Wake up FN Center!!!!

Derrico

As a Mini Pack Holder I put blame on myself first. But this article is embarrassing.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article696670.ece

Has the team met expectations thus far? No. But are we the Columbus Blue Jackets? Let's go, it's been very obvious all year how quiet the arena has been and I'm tired of it. I'm sick of watching Leaf games were the team is in a slump and down 3-2 in the third and hear the Go Leafs Go chant. We are Buffalo and we should be loud at home. We're not great at home but are we not cheering because the team isn't playing well or the team isn't playing well because we arn't cheering??!!

The old chicken and the egg thingy. Or is it the chicken little thing. Is the sky falling? er... The buildings quiet because this teams fans are lulled to sleep most nights by a boring style of hockey and at other times I believe that like myself the fans at the rink are just shell shocked by whats happened to their team. If this team was capable of playing an aggressive, in your face kind of hockey with prolonged periods of puck possession and scoring chances the rink would be rockin. There's been no reason to cheer.

The old chicken and the egg thingy. Or is it the chicken little thing. Is the sky falling? er... The buildings quiet because this teams fans are lulled to sleep most nights by a boring style of hockey and at other times I believe that like myself the fans at the rink are just shell shocked by whats happened to their team. If this team was capable of playing an aggressive, in your face kind of hockey with prolonged periods of puck possession and scoring chances the rink would be rockin. There's been no reason to cheer.

Living in the Greater Toronto Area I get all the Leaf games and that team hasn't even made the playoffs since before the lockout! They haven't been great and the building is rocking during most games. Maybe T.O. is an anomaly but it frusterates me watching how loud Leaf fans can get (especially considering 50% of tickets are bought by corporations instead of die hard fans).

I don't believe that fans cheering can make a team play better, I mean it MAY be true BUT even so if the team isn't motivated themselves and this occurs multiple times it's on the team, not the fans. They are doing something not many people get to do. They should be pumped to play, if not something is wrong. No matter the overall skill of a team I don't think it should be hard to give a 110% effort. You may not get the results but at least despite your shortcomings you were out their busting your butts off. Something blue collar cities can take pride in...

I don't believe that fans cheering can make a team play better, I mean it MAY be true BUT even so if the team isn't motivated themselves and this occurs multiple times it's on the team, not the fans. They are doing something not many people get to do. They should be pumped to play, if not something is wrong. No matter the overall skill of a team I don't think it should be hard to give a 110% effort. You may not get the results but at least despite your shortcomings you were out their busting your butts off. Something blue collar cities can take pride in...

A clear no from me to the first sentence. Here in Germany/ Europe you can win many games because of the support from your fans. Bad teams are able to beat the best teams in their league, because they get this extra thrill by their fans. This is true for hockey soccer or other team sports. Maybe you have seen the atmosphere in the preseason game Adler Mannheim against the Sabres. This atmosphere was great, but it is more intense when it is really a season game. And the arena is really bursting when the rivals are in town. This kind of atmosphere is able to carry your team to a win. This atmosphere is such an advantage, so in Germany an excited fan support it is called as extra man on the field.

But one thing is mandatory! The fans want to see their team fight as there is no other game. They want to see corage and hard work. If this is not happening, your fans will turn around and will "boooo" your team out of your own arena. If Such an incident like Lucic hitting Miller would have been not revenged accordingly the fans would have started a revolution in the arena.

So yes there are both side of the medal, but a hard working team playing with courage and heart will have their fans behind them like a wall.

As a Mini Pack Holder I put blame on myself first. But this article is embarrassing.

http://www.buffalone...ticle696670.ece

Has the team met expectations thus far? No. But are we the Columbus Blue Jackets? Let's go, it's been very obvious all year how quiet the arena has been and I'm tired of it. I'm sick of watching Leaf games were the team is in a slump and down 3-2 in the third and hear the Go Leafs Go chant. We are Buffalo and we should be loud at home. We're not great at home but are we not cheering because the team isn't playing well or the team isn't playing well because we arn't cheering??!!

