GDT: Sabres at Hurricanes 1/06/12 7:00PM

deluca67

Right now I feel the fans are like Obi-Wan Kenobi in Revenge of the Sith, where at the end he expresses his disappointment to Anakin Skywalker:

Fans: You were the Chosen Ones! You were supposed to destroy the Bottom-Feeders, not join them...Bring balance to Western New York, not leave it in darkness!

Sabres: I HATE YOU!

Fans: You were our brothers, Sabres! We loved you.

Sure am glad I drove all the way down to the arena to watch that garbage, stood in line for 45 mins to pay for supposed free popcorn and drinks, and then watch them give up odd man rushes and make stupid giveaways in their own zone all game.

At this point we are far away from competing. I would like to see talent shipped away for picks and prospects and get some cap flexability.

I don't know. How many breakaways and odd man rushes is a goalie supposed to stop?

PTR

I thought Miller played one of his stronger games. I can't stand a defensive system predicated on giving up odd man rushes every single game. Name me one top team that succeeds with such wonton aggressive play from their defensemen.

this won't be a popular sentiment but at this juncture it would be best for this team to lose because if they downright suck, T-Pegs and Black will make changes not to mention we could draft in the top 4-6 and get that elusive center... unless Darcy stays then we will draft another Winger or Puck Moving D-man... Bottom line the more this team fails the closer we edge towards Darcy getting the axe. Have I given up on the season? No. But I would rather they tank then allow this mediocrity to continue for another 14 years.

Consider this:

"I wouldn’t call it a shake-up," Regier said in RBC Center. "If there’s a move that makes sense for us, we’ll do it if something is going to improve our hockey club. There’s nothing imminent, as I said, right now.

"At this time of the year and where we are, I’ve done a lot of talking to teams around the league, so I’m aware of some of those situations. Right now there’s nothing imminent, and that’s part of the business. We’ll keep working."

and

"We’re close enough, but we’ve got to convert some of these chances into goals and those goals into wins," he said. "I still go back to if we can get to where we’re finishing better, getting more scoring, getting secondary scoring, that will go a long ways to helping us."

Not holding my breath that anything changes any time soon.

http://blogs.buffalo...ing-sabres.html

Sounds like more of the same bullshite as we've always heard from Darcy Regier. We've had 15 years of the same lame excuse. " This is a hard league to make a deal in" Darcy if you can't make a friggin deal get out of the fukcin kitchen. You loser. This management team will sit on its hands and watch our beloved Sabres sink further and further into this Regier induced pergatory and it'll drag us all down with it. Terry Pegula thank you for buying this team and giving us all hope that things would change for the better. Now fire Regiers sorry a$$ and make it so. Save us from this a$$ wipes sorry friggin excuses. He sucks. Look Mr. Pegula, I really hope you occasionally skim over these boards to gauge the sentiments of your customers because they are desperate to have a team that competes. You give us a country club when what we desire is honest effort. Wipe the baby powder off of these losers a$$es and firmly plant your boot where the sun don't shine and get these pansies playing Buffalo hockey. This really has gotten pathetic.

Four years??!

Barring the two no-touch years, this team hasn't been able to finish since the 2000-2001 season.

This team offensively reminds of the teams in the Hasek era, the only difference is that that team had Hasek and won games 1-0 and 2-1. There is something wrong when I long for the days of the offensive prowess of Brian Holzinger and Derek Plante.

My wife asked me again last night if I wanted to go to travel to Buffalo (as an x-mas present) to see some old friends and see a game. I said if we are going to see old friends great, forget about the game, save it for next year thisteam isn't any good.

Mr. Pegula, Mr. Black, do you hear me! Dump Darcy and Ruff or all the out of town loyal fans that make annual trips will just stop showing up stop buying merchandise online. It may take longer because we love this team, but do something and do something now.

The Sabres are a national team with all the x-Buffalo patriots all over. I don't mind if the team loses, but the lack of effort is infuriating and doesn't represent the town or the team. Clean house and start ASAP.

LOL: Jesse Pegula tweeted sarcastically:

Well off to the dog track to gamble my money away. #thingsthesabresmakemedo

Okay, so looked at the score read the thread deleted the DVR'd game.

At this point I am also sick of the groundhog day, wash, rinse, repeat aspect of this teams game. If it's not a win it's not worth wasting my time to get aggravated to see all the same culprits do all same same stupid stuff. To think I really used to enjoy watching this team even when it lost but it was competing. Wow just wow they can suck the life out of fans like this.

My feelings exactly. I truly can't watch this anymore. I am counting now on Team Storm Cloud to get the organization to make the changes this team needs. I'll start paying attention again when there is something new and better to watch. This just makes me unhappy, and I can find better things to do that don't do that. Off to the racetrack for some horses.

Missed the game as well. How bad was Miller?

He wasn't "bad" at all. Just because a game is lost doesn't mean the netminder is to blame. Not trying to be a jerk but if you watched or listened to the game you probably would have concluded that Miller was on point and once again, the defense lacked effort and the offense missed hella opportunities.

Miller made some great saves in the first and second periods. The only one I didn't like was Staal's goal from behind the net, Miller was very slow getting over there. The problem right now, is what it always has been, they can't finish their opportunities. They should have had an early 3 - 0 lead...not saying they would have won with that lead, but they should have scored on those open net opportunities.

Archived