GDT: Sabres at Hurricanes 1/06/12 7:00PM

deluca67

How does a right-handed shot,... from that deep,... score far side,... top shelf on Miller?

For as entertaining as I though this game was, that will be my only comment on this game.

He wasn't that deep, and Millers trying to cover the other side of the net because the defencemen should be doing something to keep him from being able to have a clear shot of that side of the net. They left Miller out to dry on that play, it was almost a 3 on 1, could have been considered a 2 on non with the way the defence played it, doing nothing but skating backwards hoping they try and pass

This team is as soft as an egg a chicken just shot out of it's ass...

But injuries, injuries, blah blah BLAH! They just need to get everyone back, then it's all happiness, light, fuzzy duckies and bunnies! Management will do NOTHING, and this season will be a complete loss. The offseason can't come soon enough...

On another note, why does God hate Buffalo so much????

I wouldn't go that far... hate... just think God just doesn't care when Buffalo won't even help itself. Look at the lack of Waterfront development, yet God gave Buffalo a wonderful spot.

Perfect. He is a scoring machine. Lindy's choices have lead me to believe he's tanking it on purpose.

I don't know if he's tanking it on purpose but this has to be hard on Lindy. Back when he had that "hardest working team in hockey" (oh, and the best goalie in the world) you got the impression players would run through a wall for each other. And that's how Ruff played the game himself. With the exception of a few, this team has quit on him. Indeed, I think this team quit on the season at the precise moment of the Lucic hit on Miller. That was the seminal event of the season, injuries not withstanding.

I wouldn't blame him if he offered his resignation, recharged his batteries for a year, and came back to his pick of whatever open jobs there are at the time.

GO SABRES!!!

The team he took over was 27-25-5 (with all those stars), he went 18-3-4. Yes, the Sabres don't have that level of talent but I believe this team is better than 18-19-4. I really think this team is a 4 or 5 seed. They proved they could be better last year or was Connolly the end all be all to this team?

He took over a team of superstars that were underachieving

Are these Sabres better then 18-19-4, yes when healthy with their full roster, but a coaching change is going to do nothing unless its along with a full roster overhaul and all of it started with Darcy being shown the door ASAP. Just a coaching change won't be putting this team into the Finals

You are right, notice how soft guys become when they get here? Is it Lindy's style?

EDIT: Correction Regehr still plays tough. The others haven't seen it in a bit.

It was never his style as a player or early in his coaching career.

GO SABRES!!!

The team he took over was 27-25-5 (with all those stars), he went 18-3-4. Yes, the Sabres don't have that level of talent but I believe this team is better than 18-19-4. I really think this team is a 4 or 5 seed. They proved they could be better last year or was Connolly the end all be all to this team?

really in your heart of hearts you believe this?

15 of the past 18 games 3 goals given up or more?

Pominville and Vanek are the only guys scoring?

Gerbe being your most aggressive player?

Lindy's poor coaching?

They should burn this mother down!

I wouldn't go that far... hate... just think God just doesn't care when Buffalo won't even help itself. Look at the lack of Waterfront development, yet God gave Buffalo a wonderful spot.

Let's not talk about development. Have you been to the BNMC it's booming at an astounding rate. So the waterfront lacks development, doesn't mean Buffalo as a whole does.

Let's keep focus

really in your heart of hearts you believe this?

15 of the past 18 games 3 goals given up or more?

Pominville and Vanek are the only guys scoring?

Gerbe being your most aggressive player?

Lindy's poor coaching?

They should burn this mother down!

Yes in my heart of hearts I believe this team is better, but then again count me as an optimist.

3 goals or more... hmm... part of that system? (coaching change may help... more body play than puck may help)

I would love to see what Vanek would do under another coach.

That dude is all heart and nothing will change that.

Coaching change

Yes, they should but I also believe that the only change to make right now is coach or GM. Which would you want?

Let's not talk about development. Have you been to the BNMC it's booming at an astounding rate. So the waterfront lacks development, doesn't mean Buffalo as a whole does.

Let's keep focus

Just responding to the question. Good to hear about BnMC

Yes in my heart of hearts I believe this team is better, but then again count me as an optimist.

