read stuff on him they talk about how good he is and such but he just is in free fall. If the Sabres did end up with him I would be quite happy.

It wouldn't suprise me to see Nylander pass Dal Colle on some rankings.

He is completely ripping it at the IIHF Under 18 Tourney 5GP 6G 9A +10+/-

Great game tomorrow - USA vs Sweden. i think it will be streamed on FastHockey.com

There's always a chance he could be taken before dal colle but if he does I think it had little to do with what he does in that tourney. This draft is loaded with chl players that are not participating in that tourney. Dal colles 20 points in 12 ohl playoff games mean much more than what nylander does in the iihf under 18 IMO.

There's always a chance he could be taken before dal colle but if he does I think it had little to do with what he does in that tourney. This draft is loaded with chl players that are not participating in that tourney. Dal colles 20 points in 12 ohl playoff games mean much more than what nylander does in the iihf under 18 IMO.

Good point about the CHL players. Today's game USA vs Sweden should be a good test as both teams have their best players at the Tourney.

Jack Eichel - WOW!! what a player, the more I see the more I want!!

Killing Penalties for the US. steals the puck, blows past the Dman, tremendous acceleration and gets hauled down as he breaks to the net

Can I dare to dream of the Sabres landing both McDavid and Eichel?

Edited by Crusader1969

Good point about the CHL players. Today's game USA vs Sweden should be a good test as both teams have their best players at the Tourney.

Killing Penalties for the US. steals the puck, blows past the Dman, tremendous acceleration and gets hauled down as he breaks to the net

That there is a wet dream

It may potentially occur if NYI give us their 2015. They may be OK next year, but they're the type of team that could actually implode. I don't see Snow as one that has long-term vision, so he may be dumb enough to give us the 2015 pick. I would rather rebuild over 4-5 years and end up with elite players than rebuild over 3-4 with just good players.

It may potentially occur if NYI give us their 2015. They may be OK next year, but they're the type of team that could actually implode. I don't see Snow as one that has long-term vision, so he may be dumb enough to give us the 2015 pick. I would rather rebuild over 4-5 years and end up with elite players than rebuild over 3-4 with just good players.

That's the best case scenario. One way or another the Islanders shouldn't be picking #2 overall with their current roster, I would assume somewhere between 6-10 at the best case scenario, but yes that would be quite the dream to hope for. With Tavares coming back and hopefully Wang/Snow (if still the GM come draft time) will likely get some sort of goalie help to upgrade over Nabakov/Nillson/Poulin this offseason. I would think Halak is a perfect misfit toy for them to pounce on. If they can lure Hiller, that would be a coup too.

Imagine it, we finish last next year the Islanders 10th worst. By the miracle of the hockey gods the NYI win the draft lottery and we have their pick. We then draft Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel first and second... I think there would a sabregasm all over this board if that happened.

Islanders probably keeping their 2014 1st round pick: http://www.thescore.com/news/490349

While the decision doesn't need to be made for more than a month, Snow may have revealed the Islanders' intent at a season-ticket holder event last week, according to CBC's Elliotte Friedman.

He obtained a quote from a local Long Island news producer who overheard Snow tell a fan, "It would be a safe wager" to assume that the Islanders would utilize the selection in late June.

If the insight is true, the Islanders will forfeit their first-round pick in 2015 - the year Connor McDavid's name comes off the board.

Islanders probably keeping their 2014 1st round pick: http://www.thescore.com/news/490349

IT would be ironic if the Islanders finish just out of the playoffs but win the sweepstakes giving the 1st pick to the Sabres, while the Sabres finish dead last again and lost the sweepstakes...

I would luv the result but laugh at the way it went down...

well if the Blues do resign miller that would give us the 17th overall pick? I only ask because, Adrian Kempe... would look really nice in Sabres Jersey.

It can't be any higher than 22nd. The only playoff results that matter for the draft order are the Stanley Cup Finals and the Conference Finals. Those teams are assigned 27-30 based on where they finished and tiebreakers. Then the rest is ordered by points of the remaining playoff teams.

This year 30th is owned by New Jersey. So the Cup Finals and Conference Finals teams will take 26-29.

So the only way to get it as low as 22 is if those four teams are all lower in points than St. Louis. Chances are it will be 23 or 24.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.