Alexander Semin to Buffalo Rumor per Ecklund

freester

Whether or not your ideas are crap is not the assessment I'm making. All I'm asking is that you attempt to type your messages as if we were conversing in person. Being able to properly express thoughts and feelings is a reflection of how an individual carries themself. I don't act any different here than I do in person and I expect my posts to reflect that through their structure and tone. Posts such as the one I've singled out here are unfortunately characteristic of you and they reflect poorly. I'm simply trying to help you not look like a jackass. It's much more satisfying to knock someone down with a well constructed retort than just hitting cruise control and mashing keys.

Not hating, just trying to be constructive. :beer:

d4rksabre is on a roll... Well said.

I would like everyone to know that I am a Baby Boomer, and next time anyone has the urge to disagree with me, I'd just like to let you know that Boomers march to the beat of a different drummer, and are almost always misunderstood.

Baby Boomers...the true "greatest generation"!!!!!

:)

ya...... joking or not i dont think the baby boomers are the greatest generation. however i do agree that they march to the beat of a different drummer. you kind of have to with being in the shadow of the WW2 generation and all. i think it was you guys who brought us disco. kind of a drop off. anyhow go sabres and ecklund sucks. trade talk is exciting though.

Eklund Schmecklund. No one wants Semin, I think that's clear throughout the league. I'd really be surprised if any team actually traded anyone of worth for him - especially with that contract.

Regarding the Sabres, yes I too believe we need a change. BUT (like I have said before on other threads), nothing will be done until the major injured players return. I'm speaking of Myers, Leopold, and Gaustad. When they come back management will see how the team performs. If there is no noticeable improvement, then changes will be made.

IF that happens (and that's a big "IF"), I expect player changes before coaching changes. I believe TP is in love with Ruff and has confidence in the Regier/Ruff team. Stafford and Roy are prime candidates to be traded but IMO no one on the team is untradeable.

At least that's my take on it.

ya...... joking or not i dont think the baby boomers are the greatest generation. however i do agree that they march to the beat of a different drummer. you kind of have to with being in the shadow of the WW2 generation and all. i think it was you guys who brought us disco. kind of a drop off. anyhow go sabres and ecklund sucks. trade talk is exciting though.

As a leading edge Baby Boomer, I'd like to correct you on this. We brought you The Beatles, Hippies, and saved the American Rock and Roll scene from implosion with the British Invasion. You should have heard the crap that passed as music from 1960 - 1963.

But whatever you do, don't blame us for Disco. We had nothing to do with that.

So far, this has been an embarrassing year to be a Sabres fan. We're already the laughingstock of the league...our goalies are getting run almost every night. And like a naive nouveau riche, after many years of being poor, we got a windfall and spent a ton of money on a bunch of duds. If they get Semin, that'll put the cherry on top of the sh*t cake.

As a leading edge Baby Boomer, I'd like to correct you on this. We brought you The Beatles, Hippies, and saved the American Rock and Roll scene from implosion with the British Invasion. You should have heard the crap that passed as music from 1960 - 1963.

But whatever you do, don't blame us for Disco. We had nothing to do with that.

George, Paul, John, and Ringo were born between '46 & '64? You must have smoked a few too many 'electrical bananas' back then. The youngest was born in '43. John's B-day is closer to my parents' than it is to yours. :o

Or you might have inhaled a bit too much of something else in your polyester clothes wearing days if you don't think most of the disco artists were boomers. :doh:

You did get the hippy part right though. You must be proud. :P

Using brain imaging software and imaging skulls from as far back as 10,000 BCE scientists are learning that the Millennial generation (Born btw 1982- and 1999) is the first generation in over 10,000 years of human evolution to show different brain patterns particularly in their gray matter. Imaging has also shown that the Millennial generation thinks differently because they have more synapses relaying information across their brains. This is the first known instance of a major evolution in human history to be well documented by scientists. We are not talking about thinking in binary either but good one calling me a twerp... classy. Its has more to do with the way digital technologies work. Understanding touchscreens and computer apps faster. Experimenting and learning on our own.

The Millennial generation or Millennials are also the most well protected generation ever. Many social scientists believe this had directly lead to this generations perception of the world. Millenials have in recent years used their reformatted brains to engage the world in a new way, through the digital world. The Arab spring was done and coordinated through social media, Obama was elected because young people have seen and our understanding the flaws of the baby boomers and generation x.

