Has your opinion of Darcy changed?

fiftyone

I'm sure a couple of the posters here can get it straight from Darcy over a Mich Ultra

DR's not a low carb no taste guy.

I hate it when you disagree with me and decide it's because I don't understand complexities of the game or management. I am pretty sure we could have gotten rid of Derek Roy AND Drew Stafford and called this what alot of us wanted to call it, a real rebuild. Darcy didn't get rid of who I or many other wanted gone, so yeah, it's disappointing. But I'm not mad about getting Hodgson, not at all. I'm mad that you and some others seem to want to tear me and my posts apart when I'm not attacking anyone personally and have refrauined from doing so since I started posting again. THAT does make me mad, yeah.

FWIW, there were plenty of offers for Derek Roy. None of which would have made this board or any fan happy. After you get a first round pick for Goose do you think that we'd be happy with a first and a bad prospect for Roy? I didn't think so. Overpriced? He's friggin' 4 MILLION PEOPLE. Hodgson is part of the new core. Remember 'multiple' cups? Sabres needed goal scoring center, HELLO? This guys got vision, hockey sense, and a mean shot. I'd expect him and Foligno next year on the same line (for at least a shift or two) (insert LR pun).

Kassian ran his course here for whatever reason. Doesn't matter much now does it? Many MANY players have made the NHL and fizzled or needed a change of scenery. He was the best player taken in the draft at the time and also got us a 1st round #10 pick in Hodgson.

As far as my opinion of DR, he's just added 5 months to his time here IMO.

FWIW, there were plenty of offers for Derek Roy. None of which would have made this board or any fan happy. After you get a first round pick for Goose do you think that we'd be happy with a first and a bad prospect for Roy? I didn't think so. Overpriced? He's friggin' 4 MILLION PEOPLE. Hodgson is part of the new core. Remember 'multiple' cups? Sabres needed goal scoring center, HELLO? This guys got vision, hockey sense, and a mean shot. I'd expect him and Foligno next year on the same line (for at least a shift or two) (insert LR pun).

Kassian ran his course here for whatever reason. Doesn't matter much now does it? Many MANY players have made the NHL and fizzled or needed a change of scenery. He was the best player taken in the draft at the time and also got us a 1st round #10 pick in Hodgson.

I always knew that Derek Roy was slutty, but I had no idea it was this bad...

All of this.

Nucks didn't need/want Roy.

Have to say I'm soooo tired right now. Maybe some more talk tomorrow. Crazy day.

The point is that I would have taken anyone's #1 for Roy. I'm not sure if you meant that was offered today.

The point is that I would have taken anyone's #1 for Roy. I'm not sure if you meant that was offered today.

Yep....she's saying that someone offered a #1 and a low level prospect for him, but that nobody here would be happy with it because we would compare it to Gaustad's return and want more.

She is confusing us with Darcy

Yep....she's saying that someone offered a #1 and a low level prospect for him, but that nobody here would be happy with it because we would compare it to Gaustad's return and want more.

So you would have taken Pyatt and a first rounder for Roy? And left with what for the off season and next year, Adam, Hodgson and Ennis? Bottom 15 teams aren't the one's offering a 1st rd pick.

Another first and a throw-away player to get rid of Roy? That would have been absolutely fine with me.

So you would have taken Pyatt and a first rounder for Roy? And left with what for the off season and next year, Adam, Hodgson and Ennis? Bottom 15 teams aren't the one's offering a 1st rd pick.

The only thing that would have made me pause would be if we had to take long term salary back, unless we could bury that in Rochester.

Do you think it's completely out of the realm of possibility at this point? Something's clearly different around here, I'm just not sure how different it is yet.

You know in the movies where the boyfriend cheats on his girl but then goes out and does something ridiculously romantic to make it up to her so she slaps him and hugs him? This feels kinda like that. Just with less love lol.

That jibe would work if Darcy hadn't have actually come through on Goose yesterday. Also we can be patient with Roy, we have no actual need to trade him. I still believe we lack a veteran, no quit, never say die presense up front but we're much better today imho.

Do you mean both for Roy or is the 1st for Kassian and the bad prospect for Roy?

Florida and Chicago were the only real homes for him and it was clear Florida wasn't going to do much.

Another first and a throw-away player to get rid of Roy? That would have been absolutely fine with me.

Me too.

The Sabres need to clear cap space and remake their top 6. DR's moves yesterday were good moves but they didn't go far enough towards accomplishing that goal. Unloading Roy, Stafford and Leopold would have cleared $11MM in cap space, unloaded 2 career underachievers, opened 2 spots in the top 6, opened 2 spots in the "leadership group", sent a clear message to the team that this year's "effort" has been unacceptable, brought back more good draft picks that could have been used this summer to acquire other assets, and made room for McNabb next year.

I will admit that I can see Roy delivering a good year next year in his contract year. But he still should have been sent packing yesterday.

He should plug right in between Vanek and Pominville — two talents that seem perfectly suited to unlocking his skill set. And who knows? He may flourish.

Just like the Big Zack Kassian of our dreams may flourish riding shotgun with the Sedin twins and putting that punk Marchand’s ugly nose through the back of his head in this year’s Stanley Cup final.

If he ever get to play between them and is successful, Lindy will break the line up. :P

Me too.

The Sabres need to clear cap space and remake their top 6. DR's moves yesterday were good moves but they didn't go far enough towards accomplishing that goal. Unloading Roy, Stafford and Leopold would have cleared $11MM in cap space, unloaded 2 career underachievers, opened 2 spots in the top 6, opened 2 spots in the "leadership group", sent a clear message to the team that this year's "effort" has been unacceptable, brought back more good draft picks that could have been used this summer to acquire other assets, and made room for McNabb next year.

I will admit that I can see Roy delivering a good year next year in his contract year. But he still should have been sent packing yesterday.

Question: Would you be happy with Stafford if he changes into a grit type player with less of a scoring touch? He seemed to play that role early on and do it well, but since his tried to find his scoring touch neither game has worked.

Archived