GDT: Lightning at Sabres 10/25/11 7:30PM

spndnchz

Upon further review, there are three Weber's we would have to get in order to achieve naming monopoly.Weber-palooza

Make it happen Darcy! :clapping:

:thumbsup: haha only problem is that they are all defensemen! so all three would not be on the ice at the same time <_<

time to convert one of them :angel:

Does Nashville still have that mustard colored jersey?

I think they were playing in it last night.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NHLVideo?blend=1&ob=4#p/c/9466176CDC69FC24/4/UqFytp1-gsU

EDIT: Our Weber needs to go back in, solely so RJ can call 'Weber really put the mustard on that one, 8-1 BUFFALO!'

Upon further review, there are three Weber's we would have to get in order to achieve naming monopoly.Weber-palooza

Make it happen Darcy! :clapping:

No problem there, inspired by the Lightning's 1-3-1 system and the redonkulous depth at defense, Lindy establishes the first ever 2 forward, 3 defenseman lineup. :unsure:

You mean the ones they wore last night?

In my opinion, they are MUCH better than the previous puke-colored ones.

i like 'em. kind of a european look to them, sort of. color isn't so horrible. it's minny's uniforms i can't stand. "merry christmas, everyone. we suck."

i like 'em. kind of a european look to them, sort of. color isn't so horrible. it's minny's uniforms i can't stand. "merry christmas, everyone. we suck."

I like Minny's green jerseys with the word mark. I think they're kinda neat. At least it's something different for a change.

I like Minny's green jerseys with the word mark. I think they're kinda neat. At least it's something different for a change.

okay, fair call. i'm talking those red ones with the logo. they're just ... ugh. all they need is a white beard and a big red floppy hat with a few cotton balls glued to the end, and maybe a few smoked salmons sticking out the bottom of some sweaters ... actually, that'd be pretty great. never mind.

okay, fair call. i'm talking those red ones with the logo. they're just ... ugh. all they need is a white beard and a big red floppy hat with a few cotton balls glued to the end, and maybe a few smoked salmons sticking out the bottom of some sweaters ... actually, that'd be pretty great. never mind.

I think the red ones with the round logo are great.

:lol:

At least they didn't have to wear the slug.

:lol:

At least they didn't have to wear the slug.

see, i must be among the overwhelming minority that had no issue with the slug. i thought it looked great. streamlined, modern, same classic color scheme ... i don't have a problem with it at all.

however, i also acknowledge that i am probably 1 of maybe a handful of people on this board that feel that way.

and now, i'm off to take pics for some church halloween party for kids. not my ideal way of spending an evening, but it is what it is.

Myers play has left much to be desired. True he is only 21(fixed), but its his 3rd season, and so far every season he has gotten worst... granted last year we had no defense but he is with Regehr now so.... wtf?

Yup, I still want to see Mike Weber on the ice. MAG has yet to show anything that makes me go wow that guy should be in the lineup. Sekera is at least sound defensively.

Roy, Stafford, Leino, all need to do more than just show up. Their play has been sad.

Why would Enroth play after a break of 2 days with no games? Miller is the top goalie, he should play if there are several days off because thats the way it works. Enroth will play either thursday or saturday so don't get your panties in a bunch... knock off the "OMG Ruff isnt doing the every 4th game" thing.

see, i must be among the overwhelming minority that had no issue with the slug. i thought it looked great. streamlined, modern, same classic color scheme ... i don't have a problem with it at all.

however, i also acknowledge that i am probably 1 of maybe a handful of people on this board that feel that way.

and now, i'm off to take pics for some church halloween party for kids. not my ideal way of spending an evening, but it is what it is.

The only jersey worse than the slug, in my opinion of course, is the Mooterus.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/08/2003-04-dallas-stars-alternate-mike.html

Don't let stats get in the way of a good obsession.

I think my take on that is anyone who's willing to put in the work gets to stay, anyone who isn't prepared to play with everything they have gets to sit. That goes for Ehrhoff, Regehr and Myers as well as the others. IMHO.

Don't let stats get in the way of a good obsession.

I just looked at the +/- on yahoo and MAG is not at the top. Also, thats 1 stat. Sekera has a better +/- as do about 10 other nhl players. Other than the 3 game against tampa the sabres have scored so I am not surprised that the guy playing on the bottom pairing has a good +/-. Finally: then don't let contracts get in the way of a good player playing. Because if that wasnt the case than Myers or Ehrhoff's questionable play at times should have earned them a game to sit around and think about their effort and decisions making.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/431/players?refteam=3#psh=%2Fhockey%2F431%2Fplayers%3Fstatus%3DALL%26pos%3DD%26cut_type%3D33%26stat1%3DS_S_2011%26myteam%3D0%26sort%3D4%26sdir%3D1

I just looked at the +/- on yahoo and MAG is not at the top. Also, thats 1 stat. Sekera has a better +/- as do about 10 other nhl players. Other than the 3 game against tampa the sabres have scored so I am not surprised that the guy playing on the bottom pairing has a good +/-. Finally: then don't let contracts get in the way of a good player playing. Because if that wasnt the case than Myers or Ehrhoff's questionable play at times should have earned them a game to sit around and think about their effort and decisions making.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/431/players?refteam=3#psh=%2Fhockey%2F431%2Fplayers%3Fstatus%3DALL%26pos%3DD%26cut_type%3D33%26stat1%3DS_S_2011%26myteam%3D0%26sort%3D4%26sdir%3D1

The point of that link - Gragnani is leading rookie defensemen. MAG isn't out place out there at all. He's not a hitter but he covers a ton of ice. All defensemen make mistakes - I just don't see MAG making them. I get liking Weber - but this isn't a zero sum game - Weber will get his chance.

Anyway here are things I like a about MAGs

- his up ice passing is terrific

- efficient - queit skater - usually meams he's taking good angles

- great vision-

- passes are almost always tape to tape

He often looks a little skittish in his own zone with the puck - if he was trying to skate it out I would worry but what he's doing is hes finding the outlet - on tv with a close frame it appears he's jumpy. Watching the whole ice he's just buying time for his outlet to get a full stride - which is the whole getting the forwards with speed part.

So I just think there is a lot to be impressed with.

He will make mistakes - I just don't think he's made many.

Archived