Kassian to Vancouver for Hodgson

shrader

I'm confused as to why this is popping up at all. You have to give up something good to get something good. You both know that, so why say that you wished it would have been our garbage? Everyone wishes that.

They like to jump on people before the deadline for making impossible trades but then when the actual trade happens they come in the thread discussing a real trade to discuss a dumb hypothetical that didnt happen. Obviously we would like to give up our underachieving overpaid crud for a promising overachieving rookie center that we desperately need.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm confused as to why this is popping up at all. You have to give up something good to get something good. You both know that, so why say that you wished it would have been our garbage? Everyone wishes that.

Well....those 4 players equal 25% of the salary cap.......so maybe it isn't such a stretch to question a recent deal from the same GM that signed all...that.....GARBAGE?

And if that is garbage....what is Hecht and Boyes at another $7 million and change? Over 1/3 of your current roster is Garbage in that case.

• Like (+1) 1

Well....those 4 players equal 25% of the salary cap.......so maybe it isn't such a stretch to question a recent deal from the same GM that signed all...that.....GARBAGE?

And if that is garbage....what is Hecht and Boyes at another $7 million and change? Over 1/3 of your current roster is Garbage in that case.

yeah but that garbage wouldnt get the deal done so it is pointless to bring up there is a fire darcy thread this isnt what we are talking about here

• Like (+1) 1

Agreed. Kinda weird to have a player with the nickname containing the word "Ho" in it. But those vancouver folks, all hopped up on that weed, you know... :ph34r:

Wonder if the players will go with hodsie, hodder, codes, "g" (my fav but unlikely), or something else...

Paul Bissonnette asked Kassian to fight tonight.

Kassian declined.

Do with that what you will.

I think a Sabre is going to be destroyed Saturday. I'm not saying this to be a smartass. Vancouver is eating up Kassian and loving it. There is pressure on him, and he will send the home fans bonkers if he does his thing against Buffalo. Hodgson needs to keep his head up. I really can't see anyone on the Sabres fighting him but Weber or Regehr. He probably knows Kaleta will try and draw a penalty. He's going to go with someone.....and if it's Kaleta....he's going to slaughter him.

It's funny reading the Vancouver board. They are a lot like here....they have Kassian on the Sedin line after tonight.

It's funny reading the Vancouver board. They are a lot like here....they have Kassian on the Sedin line after tonight.

The one thing I noticed is that many of them are willing to be patient with him. He had a nice scoring opportunity last night after stealing the puck, he led a nice give and go, but failed to get the puck up over the Goalie. I think he'll do better out in Vancouver than he would of done here under Lindy. Anyway I wish him luck.

• Like (+1) 1

Considering Pierre McGuire was stating in the early afternoon that he'd gotten a text from a GM stating 'another GM is asking for a 1st rounder for a player, I won't name his name, that's a UFA and is basically a 3rd/4th liner' (that was paraphrased, but very close to what he actually said) I'd guess that the leaker was the GM that had waffled a few times on whether to bite on the deal or not. As it was abundantly clear at the time McGuire made the statement that the player HAD to be Gaustad.

Missed that. Thanks Tsujimoto, you are always in the know.

Paul Bissonnette asked Kassian to fight tonight.

Kassian declined.

Do with that what you will.

It was either a 1-0 game or tied at that point. Not sure he wants to fight and possibly put his team down. Wait till they are beating the sabres 5-1 on saturday night and he'll dance.

Edited by bunomatic

It was either a 1-0 game or tied at that point. Not sure he wants to fight and possibly put his team down. Wait till they are beating the sabres 5-1 on saturday night and he'll pick a partner.

When has he ever "picked a partner" for the sake of picking a partner?

I changed my wording for you scott. Maybe he doesn't like dancing ,I don't know? I can change that wording too if its not to your satisfaction. :P

I don't feel like digging up the post I'm replying to, but this is in regards to the criticisms of Kassian that have occurred since the trading deadline and why they are coming out now....

People are letting their critical observations of Kassian be known because there is no longer any rationale for them to "wait and see". We no longer have a vested interest in what he does. Everyone is free to give their postmortem thoughts on his time here because when else are we going to do it? There was no event, no timetable, no incentive for people to join in conversation en masse and give their final thoughts on the kid until now.

So no, it isn't that there is a need to come down on him because he's gone - it is just that now is the time to post your "snapshot in time" thoughts of where he was with the Sabres. The fact that I hear Rob Ray saying there have been a lot of organization rumblings about Kassian and his time with the Sabres and in Rochester carries a lot of weight. He also said yesterday they were quietly shopping him since December. This all amounts to Kassian's performance evaluation to date. And while we were all willing to see what he matured into, we no longer have to wait. We no longer have to hope. We no longer have to dismiss any troubling signs. We can just post what we saw and move on...

I don't feel like digging up the post I'm replying to, but this is in regards to the criticisms of Kassian that have occurred since the trading deadline and why they are coming out now....

People are letting their critical observations of Kassian be known because there is no longer any rationale for them to "wait and see". We no longer have a vested interest in what he does. Everyone is free to give their postmortem thoughts on his time here because when else are we going to do it? There was no event, no timetable, no incentive for people to join in conversation en masse and give their final thoughts on the kid until now.

So no, it isn't that there is a need to come down on him because he's gone - it is just that now is the time to post your "snapshot in time" thoughts of where he was with the Sabres. The fact that I hear Rob Ray saying there have been a lot of organization rumblings about Kassian and his time with the Sabres and in Rochester carries a lot of weight. He also said yesterday they were quietly shopping him since December. This all amounts to Kassian's performance evaluation to date. And while we were all willing to see what he matured into, we no longer have to wait. We no longer have to hope. We no longer have to dismiss any troubling signs. We can just post what we saw and move on...

Great post. Youre right, we didnt see much, he obviously has potential but whether he reaches it remains to be seen.