Kilgore leaving Channel 2...

LabattBlue

He has accepted a position with East Resources, a company run by Terry Pegula. It is important to note that Ed's position will not involve the Buffalo Sabres, so Ed will continue to objectively cover the Buffalo Sabres during the final weeks of his time at Channel 2.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/210002/37/Sports-Director-Ed-Kilgore-Leaving-Channel-2-For-New-Challenge

Ok, this stinks to high hockey heaven.

Good God (PBUH), how can someone have not made a wiki page about him? There's something very wrong when I can't google a minor celebrity to find out his birthday in 4 seconds. :)

:w00t:

And just so ya know you don't have to ask for the blessings of the Almighty upon the Almighty ... ;)

But, I admire your spunk and memory ... :thumbsup:

From LinkedIn:

East Resources, Inc. was formed by Terrence M. Pegula in 1983. The company explored for and produced oil & gas, primarily in the Appalachian Basin, and it acquired a significant position in the Marcellus Shale play in Pennsylvania. In July of 2010, the company, through the sale of an affiliate, East Resources Management, LLC, sold its Marcellus Shale and other assets in Pennsylvania, New York, and Colorado to an affiliate of Shell Oil Company. The company's principal place of business is now located in Boca Raton, Florida.

So East is still around and Terry's still in the oil and gas business. Why does he need an Ed Kilgore?

Met Mr Kilgore at the Aud ticket line in May of 74. We were outside waiting in line to buy tickets to the Philadelphia game (infamous fog game). He was a nice and really pleasant. He was there to interview the Sabres players but took time to chat with the fans. Ed is a true gentleman and had a great run at channel 2. I wish him well.

Archived