USA Hockey All American Prospects Game in B-lo Sept 29th

nobody

Will be interesting to find out what it is.

Kudos to Pegula and Black for what ever it will be.

Nicholas Mendola@NicholasMendola

#Sabres and #USAHockey with a press conference slated for tomorrow regarding a "significant" Fall event.

Events for #USAHockey in Fall last yr: U17/U18 National Team Development Games (Oct, Nov), Sled Hockey Classic (Nov). Uned guess: the latter

Maybe Prospects game:

http://blogs.buffalo...pects-game.html

Will be interesting to find out what it is.

Kudos to Pegula and Black for what ever it will be.

Nicholas Mendola@NicholasMendola

#Sabres and #USAHockey with a press conference slated for tomorrow regarding a "significant" Fall event.

Events for #USAHockey in Fall last yr: U17/U18 National Team Development Games (Oct, Nov), Sled Hockey Classic (Nov). Uned guess: the latter

Maybe Prospects game:

http://blogs.buffalo...pects-game.html

Prospects game would be sweet.

It would be great if the area was more involved in USA hockey.

Amherst hosts the USA Nationals with great regularity at all levels since they built their 4 rink facility. Probably more than any venue in the country. The Sabres have never been involved to my knowledge. Amherst also hosts many state tournaments, leading to Nationals.. Sabres never got involved with the Junior programs until Playfair and others in the alumni had kids at that level. Can't blame them, but don't heap too much praise.

Anything to help us forget the sabres.Maybe not, the sabres played like 17 and 18 year olds most of the season. Darcy please do not attend.

Alright, own up, who posted that. It freekin' killed me.

PS, I don't genuinely think it's hugely likely to be any of you that posted it, incase anybody has a sense of humor failure.

USA Hockey All American Prospects Game. 40 players from college, juniors. One game.

September 29th.

USA Hockey operations and NHL Central Scouting will choose players. No tryouts.

Sounds cool. I assume playing the game at the F' n C?

Yes. Seems like those new locker rooms are good for something aye?

It would seem so. Unrelated note/hijack - are the Sabres doing another draft party/carnival thing this year?

It would seem so. Unrelated note/hijack - are the Sabres doing another draft party/carnival thing this year?

I hope so; I want to see Ruff in sizzlemeister's clown get-up.

I'm putting 9/29 in my calendar right now.

I could see the timing causing trouble. The college kids are back in school and are about to gear up for the start of the season. The junior kids are in that same phase about to get ready for their seasons. I bet you get a fair share of no shows, especially anyone out in the western half of the continent.

I could see the timing causing trouble. The college kids are back in school and are about to gear up for the start of the season. The junior kids are in that same phase about to get ready for their seasons. I bet you get a fair share of no shows, especially anyone out in the western half of the continent.

USA Hockey said they'd only be gone between 48 and 72 hours. What's more important to these guys? Being seen by a bunch of scouts or playing/practicing for a college game?

USA Hockey said they'd only be gone between 48 and 72 hours. What's more important to these guys? Being seen by a bunch of scouts or playing/practicing for a college game?

They'll be seen by scouts plenty of times and in games that will be far more active than what will probably have an all star game type feel to it. I'm not so sure you'll be able to convince a guy from Denver to pay his way to this game. It will vary from year to year and location to location, but I can see guys passing on it.

I wonder how well they'll be able to pull in certain kids for this game. Depending on where they're playing and which leagues, will they want to make the trip for this game.

I think they will get the response from players. The nice thing is that they can kill two birds with one stone.....intro to Team USA for many of them, and a scouting look.

I wonder if it will affect invites for World Juniors.

I think they will get the response from players. The nice thing is that they can kill two birds with one stone.....intro to Team USA for many of them, and a scouting look.

I wonder if it will affect invites for World Juniors.

I guess we'll have to wait and see who the coaches wind up being, but it should definitely wind up being a tryout of some sort. The countries usually put out their invites for the world junior preliminary roster in what, November? It can't picture it not having some impact on the minds of the world junior decision makers.

The kids who were already drafted won't be involved though, so you will be missing a decent chunk of the world junior roster.

Archived