Game of Thrones

qwksndmonster

Sansa's wedding was never consummated.  So by the laws of the 7 Kingdoms it can be set aside.

Ok. I get that but in the teaser chapter from WoW, Sansa/Alayne states (to herself) that she cannot remarry unless Tyrion is dead. That got me to thinking.

I wasn't unhappy with the episode.  It wasn't as good as "Hardhome" but very few are, and overall I thought it was still pretty good. 

I thought the attack scene at the end was great.

As for why Jon didn't tell the group about what happened at Hardhome -- I think it was implied that he told them (which is why Ser Mallister said he had a good heart) although it wasn't shown. 

Also:  GFY, Stannis.  I can't believe I'm saying this but I hope Ramsey tears you to shreds.

Yeah i was a fan of stannis myself now i don't know anymore.

Ok. I get that but in the teaser chapter from WoW, Sansa/Alayne states (to herself) that she cannot remarry unless Tyrion is dead. That got me to thinking.

Westeros, specifically King's Landing, is under the assumption that Tyrion is gone never to return. Essentially "dead to me" type of deal. That coupled with the lack of consummation, and that Ramsay and the Boltons live by their own set of rules, are why the marriage isn't really questioned IMO.

As far as I can remember from the books, Greyscale can only be passed on by touch once the person is fully changed...........I have read the books and I like both the series and the books.......Books 4 and 5 are far from perfect so I have far less problems with the changes that have taken place this season........Episode 8 and 9 for example are far better in the show then the books.

Qwk, you seem a pretty avid book/fantasy reader. If that's true, I can't recommend the series 'Malazan: Book of the Fallen' enough. I've read all of ASOIF, and I thought it was an amazing series, but Malazan just has more...depth, and in some aspects, more surprise. The author really makes an incredible, one of a kind world, and the history and characters he has in it are second to none.

I am halfway through book 1 in the Malazan series... it has been really good. 

I am halfway through book 1 in the Malazan series... it has been really good. 

Awesome! It throws a lot at you really quickly, but it's worth sticking with. There are a million little things in GotM that I've looked back on with complete surprise when he ties them in in later books.

Also, Anomander Rake and Quick Ben are some of the most badass characters in a book series

Awesome! It throws a lot at you really quickly, but it's worth sticking with. There are a million little things in GotM that I've looked back on with complete surprise when he ties them in in later books.

Also, Anomander Rake and Quick Ben are some of the most badass characters in a book series

Anomander Rake just killed a demon and Quick Ben has just been a badass already.  I will say Tattersails story was really cool and (no spoilers!) but I hope to see her again.  

I ordered books 2 and 3 today.  Don't want to run out.  I have to agree that it starts very confusing and then things just start falling into place. You need to get through the first 200 pages before stuff starts making sense. 

Anomander Rake just killed a demon and Quick Ben has just been a badass already.  I will say Tattersails story was really cool and (no spoilers!) but I hope to see her again.  

I ordered books 2 and 3 today.  Don't want to run out.  I have to agree that it starts very confusing and then things just start falling into place. You need to get through the first 200 pages before stuff starts making sense. 

I was a little angry to start book 2 because it's on an entirely different continent with different characters, but it ends up being a solid book. Book 3 is where it's at though. Currently 2/3 through book 4, and I'm loving where it's headed, really starts to reveal some of the mysteries about the world's history. 

No spoilers, I promise  :lol:. I'm happy you ordered it and gave it a chance though, keep me posted when something crazy happens 

I do appreciate the Stannis=Azor Ahai POV that you have on the scene. But deep down my huge issue is that book Stannis is one of my favorite characters, and show Stannis really sucks. Most of my anger has to do with how they portrayed the choice, whereas you're coming from a more bird's eye big picture story sense. I'm mad that Ramsay was a major contributing factor in bringing Stannis to his so called "lowest point."

The question of how much Stannis wants the throne is an interesting one. Stannis would tell us that it's merely his duty. He never wanted the iron throne, but the cup passed to him and it's his duty to drink from it. In a deeper sense, I think he desires everything his older brother had and that's part of the reason he's so relentless.

You know where I stand on this :P And I think you're wrong about 4 & 5 being universally thought of that way. My read on the fandom (which I am obviously a very active member in if this is how hard I post on a hockey board about the books) is that most people would tell you that 5 is their favorite. Closely followed by the people who hold 3 as their favorite. Of course, in those parts most people probably have at least 1 reread under their belt. I think 2 is my favorite, but it's hard to say because I love them all.

Look, it's nobody's fault but your own that you like book Stannis so much. It's like Enroth being your favorite player then getting mad when he's not good enough to start. Hi JJ :nana:

As to the quality of the books, the sense I get is that 2/3 > 1 > 5 > 4 with clear cut points between 2/3 and the field, then between 1/5 and 4. I'm pretty confident that you liking 5 so much places you firmly in the minority. Not a minority of zero, but still a minority. For me, I put 5 closer in quality to 4 than to 1, but I also don't think quite as lowly of 4 as the general consensus seems to be (this might be a function of expectations though as I had heard so many bad things about it, it manages to exceed what I expected). The blog on Dance you sent me to awhile back saved that book for me (although I do think a few points argued were significant reaches), as I really didn't care for it upon initial reading. To each their own, I suppose.

I eagerly await your response so we can continue to argue about whose preferences are better :p

I predict that Arya will pretend to be a worker at the brothel to get close enough to kill Trant, or she'll sell him oysters and use the poison meant for the Thin Man. And once Davos finds out about Stannis killing his daughter, he'll kill Stannis.

Eh I don't think so. I haven't heard any of you talk about one major event yet. 

Is it the Fete that everyone freaking character is going to?  I me damn, Anomander Rake in the same room with the Adjunct and sh!#.... bought to get crazy.  

Is it the Fete that everyone freaking character is going to?  I me damn, Anomander Rake in the same room with the Adjunct and sh!#.... bought to get crazy.  

Ah man, I love that party scene! You're in for a wild ride and some really kickass lines from Rake. 

I think that Melisandre's return to Castle Black is going to prove to be very fortuitous.

I'm hoping that WoW is actually completed by the end of the year. I think that this will light an even bigger fire under GRRM.

Edited by Tony P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.