The extent to which the remapping of the human brain will effect future outcomes is uncertain. The only certain thing is that human evolution has once again changed the way ppl see the world. The Millennials have a monumental undertaken ahead of them as the Greatest Generation has left the world in the charge of the Baby Boomers who seem more content to fight and argue then solve problems and Generation X which is more content to talk a lot and do nothing. Remember for the first time in 10,000 years a group of humans is completely different than those who came before. Multitasking, digital information retrieval, complex problem solving skills, group oriented, the first global generation have created something that will redefine history.

The Baby Boomers and Generation X have failed in their stewardship of the world. It is quickly becoming time for them to step aside and let a new evolution and chapter in human history to begin. Remember, Millennials are the first generation in recorded history to have their brains rewired to think in a completely new way. My only promise is that my generation will succeed where the previous two generations have failed.

In my experiences with Gen Y they can be extremely intelligent and won't waste any time to make sure everybody knows it. Their biggest flaw is the fact they lack critical thinking and common sense which usually leads to the inability to tie their own shoes without somebody holding their hand, much less deal with the real world.

Using brain imaging software and imaging skulls from as far back as 10,000 BCE scientists are learning that the Millennial generation (Born btw 1982- and 1999) is the first generation in over 10,000 years of human evolution to show different brain patterns particularly in their gray matter. Imaging has also shown that the Millennial generation thinks differently because they have more synapses relaying information across their brains. This is the first known instance of a major evolution in human history to be well documented by scientists. We are not talking about thinking in binary either but good one calling me a twerp... classy. Its has more to do with the way digital technologies work. Understanding touchscreens and computer apps faster. Experimenting and learning on our own.

The Millennial generation or Millennials are also the most well protected generation ever. Many social scientists believe this had directly lead to this generations perception of the world. Millenials have in recent years used their reformatted brains to engage the world in a new way, through the digital world. The Arab spring was done and coordinated through social media, Obama was elected because young people have seen and our understanding the flaws of the baby boomers and generation x.

The extent to which the remapping of the human brain will effect future outcomes is uncertain. The only certain thing is that human evolution has once again changed the way ppl see the world. The Millennials have a monumental undertaken ahead of them as the Greatest Generation has left the world in the charge of the Baby Boomers who seem more content to fight and argue then solve problems and Generation X which is more content to talk a lot and do nothing. Remember for the first time in 10,000 years a group of humans is completely different than those who came before. Multitasking, digital information retrieval, complex problem solving skills, group oriented, the first global generation have created something that will redefine history.

The Baby Boomers and Generation X have failed in their stewardship of the world. It is quickly becoming time for them to step aside and let a new evolution and chapter in human history to begin. Remember, Millennials are the first generation in recorded history to have their brains rewired to think in a completely new way. My only promise is that my generation will succeed where the previous two generations have failed.

My oh my, they ARE so cute when they're talking trash to their elders.

Young Liger you crack me up.

Your joking right?

I mean, you really believe this crap about baby boomers and Generation X failing in their stewardship of the world don't you. That shows about as much brain power as a cynder block.

Here is a basic lesson for you, the globe we live on, i.e. the planet earth, well, it doesn't have infinite resources, and the population just keeps on getting bigger......

Heres a hint, more people, less resources = ?

That is about as basic a picture as I can draw for you. The boomers or Gen X didn't leave the world any worse, this is the natural order of the planet in accordance with the food chain, which humans are at the top.

You aren't going to "digitally think" your way to more resources, no matter how hard you wi-fi yourself.

The best thing you can do with this "supposed" new found human thinking skill is learn Mandarin Chinese and prepare your children to do the same.

Considering this is a daft thread it is getting a huge amount of attention. Considering this guys supposed to be a cancer in the locker room as well I'm surprised his getting this much attention. IMHO we really lack a true vet, a winner who can lead this team without a C, knows how to hold a locker room together. I don't think our current crop of 'vets' are old enough.

Please. The only thing our generation is good at is regurgitating information and whining. If there's one thing a majority of Millenials suck at it is thinking critically. We might be good at computers, but we're no smarter than our parents and their parents.

Please. The only thing our generation is good at is regurgitating information and whining. If there's one thing a majority of Millenials suck at it is thinking critically. We might be good at computers, but we're no smarter than our parents and their parents.

And you cited an outstanding example as a reference. :P

Yes I was joking. I only wish that I was lucky enough to have my brain rewired...or something like that! :P

Archived