Lindy Ruff vs. James Patrick

JJFIVEOH

Ford-Mondale-Bush-Quayle-Gore-Cheney-Biden

I would look at Patrick as Walter Mondale. If he was forced to take over for Jimmy Carter, could things really get any worse?

You're a bad man. I don't know if Ruff is the equivalent to Carter. What proof do you have? Link?

Lindy would do what he did against Billy Smith, nothing.

You've cited this before as a reason to question Ruff's "toughness" and it gets more ridiculous every time you do. Considering Ruff was injured when Smith poked him in the eye and was clearly in agony, I think his response to Smith was just fine. Or do you have direct experience in fighing a fully padded goalie after said goalie just poked you in the eye with his stick? If so, please enlighten us all as to the appropriate response.

You never mention the several dozen OTHER fights he was in over the course of his career. I wonder why that is. And while nobody will ever confuse Lindy with being a skilled pugilist out on the ice, he never backed down from anyone and was more that willing to mix it up to get the team going as well.

I suspect you didn't see very much of Lindy Ruff in his playing career because if you did you would know better than to question what he brought to the ice each night.

GO SABRES!!!

Could be one way to get rid of Marcy Darcy, promote Lindy and make Patrick the bench coach??? :P

Ford-Mondale-Bush-Quayle-Gore-Cheney-Biden

I would look at Patrick as Walter Mondale. If he was forced to take over for Jimmy Carter, could things really get any worse?

Yes, Bush II, though Lindy could kick Carter's but and he has lasted a lot longer.

You've cited this before as a reason to question Ruff's "toughness" and it gets more ridiculous every time you do. Considering Ruff was injured when Smith poked him in the eye and was clearly in agony, I think his response to Smith was just fine. Or do you have direct experience in fighing a fully padded goalie after said goalie just poked you in the eye with his stick? If so, please enlighten us all as to the appropriate response.

You never mention the several dozen OTHER fights he was in over the course of his career. I wonder why that is. And while nobody will ever confuse Lindy with being a skilled pugilist out on the ice, he never backed down from anyone and was more that willing to mix it up to get the team going as well.

I suspect you didn't see very much of Lindy Ruff in his playing career because if you did you would know better than to question what he brought to the ice each night.

GO SABRES!!!

The Lindy Ruff/Billy Smith incident is one of the great myths in Sabres hockey. There are a great number of fans who actually think a fight took place. Like it or not, the Billy Smith fight is Lindy's signature fight and he never threw a punch.

The whole "Lindy Ruff was a tough player" is so overstated it's ridiculous. He played in an extremely physical error of hockey and never amassed more than 200 pims. He wasn't a Gerry Meehan, he was a Bob Probert either.

The Lindy Ruff/Billy Smith incident is one of the great myths in Sabres hockey. There are a great number of fans who actually think a fight took place. Like it or not, the Billy Smith fight is Lindy's signature fight and he never threw a punch.

The whole "Lindy Ruff was a tough player" is so overstated it's ridiculous. He played in an extremely physical error of hockey and never amassed more than 200 pims. He wasn't a Gerry Meehan, he was a Bob Probert either.

Bob Probert for coach then?

Are they in Tokyo, the Jungle or a neutral site?

To give Tarzan a fighting chance you would have to have tall buildings so I vote for Tokyo, plus he could summon all the rats and if nothing else they both would die. Godzilla from disease and being knawed to death. What would constitute a neutral site??? The desert?

Also, Tarzan might tame Godzilla and make this all irrelevant like this discussion: :P

To give Tarzan a fighting chance you would have to have tall buildings so I vote for Tokyo, plus he could summon all the rats and if nothing else they both would die. Godzilla from disease and being knawed to death. What would constitute a neutral site??? The desert?

Also, Tarzan might tame Godzilla and make this all irrelevant like this discussion: :P

Does Tarzan have same the powers over mammals as Aquaman has over fish?

Archived