GDT: Lightning at Sabres 10/25/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

A critical trait of any contender is their ability to bounce back. Don't let one bad game cost you two. In addition, come playoff time, the ability to adjust and defeat an opponent that has just out-schemed you when playing night after night is critical. This game will give major insight into the first, and minor insight into the second.

I'd like to see:

1. Enroth -- so the 1-out-of-4 frequency is maintained

2. Stafford assert himself a bit more

3. Roy skating better

4. Harder forechecking on the PP

5. Leino get some shifts with Pommer on the PP -- I think Leino holding onto it and finding Pommer in the slot can be a productive situation

6. Something out of Boyes to show me that he's not a $4.5MM white elephant

7. More determination generally on the forecheck and more pucks to the net. TB's goalies are not good. The Sabres shouldn't make it easy on them.

8. More shifts for Gerbe with skilled linemates

9. The team maintaining a disciplined style of play, unlike the home opener.

10. The Sabres make a statement on national TV.

Go Sabres.

Amen...

and here's to hoping the Versus announcers don't suck TOO bad...

Go Sabres!

Here is what the versus announcers will say... "You know the sabres made a lot of moves in the offseason thanks to new owner terry pegula. Ryan Miller is very good but this Tampa Team even though they are trailing 14-0 made a really deep run last year and they have played a better game than the sabres no question, the only thing keeping the sabres in this game is Ryan Miller and some lucky bounces."

PS. I hate with a passion the versus announcers. Destroy the Bolts Sabres so we don't have to listen to it!!!!

Here is what the versus announcers will say... "You know the sabres made a lot of moves in the offseason thanks to new owner terry pegula. Ryan Miller is very good but this Tampa Team even though they are trailing 14-0 made a really deep run last year and they have played a better game than the sabres no question, the only thing keeping the sabres in this game is Ryan Miller and some lucky bounces."

PS. I hate with a passion the versus announcers. Destroy the Bolts Sabres so we don't have to listen to it!!!!

:lol: :lol: isn't that the truth.

like nfreeman said, I'd like to see Enroth in tonight, just to keep the 1/4 rotation. It really needs to be maintained, especially in the early going of the season so both goalies can get into a groove/rhythm.

So are the lines for tonight:

Adam-Vanek-Pommer

Roy-Leino-Stafford

Gaustad-Gerbe-Boyes

McCormick-Kaleta-Ellis

Or am I missing something?

I wonder if Ruff will try Leino on the wing tonight or later in the week/month/season. I'm actually really curious to see how he performs out of center. If he lights it up for 2 goals and 3 assists ...

</dreamweaving>

EDIT: If he scores AFTER moving to wing. Or while playing center. I guess I don't care, as long as he scores.

I wonder if Ruff will try Leino on the wing tonight or later in the week/month/season. I'm actually really curious to see how he performs out of center. If he lights it up for 2 goals and 3 assists ...

</dreamweaving>

EDIT: If he scores AFTER moving to wing. Or while playing center. I guess I don't care, as long as he scores.

Playing wing tonight. Taking Ennis' spot.

I'd like to see:1. Enroth -- so the 1-out-of-4 frequency is maintained2. Stafford assert himself a bit more3. Roy skating better4. Harder forechecking on the PP5. Leino get some shifts with Pommer on the PP -- I think Leino holding onto it and finding Pommer in the slot can be a productive situation6. Something out of Boyes to show me that he's not a $4.5MM white elephant7. More determination generally on the forecheck and more pucks to the net. TB's goalies are not good. The Sabres shouldn't make it easy on them.8. More shifts for Gerbe with skilled linemates9. The team maintaining a disciplined style of play, unlike the home opener.10. The Sabres make a statement on national TV.Go Sabres.

I agree with every point you have stated.

The goalie situation will be one key to our success.

Boyes needs to step up and do something.

Leino needs to be on the PP and the wing, like tonight; I think he'll be more effective out there.

Do you work for the local media? You always seem to have all the answers for gameday questions with very high accuracy.

Exactly; always has answers and information for anything!

I noticed that Ruff named Ennis injury. Usually a very bad sign.

That looks like a high ankle to me - as bad as a break.

Damn.

I thought it looked like a potential torn ligament on the replay.

If he gets back within a month I think he and the Sabres will have been fortunate as it could have been worse.

We could see Foligno in a Sabres jersey pretty soon.

Archived