Who are the rent-a-players this season?

PromoTheRobot

I can't see Hecht going anywhere.

We have a lot of wingers who can score. We've got a lot of little guys with speed.

We have one veteran winger who is responsible defensively, good on the wall and on the PK, able to play centre in a pinch and capable of filling in on the top six if the need arises.

Yeah he gets paid too much for his role, but who is going to replace him?

He is the guy who will replace Grier.

Besides, Lindy loves him.

Good post. For all the reasons you mentioned, I think Hecht is likely to be more attractive to another team than Boyes, who may be going the way of Cheechoo. If DR does want to get under the cap via trade, he may have to give up Hecht instead of Boyes.

Good post. For all the reasons you mentioned, I think Hecht is likely to be more attractive to another team than Boyes, who may be going the way of Cheechoo. If DR does want to get under the cap via trade, he may have to give up Hecht instead of Boyes.

I honestly think Boyes can have a great season, but id rather have Hecht becuase i think he is a better playoff player

I honestly think Boyes can have a great season, but id rather have Hecht becuase i think he is a better playoff player

Why do you think this? He hasn't played in a playoff game in 5 years. Hecht isn't a bad player, just slightly overpaid. His inability to be available when we need him most is frustrating. I hope we continue to purge the roster of guys who can't stay healthy.

*If* Luke Adam is ready, moving Hecht makes sense. A 3rd line with Gerbe Adam and Boyes is interesting. And I think Boyes plays to expectations if he is 1. back playing on the wing and 2. playing against inferior players because he is on the 3rd line. Although IMO I think Boyes plays to expectations regardless of his line if he is back on the wing full time. 3rd line just makes it more likely.

I am really curious to see if Lindy is going to go for a 3rd line that's defensively responsible or if we are going to see 3 lines that will be focused on offense.

Archived