Who are the rent-a-players this season?

PromoTheRobot

I think if they're 25 and under, they qualify for RFA status, but if they're older than 25, they're UFA. Can someone confirm? I think this is right.

27 years old or 7 years as a pro. Certain 25 year olds can be UFAs, but it's relatively rare and they're typically not very good players.

Pardon my cynicism, but ... but WTF with this thread? They haven't even dropped the puck for the first PRE-season game yet. Isn't it a bit premature to talk about rent-a-players and the stretch drive? Shouldn't we let the team figure out what it has before we talk about what it needs?

Pardon my cynicism, but ... but WTF with this thread? They haven't even dropped the puck for the first PRE-season game yet. Isn't it a bit premature to talk about rent-a-players and the stretch drive? Shouldn't we let the team figure out what it has before we talk about what it needs?

I agree, this thread is pretty random. But, while we're having fun, i will give my team because we are all wanna-be gms. lol

Assuming we are in a pretty good position come deadline day, fighting for one of the top 4 seeds in the east, i think the Sabres go the root that the Bruins did last season. Add a some spark, little grit, bottom 6 help and defensive depth. That said, two guys i'd like us to target would be David Moss from Calgary who has 17 games of playoff experience and is also a gritty player, who plays well in his own end, and also Tim Gleason, who is a rock on defense, and also brings 18 games of playoff experience, and also played with Ryan Miller on the Olympic team for team USA.

I agree, this thread is pretty random. But, while we're having fun, i will give my team because we are all wanna-be gms. lol

Assuming we are in a pretty good position come deadline day, fighting for one of the top 4 seeds in the east, i think the Sabres go the root that the Bruins did last season. Add a some spark, little grit, bottom 6 help and defensive depth. That said, two guys i'd like us to target would be David Moss from Calgary who has 17 games of playoff experience and is also a gritty player, who plays well in his own end, and also Tim Gleason, who is a rock on defense, and also brings 18 games of playoff experience, and also played with Ryan Miller on the Olympic team for team USA.

Tim Gleason? I think he would be the eighth best defensemen on our team....

Yes it is a tad premature but for the first time ever this franchise can target ANY PLAYER IT WANTS! So what is the harm in a little speculative window shopping? Kee-rist, there were 2012 draft threads on TBD during the NFL preseason!

PTR

I can't see Hecht going anywhere.

We have a lot of wingers who can score. We've got a lot of little guys with speed.

We have one veteran winger who is responsible defensively, good on the wall and on the PK, able to play centre in a pinch and capable of filling in on the top six if the need arises.

Yeah he gets paid too much for his role, but who is going to replace him?

He is the guy who will replace Grier.

Besides, Lindy loves him.

Archived