Kilgore leaving Channel 2...

LabattBlue

Terry too busy with NHL trade deadline to be interviewed by Wall Street Journal for story on East Resources' safety record? From an East Resources press release:

Finally, Mr. Pegula declined an interview request made immediately prior to the Easter Holiday and during the lead up to the National Hockey League trade deadline as the request was untimely under the circumstances.

http://www.marketwat...icle-2013-04-02

:w00t:

And just so ya know you don't have to ask for the blessings of the Almighty upon the Almighty ... ;)

But, I admire your spunk and memory ... :thumbsup:

I was thinking more about this (on the way to the bar last night), I realized I was reading PBUH wrong all along. I always figured it was person to prophet (in the "It is right to give Him thanks and praise" vein), not asking God/Allah to bless the prophet. Interesting!

I think I'm going to use Terry's own press release against him when I offer my closing arguments to convict him of franchise meddling, a felony.

"Terry, it's the Wall Street Journal, asking for comment on your fracking safety record."

"I can't talk! I'm too busy trading Sabres!"

I think I'm going to use Terry's own press release against him when I offer my closing arguments to convict him of franchise meddling, a felony.

"Terry, it's the Wall Street Journal, asking for comment on your fracking safety record."

"I can't talk! I'm too busy trading Sabres!"

No doubt, that's *insider trading* ..........

The judge will probably say *5 to 10*, but I'd say *double that again, I aint workin' for the Clampdown*

=====

Bonus points available to any who recognize the quotes .......... hello, Neo ... paging, Neo.

I was thinking more about this (on the way to the bar last night), I realized I was reading PBUH wrong all along. I always figured it was person to prophet (in the "It is right to give Him thanks and praise" vein), not asking God/Allah to bless the prophet. Interesting!

You got it, Pontiac ... :thumbsup:

Ooofff. You figured this out on the way to the bar, uuummmm .......... ;)

Not many seem to remember, but the highlight of Ed's days at channel 2 for me was his hosting of the "Ed and the boys" piece on Sports Extra. Kilgore, Roby, Lorentz, sometimes Ted Darling sitting in a smoke filled room talking Sabres hockey no holds barred. Great stuff that was.

The Sabres round-table was entertaining.

Ed has been awful critical of the Sabres and this is a hasty departure (end of May) after 40 years. Anyone else think TP bought him off to shut him up?

Oh please. Ed has never been a scathing critic of any pro franchise in this town.

He probably still has nice things to say about the '84 Bills.

A pretty kind after the fact piece if you ask me.

Respectfully disagee X. To me, this piece is peppered with the mistakes of Pegula and poorness of the team.

F'rinstance, TPegs couldn't be thrilled about this sentence: "Terry Pegula was a giddy fan as he gushed about being a Sabres fanatic who dreamed that some day he might actually own the team." Makes him sound like a fresh-faced rookie.

Here's another: "When the Sabres staggered out of the lockout with a 6-10-1 record, Pegula became less and less visible to the media, but as I wrote somewhere else recently, one should never mistake his silence for lack of interest."

And this one: "The Sabres poor play finally reached a point of no return on Tuesday night when a crowd of about 19,000 fans booed lustily as their Sabres left the ice following a disheartening 2-1 home loss to the struggling Winnipeg Jets"

The above and more is bad PR for one Terrence Pegula and I stick with my opinion.

Respectfully disagee X. To me, this piece is peppered with the mistakes of Pegula and poorness of the team.

F'rinstance, TPegs couldn't be thrilled about this sentence: "Terry Pegula was a giddy fan as he gushed about being a Sabres fanatic who dreamed that some day he might actually own the team." Makes him sound like a fresh-faced rookie.

Here's another: "When the Sabres staggered out of the lockout with a 6-10-1 record, Pegula became less and less visible to the media, but as I wrote somewhere else recently, one should never mistake his silence for lack of interest."

And this one: "The Sabres poor play finally reached a point of no return on Tuesday night when a crowd of about 19,000 fans booed lustily as their Sabres left the ice following a disheartening 2-1 home loss to the struggling Winnipeg Jets"

The above and more is bad PR for one Terrence Pegula and I stick with my opinion.

I guess I just don't see it.

In 40 years around here I don't think I can remember Ed ever taking an angry tone, or a controversial posture.

