Lindy Ruff vs. James Patrick

JJFIVEOH

I remember when everyone jumped off the deep end when he punched that guy out in a bar (or however the story went) and it seemed as though most of the fan base was ready to give up on him because he was immature and couldn't control his anger....

I miss that guy.

PS - Lindy's fault.

Maybe he will still become that guy in a few years, with a different coach and/or once he becomes more comfortable with the NHL.

Maybe he will still become that guy in a few years, with a different coach and/or once he becomes more comfortable with the NHL.

I was joking about it being Lindy's fault.

I actually found it ironic that the same fan base blaming Lindy for "pussifying" this team and demanding more physical play wanting Kassian to calm down, although I did understand the immaturity concerns.

I think there's a fine line between physical play and carelesness. We're all witnesses to Kaleta's play evolving to better suite the NHL's expectations. I truly hope Kassian can find that thin line and excel there.

Maybe you're right, maybe he's trying to ease into the NHL and not push his luck. I'm just not sure that's the way you crack an NHL roster. But, who knows what conversations Ruff and Kassian have had...

Archived