Around the NHL - 2013-2014

LGR4GM

Oilers trade Dubnyk to Nashville for Matt Hendricks.

This trade doesn't make much sense for Edmonton. Not the Dubnyk was any good, but Bachmann and Bryz have been pretty poor this season and they don't really have anybody in the system. Hmmm...

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod

The Oilers have been working the lines pretty heavily lately, I suspect we'll see at least one more move fairly shortly.

Seems that Edmonton is trying to make additional moves as their last trade doesn't really address their primary need of legit goaltending. However if I had to think in terms of Buffalo, I would think Jhonas Enroth with another year on his deal would be more of a target for them than Ryan Miller. Speculation on my part of course.

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod

The Oilers have been working the lines pretty heavily lately, I suspect we'll see at least one more move fairly shortly.

Seems that Edmonton is trying to make additional moves as their last trade doesn't really address their primary need of legit goaltending. However if I had to think in terms of Buffalo, I would think Jhonas Enroth with another year on his deal would be more of a target for them than Ryan Miller. Speculation on my part of course.

So if we are offering goaltending and defense, it would take quite a bit to land one of their top 3 forwards (probably even untouchable). So who else would we target? Yakupov and his league worst +/-? Some other lesser prospect?

So if we are offering goaltending and defense, it would take quite a bit to land one of their top 3 forwards (probably even untouchable). So who else would we target? Yakupov and his league worst +/-? Some other lesser prospect?

I would target their 1st round pick in either 2014 or 2015

I would target their 1st round pick in either 2014 or 2015

but Liger, unless the 1st round pick is top 5 it will take 2-3 years at least for the player to make the NHL, let alone make an impact. That and if you are trading them Miller, the Oilers will (assumedly) be a much better team by 2015, taking us from early first round to mid to late. There comes a point in a rebuild where you stop collecting picks and start seeking young prospects/NHL players so that you peak in the same window.

not even mentioning that EDM is supposedly on Miller's no-trade-to-canada list

but Liger, unless the 1st round pick is top 5 it will take 2-3 years at least for the player to make the NHL, let alone make an impact. That and if you are trading them Miller, the Oilers will (assumedly) be a much better team by 2015, taking us from early first round to mid to late. There comes a point in a rebuild where you stop collecting picks and start seeking young prospects/NHL players so that you peak in the same window.

not even mentioning that EDM is supposedly on Miller's no-trade-to-canada list

Which is why I never said Miller to edm... I said Enroth. I was wondering if you could leverage a 1st from Edmonton for Enroth if it were conditional. With what just happened with Scrivens, I would guess Enroth would only net you a 2nd at best.

Which is why I never said Miller to edm... I said Enroth. I was wondering if you could leverage a 1st from Edmonton for Enroth if it were conditional. With what just happened with Scrivens, I would guess Enroth would only net you a 2nd at best.

Thing to remember about Scrivens value is he's a UFA at the end of the season.

Enroth, Islanders' 1st, and Zadorov/Ristolainen/Pysyk/McCabe/Ehrhoff for one of their top 3 forwards.

Oilers trade Dubnyk to Nashville for Matt Hendricks.

From the Preds perspective this is a very good trade. Pekka Rinne's hip hasn't responded and he won't be back any time soon. And, the goaltending from Hutton and Mazanec in Pekka's absence has been awful. Soft goals all over the place and not a single shootout win. Dubnyk is no all-star, but he is better than what the Preds have. And, Hendricks is a tough SOB but is nothing more than a good character 4th line role player.

Enroth, Islanders' 1st, and Zadorov/Ristolainen/Pysyk/McCabe/Ehrhoff for one of their top 3 forwards.

Despite the haul that your proposed trade is, I still doubt they trade one of Hall/RNH/Eberle. Although if they did, which of the three would you prefer?

Miller is a slight upgrade from Scrivens, same contract situation, so does this mean the market is now set for miller?

I disagree. Miller is much more than a slight upgrade from Scrivens. In terms of goaltending talent it isn't close IMO, however, the difference in trade returns will not reflect this discrepancy.

Are you saying Miller's talent is a slight upgrade or his contract situation is better?

I disagree. Miller is much more than a slight upgrade from Scrivens. In terms of goaltending talent it isn't close IMO, however, the difference in trade returns will not reflect this discrepancy.

Sorry boys. I need a sarcasm emoticon.

Despite the haul that your proposed trade is, I still doubt they trade one of Hall/RNH/Eberle. Although if they did, which of the three would you prefer?

That's a tough one. I have always really liked Eberle, but I think I'd prefer Hall. That said, I think Eberle and RNH are both more available than Hall. But I really don't want to trade one of our good defensemen.

That's a tough one. I have always really liked Eberle, but I think I'd prefer Hall. That said, I think Eberle and RNH are both more available than Hall. But I really don't want to trade one of our good defensemen.

I would choose Hall as well. You know how the saying goes - you have to give up something good to get something good. Our team need at forward and our depth at defense means that even trading an 'equal' prospect would benefit our team as a whole. Top D prospect traded away for Top Forward prospect makes us a better team.

I would choose Hall as well. You know how the saying goes - you have to give up something good to get something good. Our team need at forward and our depth at defense means that even trading an 'equal' prospect would benefit our team as a whole. Top D prospect traded away for Top Forward prospect makes us a better team.

So Stafford, Leino, and Weber isn't going to do it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.