There is a reason he survived this long. It was because he was professional, but not because he was hard-hitting.

It smells fishy to me, that's all I have to say, that Kilgore gives up sports and takes a job from Pegula. It sounds like a conflict of interest. After all, TPeg has blamed "the media" for the team's demise and Kilgore is a big part of that media.

Ed wasn't hard-hitting but to me, he was surprisingly critical of this team.

Kinda odd that Kilgore was speaking in springville at the town hall yesterday. I didn't catch any of it but thought it was weird he was in springville.

Btw what is his role going to be with pegulas company?

Ed has said he'll report directly to Terry and Kim and that it'll have something, in part, to do with the HarborCenter.

It does say something about Terry's decision-making. He looks to those he "knows." To familiar faces. He cherishes the past. The safe choice. Ed ain't goin' nowhere.

Kinda shows how square he is, too. If part of what Ed will do is be the face of the HarborCenter, try to sell it to young families with kids who play hockey... well, Ed might be "cool" to Terry, but he's Uncle Ed, or Grampa, to the target audience.

It smells fishy to me, that's all I have to say, that Kilgore gives up sports and takes a job from Pegula. It sounds like a conflict of interest. After all, TPeg has blamed "the media" for the team's demise and Kilgore is a big part of that media.

Ed wasn't hard-hitting but to me, he was surprisingly critical of this team.

I think you might be onto something, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the idea was to shut Ed Kilgore up. That's funny. It could be part of a larger strategy to influence or co-op some of the media. Media folks move to sports teams all the time. Chris Brown. Kevin Sylvester. John Murphy. The line has always been blurred with guys like Ed, Van, Rick Azar and others who were voices of our teams and then were supposed to cover them.

Giving Ed a high-paying (for Buffalo; I would assume) job could be a calculated move to dangle more such jobs in front of the Buckys, Mikes, Johns, Jerrys et als. In a rapidly changing media environment, and in a world of print journalism that doesn't pay that great, it might give them pause about pissing off Terry too much.

Mike Harrington, Social Media Coordinator, Buffalo Sabres

Tonight's the night I say so long in my last 6pm sportscast at Ch2. Leave a fantastic group of people. Talented, smart, and we laugh a lot! Plan coming to B-lo from Houston in '73 to stay 2 years - ha - turned in to 40! What a great ride, but I'm only changing horses as the ride continues. Thanks for your support, and for those happy to say good riddance, there's that too!

Update from Ed's post on fb...Ed's leaving tonight.

Ed has said he'll report directly to Terry and Kim and that it'll have something, in part, to do with the HarborCenter.

It does say something about Terry's decision-making. He looks to those he "knows." To familiar faces. He cherishes the past. The safe choice. Ed ain't goin' nowhere.

Kinda shows how square he is, too. If part of what Ed will do is be the face of the HarborCenter, try to sell it to young families with kids who play hockey... well, Ed might be "cool" to Terry, but he's Uncle Ed, or Grampa, to the target audience.

I think you might be onto something, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the idea was to shut Ed Kilgore up. That's funny. It could be part of a larger strategy to influence or co-op some of the media. Media folks move to sports teams all the time. Chris Brown. Kevin Sylvester. John Murphy. The line has always been blurred with guys like Ed, Van, Rick Azar and others who were voices of our teams and then were supposed to cover them.

Giving Ed a high-paying (for Buffalo; I would assume) job could be a calculated move to dangle more such jobs in front of the Buckys, Mikes, Johns, Jerrys et als. In a rapidly changing media environment, and in a world of print journalism that doesn't pay that great, it might give them pause about pissing off Terry too much.

Mike Harrington, Social Media Coordinator, Buffalo Sabres

The next thing you know Jodi and Victoria will be working for First Niagara, and Mike DeGeorge will be a police spokesman.

Beware!

little known fact: ed kilgore is well over four hundred years old. one of my ancestors first met him a few years after the mayflower landed at plymouth rock, he was covering the newly discovered multi-state lacrosse game that happened every ten years or so in the wamaponag tribe. he was completely bald back then, and he used various river reeds and cattails to construct what was at the time a pretty impressive weave that was reminiscent of an english barrister wig. shortly after that he officially became one of satans satyrs and thus should have at least another half millennium of life span. i talked to him recently and hes hoping that will be enough for him to cover an eventual bills or sabres championship

Archived