OT: Explosions at the Boston Marathon

spndnchz

Not the NY Post guy, the Reddit guy, and not 4/15 (day of marathon), 3/15 (a month before)

Ahhh, I'm the one who can't read. Just so I get this straight since reddit is mentioned, they are talking about the picture that the NY Post wound up running, right? But this time around they're saying that some thought the missing kid looked like the one in that photo.

Do I have this right now or did people think this kid looked like the Tsarnaev picture?

Ahhh, I'm the one who can't read. Just so I get this straight since reddit is mentioned, they are talking about the picture that the NY Post wound up running, right? But this time around they're saying that some thought the missing kid looked like the one in that photo.

Do I have this right now or did people think this kid looked like the Tsarnaev picture?

They were incorrectly putting a name to the pictures of the Dzhokhar Tsarnaev released by the FBI.

They were incorrectly putting a name to the pictures of the Dzhokhar Tsarnaev released by the FBI.

Ahh thanks. It wasn't clear from that story, but when I heard reddit I immediately thought of that picture they were posting the day before the FBI put the real picture out there.

I just re read the last 3 pages and I just want to say, I am more afraid of some jackass with a gun shooting me than some "extremist" carrying out an "attack". We have made ourselves paranoid of something that has resulted in 3,000 deaths over the last 20 years. Should we be vigilant? yes. Should we sacrifice liberty for Safety? No.

PS...Syria just used chemical weapons.....

Oh...and they were going to bomb Times Square too....

Oh...and computers are "down" so nobody can trade options on the CBOE...

Off to the beer thread.......

And where did they get those chemical weapons? Those weapons of *mass distruction*.

I'm guessing the same place our pal Saddam got them .......... :ph34r:

See you over in the beer thread ...

And where did they get those chemical weapons? Those weapons of *mass distruction*.

I'm guessing the same place our pal Saddam got them .......... :ph34r:

See you over in the beer thread ...

Syria bought/buys they're weapons from the Soviets/Russians.

To touch on anxiety, the FBI, CIA, or whatever government entity is "watching," to be vague, are overwhelmingly allies of the people of the USA. They are citizens, in fact. While they may be or seem over-zealous in rare incidences, they have joined up to serve and protect, and actually put their lives on the line. If you think that you are anxious, think of how they must feel with all that's riding on their shoulders.

Yes, they are trained, and yes, to a large extent they take orders, but I believe that the Biggest Brother in the USA is Uncle Sam, and he wants to see his nieces and nephews live free and prosper. So if you think that your phone or computer or radio or whatever might be tapped, be sure to thank whomever is listening, and kindly urge them to be a little more discreet about their methods in the future. Go Sabres!

To touch on anxiety, the FBI, CIA, or whatever government entity is "watching," to be vague, are overwhelmingly allies of the people of the USA. They are citizens, in fact. While they may be or seem over-zealous in rare incidences, they have joined up to serve and protect, and actually put their lives on the line. If you think that you are anxious, think of how they must feel with all that's riding on their shoulders.

Yes, they are trained, and yes, to a large extent they take orders, but I believe that the Biggest Brother in the USA is Uncle Sam, and he wants to see his nieces and nephews live free and prosper. So if you think that your phone or computer or radio or whatever might be tapped, be sure to thank whomever is listening, and kindly urge them to be a little more discreet about their methods in the future. Go Sabres!

Yeah, I'll pass on that thank you.

Three college students have been arrested in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings, a Boston police source said this morning. The Boston police official Twitter account said that three additional “suspects” had been taken into custody. The source said the three had been arrested by federal authorities.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/05/01/three-additional-people-taken-into-custody-boston-marathon-bombings/3MulgF9i44dvOOs3QazC1H/story.html

They threw out the laptop because they didn't want Tsarnaev to get in trouble. And this is after they realized that he was responsible for the bombing? Throw the book at these kids. They're scumbags too.

They're just going to use them to help prove up the case against Tsarnaev. I'll bet the American does no time and the two foreigners are deported without charge.

They're just going to use them to help prove up the case against Tsarnaev. I'll bet the American does no time and the two foreigners are deported without charge.

I think that is a fair assumption. Get some charges on them and pull out some State's evidence.

• 2 months later...

Archived