Vanek: ‘I didn’t ask to be traded’

papazoid

With this announcement, it seems that Darcy is set on trading Vanek sooner rather than later. And that's good because if he's garnering new talent, it's better to get them acquainted with the team ASAP.

It also opens the door for a similar deal for Miller, but he's probably waiting to see if Enroth is up to the task first.

Stafford? I still think he's better served if we package him in a deal with Hodgson for Stepan. But I know that won't happen.

http://prohockeytalk...alary-in-trade/

goodbye Thomas............lol.... Cody , make note, less space, time and skill on the ice with you.. (you may want to press for only a 1-2 year bridge)

Interesting to see what OTT thinks..

Stafford and Miller must be thinking "why not me too"

Will the GM consider a trade to an eastern team?

Elliotte "hearing" is not a lot to go on. Basically Tweeting a rumour.

Tallinder is playing with Pysyk. Myers is playing with Ehrhoff.

makes sense :rolleyes:

So i guess the reason for bringin back Tallinder was just to re-unite him with a team he played for before, anotehr "feel good" move instead of the logical move to try and spark "the gentle giant"

As for the Vanek thing, saw that article earlier, so no one wants to give up much for one year of Vanek at $7+ mil, so now they are saying they will pay some of his salary, when they are also saying that they closed the door on trading him now and will wait til the deadline IIRC

As for the Vanek thing, saw that article earlier, so no one wants to give up much for one year of Vanek at $7+ mil, so now they are saying they will pay some of his salary, when they are also saying that they closed the door on trading him now and will wait til the deadline IIRC

Quick, name the last star player traded at the opening of training camp. The trade market being closed right now has nothing to do with how teams value Vanek.

makes sense :rolleyes:

So i guess the reason for bringin back Tallinder was just to re-unite him with a team he played for before, anotehr "feel good" move instead of the logical move to try and spark "the gentle giant"

I doubt they will have to pick up any salary at the deadline..lol...... given the fact that 7/8 th of his salary would have been paid. No trade market now? we will pick up part of his salary? all so strange. The part of his salary assumption only works if you are trying to trade early...hmm

No Rolston actually stated Tallinder will be playing with Pysyk and I have to say I don't think Rolston would waste his time with something like this. Tallinder is not here for Myers.

That means nothing until November, at which point we can assess what Rolston actually plans to do.

No Rolston actually stated Tallinder will be playing with Pysyk and I have to say I don't think Rolston would waste his time with something like this. Tallinder is not here for Myers.

Gotta disagree, at least on what Rolston said. He was clearly talking about who Tallinder was with to start camp, not who he will be with once play begins for real.

No one talking about Vanek's comment on hoping to make the bottom four?

Full quote I heard on the radio this morning was that he said that they have to hope to make the bottom four of the teams getting into the playoffs.

Big difference.

Quick, name the last star player traded at the opening of training camp. The trade market being closed right now has nothing to do with how teams value Vanek.

NoActually it kind of does, cause if he was that highly coveted/valued, he would have been traded by now and there would have been constant attention/trade watches for him, remember when the Rick Nash trade watches?

But that wasn't the point I was making, just the conflicting rumors that they will now look at retaining money to move him, and that the door has closed until the deadline

Tallinder is not here for Myers.

So he is here because the Sabres actual value his play over the last few seasons and wanted him back to upgrade the defence?

NoActually it kind of does, cause if he was that highly coveted/valued, he would have been traded by now and there would have been constant attention/trade watches for him, remember when the Rick Nash trade watches?

But that wasn't the point I was making, just the conflicting rumors that they will now look at retaining money to move him, and that the door has closed until the deadline

So he is here because the Sabres actual value his play over the last few seasons and wanted him back to upgrade the defence?

I still think Tallinder is here as a placeholder that can be traded/waived if one of the rookies looks ready.

SHUT UP YOU ARE RUING THE VANEK HATES BUFFALO NARRATIVE!!!

I don't think anyone is/has been saying he hates Buffalo

Everything he has said to this point though has more to do with him not wanting to stick around through a complete tear-down rebuild situation and is open to going to a new team when he become a FA.

I still think Tallinder is here as a placeholder that can be traded/waived if one of the rookies looks ready.

He struggled to stay in the lineup in NJ and was a healthy scratch a bunch of times IIRC

They would have probably gotten the same out of just playing one of the rookies or signing another FA, instead they brought back another "blast from the past" whos only explanation fans had for bringing him back was that it can be a last ditch attempt to help reunite the spark he had with Myers.

Tallinder didn't mesh with Jersey's coach or style and Henrik said as much. He is here to be a veteran presence but I doubt the Sabres believe he will be some magical cure all for Myers. Myers play this season will improve because of his summer workouts and general maturity.

Full quote I heard on the radio this morning was that he said that they have to hope to make the bottom four of the teams getting into the playoffs.

Big difference.

Difference from what? I didn't try and set a context.

Archived