Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

• 3 weeks later...

NBC should probably change their name to MBC... the Manchester Broadcasting Company. I like that they picked up the premier league, but they seem to assume the entire USA wants to see every Man U and Man City game.

Agreed, other teams are playing more exciting football at the present time.

The Bosnian men's football teams WC qualification really has very little to do with football.

The following is a quote that best sums it up ...

"They have no idea what they have done to the people here," wept unemployed Mr Salih Redzic, 52. "We all need some 'Brazil'. It's not even about soccer any more. It's about this feeling many of us have almost forgotten and the younger ones have never experienced. The feeling of success," he said.

Unless you are from there, or have spent considerable time there (as we have during and since the war) and have gotten to know the people very well the quote above may very well be lost on you. I hope you get the idea.

The Bosnian men's football teams WC qualification really has very little to do with football.

The following is a quote that best sums it up ...

"They have no idea what they have done to the people here," wept unemployed Mr Salih Redzic, 52. "We all need some 'Brazil'. It's not even about soccer any more. It's about this feeling many of us have almost forgotten and the younger ones have never experienced. The feeling of success," he said.

Unless you are from there, or have spent considerable time there (as we have during and since the war) and have gotten to know the people very well the quote above may very well be lost on you. I hope you get the idea.

Yeah, well, they might want to forget football for a little while and focus on basic geography: http://www.insideworldsoccer.com/2013/10/bosnia-fans-wanted-go-lithuania-ended-up-latvia.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blatter must be loving the politicians in Brazil then. Lots of beautiful corruption for the beautiful game but we cannot let that distract from the awesomeness of the World Cup! They are forcibly removing people from their homes all over the country for development but those are only poor people living on government land so whatevaaaa.....(not whatever, but what can you do, boycott, psshh).

Anyways, anyone going? I won't be attending any games, although its a chance of a lifetime to visit some new regions but maybe in another lifetime. For the record, I'm from a growing city in the interior of São Paulo....never been to Rio or to the festive Carnaval, that's for tourists or people who drink and dance in the nude (oops).

Hope everyone doesn't get sick of batucada, though it's hard to do so since it's the best sound in the world. By the time the World Cup is over, everyone will have professional hand drums.

Of course I'd like to see Brazil win but Bosnia made it in for the first time ever so show some love for the war-torn country of the 90's.

Edited by Monkeygirl

Hey there girl,

Brazil has it's issues, no doubt.

Bosna i Hercegovina will make it through at least to the knock-out stage, unless, of course, Blatter and his equally corrupt head of UEFA (Platini - who I think is being groomed to be the next Godfather of FIFA) screw them out of it.

Too early to start a WC2014 thread?

GO BiH!!

To be honest France just isn't a good team, they could loose to Switzerland and Belgium easy.

Last friendly we played versus France ended 0 - 0 , but they got dominated all the way.

As for us, give me Algeria, Iran and Greece please :D

But with our luck it will and up being Portugal, japan and Ivory coast.

Certainly are some weeker teams you can draw, but its not like any of them will be walkovers.