Regier Looking to Deal: LeBrun

HopefulFuture

Why does this guy get more run than Eklund?

A team that is struggling, at the cap and probably won't make the playoffs is looking to trade their three most underachieving players.

Wow that is breaking news!

Anyway with Boyes contract expiring at the end of the season, he is really nothing more than a salary dump. Making it would be a good sign if he got traded for picks. Stafford and Roy to the right team might land a top six forward in Buffalo's line up, probably not the team he is coming from.

The player I would really watch for is Hecht. I bet there is a ton of contenders that would love to have him for the remainder of the year

He's not posting these reports under a fake name.

Because he actually has sources, he doesn't just post things anonymously on a blog that make sense without any real information to back it up.

I know LeBrun's info is league's above that on Hockeybuzz, I just can't stand how some obvious general comment is some sort of breaking news.

Finding teams willing to pick up $4mil+ contracts cannot be the easiest thing to do. How many teams that are looking for a long playoff run have that kind of space? If they are only going to be trading draft picks or prospects then they need to have cap space.

If they are swapping players with similar cash amounts then they are more likely not top playoff contenders - more likely retooling teams - so less probable to want underachievers on their teams.

Because Eklunds rumors look like this

"My super secret inside sources say Sabres GM Regier looking to make a deal" then some stupid rating system as to how confident he is in this "rumor" happening "E5"

Other "inside" guys rumors look like this

"Spoke to some other GMs, They say Sabres GM Regier is shopping Roy, Stafford and Boyes, and his price is a top 6 forward in return"

Eklund stays very candid about the details, other guys are more specific and don't attach "ratings" or levels to their "rumors"

Finding teams willing to pick up $4mil+ contracts cannot be the easiest thing to do. How many teams that are looking for a long playoff run have that kind of space? If they are only going to be trading draft picks or prospects then they need to have cap space.

If they are swapping players with similar cash amounts then they are more likely not top playoff contenders - more likely retooling teams - so less probable to want underachievers on their teams.

It's not much really at this point in the season.

Roy would be about $1,729,730 cap hit to a new team.

"My super secret inside sources say Sabres GM Regier looking to make a deal" then some stupid rating system as to how confident he is in this "rumor" happening "E5"

"Spoke to some other GMs, They say Sabres GM Regier is shopping Roy, Stafford and Boyes, and his price is a top 6 forward in return"

Eklund stays very candid about the details, other guys are more specific and don't attach "ratings" or levels to their "rumors"

I think your Ekland rumor just sank my battleship.

I think you meant not candid...... Eklund is as vague as it gets. Thats his schtick......get hockey fans with insatiable hunger for hockey rumors to blow up his page full of nonsense. Every wonder why he always has sabres rumors yet Darcy hardly ever deals?

Not necessarily, if they are closer to the cap, draft picks and prospects are probably only going to be used to sweeten the deal, but it will probably also involve the Sabres taking back an "albatrosse" type contract, or another expensive underachiever in return to clear cap space

I think you meant not candid...... Eklund is as vague as it gets. Thats his schtick......get hockey fans with insatiable hunger for hockey rumors to blow up his page full of nonsense. Every wonder why he always has sabres rumors yet Darcy hardly ever deals?

may have been a misuse of the word candid (always thought it meant "hidden"). Eklund stays vague so that he can try and lure you into his website where he can charge you for "insider info".Its easy for these guys to create these rumors. All you do is take a team that could use help and say that a deal may happen. Same thing happened all year in MLB with the Jays, every available player was apparently going to be brought in by Toronto. Why? Because they need to improve in areas, and because its been said they can spend money when they want to/are ready

Some call it vague. Others call it flat out making stuff up.

If they were going to pick him up then they probably have money coming off the books

Anyone willing to create a list of players looking at the teams that expect to make a run at the Cup who have deadwood players in the $4-5 mil range that they would be willing to dump to get Roy or Stafford?

Where there is smoke, there is fire baby! DR is under pressure to do something and yes, he will probably not get top value in return since he is dealing from a position of desperation. Heck, he should just accumulate draft picks and start this thing from scratch. We know what happens when a Boyes, Raffi Torres, etc.. come here. They die.

Also, don't listen to Pegula and Black's public comments. They mean nothing. They can't talk about their true plans and disappointments in a public forum. The Buffalo Sabres product is getting tremendously devalued by their play on the ice and this has to be addressed.

Anyone willing to create a list of players looking at the teams that expect to make a run at the Cup who have deadwood players in the $4-5 mil range that they would be willing to dump to get Roy or Stafford?

http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2

Check that out

Boston, Chicago, NJ Devils, Detroit, Ottawa, Blues all have cap space this year and next to take on Roy.

Out of those three, Roy def has the most value.

The question is though, does Darcy move these guys and get ready to play guys or trade them to clear cap space and get picks/prospects? I'd prefer picks/prospects to be honest. What's the sense of trying to get a big spark to jump to 8th place and get crushed by Boston?

Boston, Chicago, NJ Devils, Detroit, Ottawa, Blues all have cap space this year and next to take on Roy.

Detroit has prospects. Riley Sheehan would give us another center prospect that we need. Teemu Pulkkinen is really enticing as a skilled Finnish winger we could pair with Armia in a couple years (Finnish Connection?).

This team isnt built right now to acquire prospects. They are built with a shorter term goal in mind. Yes they suck right now, but that doesnt change the facts.

I dont expect them to unload a top 6 F for a couple of prospects. The most credible rumors say top 6 for top 6 and that makes the most sense, regardless of your assesment of the top 6 worthiness of our rumored tradees.

BUF wont get Ruutu. The Canes dont need/want any of the guys on that list. They want proven prospects. Wanna give up Luke Adam for Ruutu? That's the type of deal CAR will make for Ruutu or Gleason.

I'm sure player like Ruutu could be acquired, a rough and ready possibly top 6 forward. Even if it was Stafford plus Ellis or something like that.

Agreed, at least this proves something is in the works.

Yes, I'd especially like the Blues for a trade. They need an upgrade on playmaking centers, we happen to have Roy.

They are going to make a run this year. I see them as optimal trading partners.

Derek Roy for Patrick Berglund and their 1st or 2nd round pick. Beglund is a very good defensive forward center and he's young.

Yes, I'd especially like the Blues for a trade. They need an upgrade on playmaking centers, we happen to have Roy.

They are going to make a run this year. I see them as optimal trading partners.

Derek Roy for Patrick Berglund and their 1st or 2nd round pick. Beglund is a very good defensive forward center and he's young.

You couldnt trade roy for anyones 1st round pick let alone a player and a 1st

BUF wont get Ruutu. The Canes dont need/want any of the guys on that list. They want proven prospects. Wanna give up Luke Adam for Ruutu? That's the type of deal CAR will make for Ruutu or Gleason.

You never know, they've been pretty desperate at points this season.

Archived