It is partly a byproduct of the play on the ice, but next time you are at a game and the Sabres score a goal, immediately look around and see not only how many people are not standing, but even worse, those sitting in there seats and not even cheering/applauding. If they aren't going to cheer a goal, they are definitely not cheering at any other point in the game.

It is partly a byproduct of the play on the ice, but next time you are at a game and the Sabres score a goal, immediately look around and see not only how many people are not standing, but even worse, those sitting in there seats and not even cheering/applauding. If they aren't going to cheer a goal, they are definitely not cheering at any other point in the game.

In the other thread (why are there two?) I noted that energy does seem down, but I've yet to see a game where able-bodied people remain seated after a goal, unless the Sabres are down 6-1 or something.

Have you ever played competitive sports where fans come and watch? There is an added level of competition that gets flowing thru your veins when fans are cheering for you. You feel more invincible, and you feel like you can do anything. and when they boo you, you feel like you HAVE to fix what is going wrong. Fans cheering do make a difference.

On that ntoe though, What Labatt says is true too. There are people who just don't care that don't cheer no matter what, and that's frustrating as a self proclaimed die hard fan.

In the other thread (why are there two?) I noted that energy does seem down, but I've yet to see a game where able-bodied people remain seated after a goal, unless the Sabres are down 6-1 or something.

I'm up in the 300's, not with Chet & Muffy, and I see it all the time....even early in the game, or later in the game where the score is close.

I'm up in the 300's, not with Chet & Muffy, and I see it all the time....even early in the game, or later in the game where the score is close.

I was at the Edmonton game, and I saw exactly this. I would even go on to say that about HALF the arena was still sitting. Beyond that, I was trying to start "Let's Go Buffalo" chants throughout the game, and were getting looks from the other patrons. Oh yeah, I was sitting in the 300s.

I'm in the 200's (226 row 2 on the aisle) season tickets with Chet & Muffy and never see people sitting after a goal unless they are a fan of the opposing team. Energy is without a doubt down in the arena.

I usually sell my Toronto tickets but took a friend from Canada this year - 2nd best energy game I've been too this year and top 5 in the last three (regular season)

42 home games - umm score, hit, fight and play like you give a sh*t and I'll cheer my a$$ off

If you guys want to see a rockin Sabres crowd, you need to be in Raleigh tonight.

The Canes fans have all but given up trying to drown out the Sabres fans. This will be a Sabres home game tonight.

Go to the FNC tonight and watch a "real" home game on the big screen.

. If Such an incident like Lucic hitting Miller would have been not revenged accordingly the fans would have started a revolution in the arena.

The incident took place in Boston so there's no issue here. But I wonder what would've happened if the Lucic hit Miller in Buffalo...probably the same thing that happened with Brett Hull's "no goal" to win the Stanley Cup...Nothing. The Buffalo fans are too complacent and resigned to losing and will not riot for the team no matter what.

Wow. That's the LAST place I would expect that. You should come down and sit with Muffy & me.

I was at the Edmonton game, and I saw exactly this. I would even go on to say that about HALF the arena was still sitting. Beyond that, I was trying to start "Let's Go Buffalo" chants throughout the game, and were getting looks from the other patrons. Oh yeah, I was sitting in the 300s.

This is what happens every time I've been to a game since 2005-6.

This really is amazing to me. The 300 level always seemed rowdier to me (I haven't been up there in quite a while) and the "Let's Go, Buffalo!" chant right after the puck drops originates there. I'm not doubting anyone; just expressing surprise.

This really is amazing to me. The 300 level always seemed rowdier to me (I haven't been up there in quite a while) and the "Let's Go, Buffalo!" chant right after the puck drops originates there. I'm not doubting anyone; just expressing surprise.

I feel the same - from where I sit the folks up in 301-304 are the loudest in the arena.

I feel the same - from where I sit the folks up in 301-304 are the loudest in the arena.

The last game I went to that I would describe as rowdy was against the Bruins on March 17th, 1997. I was 10. It was St. Patty's weekend and everyone was schwasted. Rob Ray fought EVERYONE that night.

Archived