Is Darcy a Weasel?

Stormin Norman

IMO Darcy accomodates Pegs whenever he decides to play fantasy hockey with the Sabres, and wants to "discuss" hockey operations with DR. That along with the "suffering rebuild" should keep DR safe for at least 3 years...maybe more.

100% WEASEL, and founding member of the Secret Society of Weasels.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really missed out on a lot by being so young. I can't imagine being in the shoes of anyone who read that article as an adult in 1997. I'd have wanted Darcy fired right then, and then suffered in wait for 16 years.

He just sounds like a backstabbing scumbag, from that article. Sneaky and not to be trusted.

I didn't see anything weaselly in that article (and I've been calling for DR to get canned since early in 2011)

This line here really gets to me:

"Regier went on to say that there is a great deal of healing that needs to be done within the organization."

An organization that was experiencing success with a coach that players, ownership and fans respected. Darcy Regier decided he was the guy who was going to "heal" the Sabres, like some kind of self absorbed messiah. For a guy with no GM history at that time he sure seemed to think pretty highly of himself.

That article points out, IMHO, that Regier was a yes-man from the get go. No way, at that time, did he have any reason to do any of that and there was little to "heal" unless, of course, you were looking at the situation from the viewpoint of upper management.

That article points out, IMHO, that Regier was a yes-man from the get go. No way, at that time, did he have any reason to do any of that and there was little to "heal" unless, of course, you were looking at the situation from the viewpoint of upper management.

There was definitely somethin' weird going on at that time. Ted Nolan is "Coach of the Year" and gets fired (or not renewed). Muckler is The Sporting News "Sport's Exec of the Year" and get's fired. I'm wondering if someone wanted to save some money.

There was definitely somethin' weird going on at that time. Ted Nolan is "Coach of the Year" and gets fired (or not renewed). Muckler is The Sporting News "Sport's Exec of the Year" and get's fired. I'm wondering if someone wanted to save some money.

Sounds like it. Also the hockey gods immediately condemned us. Skate in crease. Haskell leaving. Peca. Defensive injuries in game 7. The owners being crooks. Black Friday. 7years of mediocrity. Hope with dr gone those demons are finally excised.

This line here really gets to me:

"Regier went on to say that there is a great deal of healing that needs to be done within the organization."

An organization that was experiencing success with a coach that players, ownership and fans respected. Darcy Regier decided he was the guy who was going to "heal" the Sabres, like some kind of self absorbed messiah. For a guy with no GM history at that time he sure seemed to think pretty highly of himself.

Hindsight is 20/20.. During that time, the team owners were dying/died, Hasek had given up on the coach, coach either slept with hasek's wife and/or muckler's wife, coach was a drunk, new GM entered a situation where it was either the award winning coach or all time goalie to leave, etc. There truly WAS a lot of crap going on back then. The reality is that Muckler should have never been fired and Nolan should have been more mature. Either way, this team has been washed anew. I'm more concerned about whats next than what's in the past. With that said, you really missed some fun, tumultuous times as a fan back in the mid to late 90's!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.