3 goals or more... hmm... part of that system? (coaching change may help... more body play than puck may help)

I would love to see what Vanek would do under another coach.

That dude is all heart and nothing will change that.

Coaching change

Yes, they should but I also believe that the only change to make right now is coach or GM. Which would you want?

Both, because Regier needs to go and has for awhile and Ruffs time is just up as much as I like him.

Missed the game. Went to the local watering hole and had a Buffalo burger instead. At least the burger was good. I'm ready for big changes with this team. No one should be untouchable. Make one or two core altering moves and shake these complacent pusssies to the... well, core. We need a G.M. who isn't afraid to make some tough decisions. Unfortunately I don't believe Darcy is the guy for the job anymore. Put him in a liferaft with enough provisions to make landfall and cast him off. Send Ruff with him. He's lost the will to coach.

Missed the game. Went to the local watering hole and had a Buffalo burger instead. At least the burger was good. I'm ready for big changes with this team. No one should be untouchable. Make one or two core altering moves and shake these complacent pusssies to the... well, core. We need a G.M. who isn't afraid to make some tough decisions. Unfortunately I don't believe Darcy is the guy for the job anymore. Put him in a liferaft with enough provisions to make landfall and cast him off. Send Ruff with him. He's lost the will to coach.

Consider this:

"I wouldn’t call it a shake-up," Regier said in RBC Center. "If there’s a move that makes sense for us, we’ll do it if something is going to improve our hockey club. There’s nothing imminent, as I said, right now.

"At this time of the year and where we are, I’ve done a lot of talking to teams around the league, so I’m aware of some of those situations. Right now there’s nothing imminent, and that’s part of the business. We’ll keep working."

and

"We’re close enough, but we’ve got to convert some of these chances into goals and those goals into wins," he said. "I still go back to if we can get to where we’re finishing better, getting more scoring, getting secondary scoring, that will go a long ways to helping us."

Not holding my breath that anything changes any time soon.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2012/01/buffalo-news-exclusive-darcy-regier-says-no-shake-up-imminent-for-struggling-sabres.html

Consider this:

"I wouldn’t call it a shake-up," Regier said in RBC Center. "If there’s a move that makes sense for us, we’ll do it if something is going to improve our hockey club. There’s nothing imminent, as I said, right now.

"At this time of the year and where we are, I’ve done a lot of talking to teams around the league, so I’m aware of some of those situations. Right now there’s nothing imminent, and that’s part of the business. We’ll keep working."

and

"We’re close enough, but we’ve got to convert some of these chances into goals and those goals into wins," he said. "I still go back to if we can get to where we’re finishing better, getting more scoring, getting secondary scoring, that will go a long ways to helping us."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2012/01/buffalo-news-exclusive-darcy-regier-says-no-shake-up-imminent-for-struggling-sabres.html

We've been waiting four years for this team to figure out how to finish. F*ck Darcy Regier.

Consider this:

and

http://blogs.buffalo...ing-sabres.html

I was willing to give DR the benefit of the doubt considering the leash he's been attached to for over a decade. Not any more.

Even Kassian is drinking the Ruff Kool-Aid and not hitting any more ...

I don't know why everyone thinks Kassian is a hitting machine. I seen him play 15-20 games for Windsor.

He's got a rep for hitting because he's big and had a propensity for throwing cheap shots.

Not home tonight will DVR the game.

I likely will see the out of town score going to the Rangers-Pens game tonight so if it's bad and I decide not to watch does that make me a bad fan or student of good time management not wasting another 1-2 hours of my life I won't get back ?

Here's to the hope for another 1-2 hours of hockey loafing this weekend, Lets go Buffalo !

Okay, so looked at the score read the thread deleted the DVR'd game.

At this point I am also sick of the groundhog day, wash, rinse, repeat aspect of this teams game. If it's not a win it's not worth wasting my time to get aggravated to see all the same culprits do all same same stupid stuff. To think I really used to enjoy watching this team even when it lost but it was competing. Wow just wow they can suck the life out of fans like this.

Archived