Round one Pick #14. Girgensons

spndnchz

I was wondering this myself. The national language of Latvia is Latvian, but I don't think that is the conversational language that most people there use (anyone know?)... so I assume he knows Russian (?)... If so that'd be great.

Yes, he knows Russian. It's like Canadians and English.

That issue of moving centers to the wing sure is a fun one to think about. That's exactly the position this team needs to be in. Instead of having a Jochen Hecht as your fill in center, have an actual center in that role.

Yeah, it's been a long while since they were sliding excess centers to the wing. Having too many centers is an even nicer problem to have than having too many D. It would be nice to see some of these kids pan out so they have that problem.

Yeah, it's been a long while since they were sliding excess centers to the wing. Having too many centers is an even nicer problem to have than having too many D. It would be nice to see some of these kids pan out so they have that problem.

I would rather too many D than too many C but I get your point.

Yes, he knows Russian. It's like Canadians and English.

The two languages are not that close to one another, actually. And, Latvians are anti-Russian for obvious reasons. But many of them know Russian, yet it is never spoken in public in Latvia (unless you are Russian)...

The two languages are not that close to one another, actually. And, Latvians are anti-Russian for obvious reasons. But many of them know Russian, yet it is never spoken in public in Latvia (unless you are Russian)...

It was a joke.

Personally, I want too much of everything, but I'll take what I can get.

That said, we still need to add at least one, or two if we move Roy. Get to the point where they have to shuffle guys around like that right now. And by the way, I'm assuming Grigorenko makes the jump this year when I say this.

And it should be interesting to see if Girgensons does wind up going to Vermont. I'll actually have to check them out. It depresses me a bit though as Vermont has to be the most boring program out here. I absolutely hate their style.

Personally, I want too much of everything, but I'll take what I can get.

That said, we still need to add at least one, or two if we move Roy. Get to the point where they have to shuffle guys around like that right now. And by the way, I'm assuming Grigorenko makes the jump this year when I say this.

And it should be interesting to see if Girgensons does wind up going to Vermont. I'll actually have to check them out. It depresses me a bit though as Vermont has to be the most boring program out here. I absolutely hate their style.

They're always stoned, listening to Phish, and eating ice cream. That's no way to play hockey.

I was wondering this myself. The national language of Latvia is Latvian, but I don't think that is the conversational language that most people there use (anyone know?)... so I assume he knows Russian (?)... If so that'd be great.

I'll ask my GF when she's home from work. But I think Latvian is prettty distinct from Russian, and they speak Latvian exclusively in their country. Riga is a pretty big city, though, lots of people from all over the place there...

So, Gaustad and a second for Girgensons. Not bad.

and that second was only moving two spots I believe.

Still need some current roster changes but a good night for the future Sabres.

Indeed. If you want to trace it further back, it was Gaustad and Butler for Regehr, Kotalik's contract, and Girgensons.

Not until he gets his head out of his bippy. You don't sell AFTER you've watched the market go down for a month or 2.

Thing is, it will be difficult for him to bring his game up to the standards required to compare him to NHL competition. Looks to me like he'll play in the preseason and in Rochester after that. That's my opinion, hopefully I'm wrong.

Archived