What if Vanek were Captain?

I am Defecting

Captain does matter. Lindy said it himself to what's his name (coach of Ottawa) a few years ago. From the outside Pommers is not tough enough. Not to opposing teams and not when representing the players in meetings with coaching staff.

I'd take 26 over 29 but agree he doesn't seem the type. Foligno next year. It'll be here quick.

Off topic, but there have been 79 players in NHL history to eclipse 1000pts.

Vanek has 472 career pts. 500 this year, idk, but, I do know that he just turned 29.

Seven full seasons till he is 36. To reach 1000, at 36, he would have to average 72 pts per season. To reach 1000, at 37, he would need 62.5pps. At 38, 56 points per season would see him eclipse 1000 career pts. Any prognosticators?

I forgot players were allowed to do that until he blocked those 2 shots on Sunday, its something I missed since McKee was on the ice doing it for them. It seems like guys don't want to get infront of shots and block them anymore.

let em guess, Lindy coached it out of these guys, his system won't allow it?

Buffalo is currently 7th in blocked shots.

Its weird, but until Kaleta this weekend, I just never seem to recall seeing them do it much (Sliding down to block the shot, not just letting shots hit them while standing in the way)

Most blocked shots are not all that noticeable really. We haven't had many spectacular blocked shots - we prefer to make sure Miller can see the shot from the point and let him take it, rather than risk injury

Most blocked shots are not all that noticeable really. We haven't had many spectacular blocked shots - we prefer to make sure Miller can see the shot from the point and let him take it, rather than risk injury

Are you sure about that? Most of the goals that have gone in this year by him are usually ones that hes being screened on for most of the shot. I would say their idea of blocking shots recently have been to stand in front of the goalie and at the last minute try to get out of the way so the goalie can see it go past them............

Watch Toews after the hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNxZaYKD7z4

that is what you ###### captain should be doing. this team lacks character, heart, emotion.

Thanks for sharing, LG. It's no accident Chicago is number 1 - there are a number of factors and this is one of them.

I watched a Blackhawks game this weekend - they're everything the Sabres aren't - aggressive, going to the opponents zone.... great skating, efficient puck handling. They don't waste time on finesse, and saunter around in their own zone like Lindy Ruff's teams do.

Thanks for sharing, LG. It's no accident Chicago is number 1 - there are a number of factors and this is one of them.

I watched a Blackhawks game this weekend - they're everything the Sabres aren't - aggressive, going to the opponents zone.... great skating, efficient puck handling. They don't waste time on finesse, and saunter around in their own zone like Lindy Ruff's teams do.

They are also super-confident. It is unfair to compare a team on a record breaking role to a bottom feeder

Pommenville is not captain material. I bet in their B.S. closed door players meeting that he probably had the same tone of voice as he did speaking with the media last night.

His statement that he was hopeful that the message got through really just pissed me off more than the game itself. If he was'nt in there breaking sticks against the wall after that gutless, pathetic performance, then he did'nt say schitt.

except for the goal last night, he's been playing with his head up his arse for the last 5-6 games

Show me one time this year the team has backed off sticking up for their teammates.

The correct question is show me one time this year Pominville has initiated a scrum after a questionable play. I know it is not his style and I get that. I like Pominville, but this team needs more. They need more on the ice and off the ice from their vets.

The correct question is show me one time this year Pominville has initiated a scrum after a questionable play. I know it is not his style and I get that. I like Pominville, but this team needs more. They need more on the ice and off the ice from their vets.

So that he can get his ass kicked? It's not his game. That's asking Pominville to do something he literally can't do.

No, chz had the correct question. There are other guys doing that job.

So that he can get his ass kicked? It's not his game. That's asking Pominville to do something he literally can't do.

That's why Zetterberg, Crosby, LeCavalier, and Sedin are such horrible captains. They can't fight, they don't fight, and their teams must suck, right?

Archived