[OT] OSP bidding on the LA Dodgers?

Weave

My link

He sold the Sabres, but Tom Golisano could be the new owner of another sports team -- the L.A. Dodgers.

Reports are out saying Golisano has submitted an application to buy the Dodgers.

Former Dodger owner Frank McCourt, who sought out U.S. bankruptcy approval to sell the team, is reportedly worth between $800-million and $1.2-billion.

Golisano's net worth is estimated to be $1.4-billion.

Tommy is gonna have to be well financed for this one.

I'm just a casual baseball fan but I've rooted for the Dodgers for as long as I can remember. I can't believe I might be rooting for a Golisano owned team a second time. :bag:

Tommy turned a pretty good buck rehabbing the Sabres out of bankruptcy. Think quinny knows more about baseball than he does hockey? I hear TC can hit a curveball like nobody's business.

LA will be in for a real treat when Quinn applies his vast experience in developing waterfront to LA. Bass Pro Shop at Manhattan Beach!

Tommy turned a pretty good buck rehabbing the Sabres out of bankruptcy. Think quinny knows more about baseball than he does hockey? I hear TC can hit a curveball like nobody's business.

LA will be in for a real treat when Quinn applies his vast experience in developing waterfront to LA. Bass Pro Shop at Manhattan Beach!

:lol:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is OSP short for?

Hehehe... I was actually curious myself about the exact origins yesterday, and found it via google: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/13386-ot-239/

It's funny how we have the little nicknames and stuff on this board, and then trying to use them in real-life conversation about the Sabres (far less than on here, at least for me), people don't know what in the heck I'm referring to. :D

Hehehe... I was actually curious myself about the exact origins yesterday, and found it via google: http://forums.sabres...c/13386-ot-239/

It's funny how we have the little nicknames and stuff on this board, and then trying to use them in real-life conversation about the Sabres (far less than on here, at least for me), people don't know what in the heck I'm referring to. :D

I'm guilty of this too :lol:

WSJ says bids are expected to exceed $1 billion. How is

OSP going to swing that?

Obviously he is one of group of investors. I would have thought that the way Pegula came in and was received by the fans would leave a bad taste in his mouth. Apparently he liked tripling his money in a few short years. Not much room for that in baseball.

Obviously he is one of group of investors. I would have thought that the way Pegula came in and was received by the fans would leave a bad taste in his mouth. Apparently he liked tripling his money in a few short years. Not much room for that in baseball.

This, plus the fact that LA is a completely different market than Buffalo is.

This, plus the fact that LA is a completely different market than Buffalo is.

This is what I was thinking -- he doesn't seem like he wants to be a bigshot sports owner -- more like he likes the idea of scooping up an undervalued asset and cashing out when its value stabilizes. It doesn't seem like this is possible here, although there could certainly be $200MM - $300MM or so in value that he thinks can be "unlocked" with a few years of stable ownership and thus another fat profit-taking opportunity.

This is what I was thinking -- he doesn't seem like he wants to be a bigshot sports owner -- more like he likes the idea of scooping up an undervalued asset and cashing out when its value stabilizes. It doesn't seem like this is possible here, although there could certainly be $200MM - $300MM or so in value that he thinks can be "unlocked" with a few years of stable ownership and thus another fat profit-taking opportunity.

If I'm investing in that team, I'm seriously concerned about the gang issues. No ownership is going to be able to fix that.

As much tongue in cheek as you presented in that post, is Coca-Cola Field designed for a retrofit to expand?

If I remember right, it was built with upper deck expansion in mind. The we went from Bob Rich waving a blank check around at the owners meeting one year, to being an after thought in terms of expansion. Rich then topped himself with the 6 or 7 year Bass Pro fiasco. :angry: :angry:

Archived