Lindy Ruff vs. James Patrick

JJFIVEOH

Not sure about power, but I remember him being their friend and being able to talk to them. They came a running whenever he called so very similar to Aquaman.

I was wondering if he were to do the Tarzan yell if Godzilla would fall under his control. You would think Tarzan would at least be able to call King Kong being a jungle ape.

I was wondering if he were to do the Tarzan yell if Godzilla would fall under his control. You would think Tarzan would at least be able to call King Kong being a jungle ape.

Definetly, but not control, he would become King Kong's friend and Kong would back Tarzan up. Now that would be a fight! Who do you think would win: :huh: :unsure: :w00t:

I just like how Ruff talks about the view he gets from the booth as if he never knew you could get an actually useful perspective from there.

Yea. Heard that on the post game wedn. too. Makes you wonder if he ever paid attention to what he heard from the guys up there.

Yea. Heard that on the post game wedn. too. Makes you wonder if he ever paid attention to what he heard from the guys up there.

I laughed when he said, "Now I see why you guys (media) are so critical!" meaning that the game is so much slower when you watch it from up there, and you can see more of the game. I think it will make him a better coach having spent this time up there!

Does Regier have the vision for what we need? I loved the 2006 game and we were built for it in my opinion. Seems as if Darcy realizes it, but he came late to the party. I'm counting on Kassian, McNabb, and Foligno. Can Patrick coach our d to be nasty? I was down there last night and I'd like to see Myers be nastier. I'm old enough to remember when d didn't mature until 3-5 yrs in the league. Campbell was an exsmple. What do you think?

Myers came back from his injury and was hitting people like a mad man. It really adds to his game when he does that, I think. And I dunno if any coach is going to make guys who shy away from rough stuff change into guys who relish it. But he can certainly get the GM to get rid of them if he feels strongly enough about that style of play that he does not tolerate sheepish play. Is that Patrick? Beats me. It ain't Lindy. As much as I LOVE Lindy's rapport and his demeanor in pressers, he likes the flash more than the bang that's clear by now.

Yea. You bring the nasty to the NHL. You can't coach it. We have talent. WE need several tweaks, mostly on the size and nasty side. I firmly believe you have to draft power forwards. GM's don't give them up, as they are a rare commodity. That's why I cringe when I hear WGR mention Kassian or Foligno in trade talks. I want to see if they can play first. That is what we desperately need. And, iof course a number one center. Again, u will usually need to draft them.

Yea. You bring the nasty to the NHL. You can't coach it. We have talent. WE need several tweaks, mostly on the size and nasty side. I firmly believe you have to draft power forwards. GM's don't give them up, as they are a rare commodity. That's why I cringe when I hear WGR mention Kassian or Foligno in trade talks. I want to see if they can play first. That is what we desperately need. And, iof course a number one center. Again, u will usually need to draft them.

Which is why this current "hot streak" is nothing more than de ja vu. Middle of the draft pack, here we come. Dangit!!

I briught this up several times before. Kassian is a big player that plays small. He is good with the puck. Good at proteating it. He is not a hitting machine. He does not play tough. He got this rap because he is big and has made some real stupid plays. I've seen him play nearly 20 times in the OHL, watched him in the World Juniors and elsewhere, I just can not figure out why Sabres fans think this guy is the answer to their toughness problem.

I briught this up several times before. Kassian is a big player that plays small. He is good with the puck. Good at proteating it. He is not a hitting machine. He does not play tough. He got this rap because he is big and has made some real stupid plays. I've seen him play nearly 20 times in the OHL, watched him in the World Juniors and elsewhere, I just can not figure out why Sabres fans think this guy is the answer to their toughness problem.

I'll admit it. It's because that's what a whole lot of people were saying and I hadn't seen him play. But I'm with the Shackster. He doesn't get knocked down and that is a big plus on this roster.

I briught this up several times before. Kassian is a big player that plays small. He is good with the puck. Good at proteating it. He is not a hitting machine. He does not play tough. He got this rap because he is big and has madesome real stupid plays. I've seen him play

nearly 20 times in the OHL, watched him in the

World Juniors and elsewhere, I just can not

figure out why Sabres fans think this guy is the

answer to their toughness problem.

Wish you were posting here a year ago. Everyone had watched Kassian's YouTube clips and read the off ice stuff and we all assumed he was a lunatic on the verge of becoming unhinged. His play in the NHL and AHL definitely supports your opinion. I'm hoping he proves us wrong but I don't see it happening. Foligno on the other hand is definitely a hitter. He really nails guys (as an Amerk) and it looks like he's a natural at it much like McNabb. At least they provide hope.

Wish you were posting here a year ago. Everyone had watched Kassian's YouTube clips and read the off ice stuff and we all assumed he was a lunatic on the verge of becoming unhinged. His play in the NHL and AHL definitely supports your opinion. I'm hoping he proves us wrong but I don't see it happening. Foligno on the other hand is definitely a hitter. He really nails guys (as an Amerk) and it looks like he's a natural at it much like McNabb. At least they provide hope.

Yes on everything here. Especially the bolded - you're so correct and I wish he were a lunatic on the verge of becoming unhinged right now.

Yes on everything here. Especially the bolded - you're so correct and I wish he were a lunatic on the verge of becoming unhinged right now.

I remember when everyone jumped off the deep end when he punched that guy out in a bar (or however the story went) and it seemed as though most of the fan base was ready to give up on him because he was immature and couldn't control his anger....

I miss that guy.

PS - Lindy's fault.

Archived