Tyler Myers

neverenough

And, as Taro notes, you missed the boat on Edmonton and Gretzky.

And there are other examples as well. Nieuwendyk for Iginla comes to mind. Both teams went to the Finals off that trade. And a young and touted Robyn Regehr moved (with others) to Calgary in exchange for Theo Fleury.

The point is, moving a young, keystone player for an elite player isn't necessarliy a bad move.

And there are other examples as well. Nieuwendyk for Iginla comes to mind. Both teams went to the Finals off that trade. And a young and touted Robyn Regehr moved (with others) to Calgary in exchange for Theo Fleury.

The point is, moving a young, keystone player for an elite player isn't necessarliy a bad move.

The Islanders disagree. :devil:

Sorry, just not a Messier fan. He seems like a dick.

If it takes 23 ###### to win a Stanley cup then sign me up. (hehe)

Do you only like players that are all nice and cuddly like Pominville or Roy? I want players on my team to be ######. There is a reason Messier is considered one of the best leaders ever.

Tyler Myers in all likelihood will be an Elite player. He has shown signs that he can dominate the defensive zone and destroy ppl. He can score important goals or contribute on them. He is 21 years old and any thought of trading him in the next 5 years is premature and fool-hearty. Unless it's myers for malkin, Id walk away from just about any other trade you could come up with.

This whole thread seems based around the idea that you could trade Myers get an elite center than trade or sign Weber in the offseason. There are a lot of "ifs" even if it is just trade Tyler Myers. Myers IMPO will be better than Chara and just because he has high value right now doesnt mean we should trade him. If that was how things happend then we should trade some other ppl too (stafford).

Finally, there seems to be a trend of referring to the defensive depth we have and that Myers is replaceable. I have yet to see another 19 year old defender make the sabres starting roster and win the calder. Myers is a once in generation defender, like Weber before him and I would rather he stay on this team where I believe he will be a superstar within the next 2-3 years then see him traded away for this supposed "elite" player.

For all the instances of trading marquee player and then wining the cup within the next few years how many instances are there of trading the marquee player and then winning nothing? (I am thinking of how Philly could be this year)

Tyler Myers in all likelihood will be an Elite player. He has shown signs that he can dominate the defensive zone and destroy ppl. He can score important goals or contribute on them. He is 21 years old and any thought of trading him in the next 5 years is premature and fool-hearty. Unless it's myers for malkin, Id walk away from just about any other trade you could come up with.

This whole thread seems based around the idea that you could trade Myers get an elite center than trade or sign Weber in the offseason. There are a lot of "ifs" even if it is just trade Tyler Myers. Myers IMPO will be better than Chara and just because he has high value right now doesnt mean we should trade him. If that was how things happend then we should trade some other ppl too (stafford).

Finally, there seems to be a trend of referring to the defensive depth we have and that Myers is replaceable. I have yet to see another 19 year old defender make the sabres starting roster and win the calder. Myers is a once in generation defender, like Weber before him and I would rather he stay on this team where I believe he will be a superstar within the next 2-3 years then see him traded away for this supposed "elite" player.

For all the instances of trading marquee player and then wining the cup within the next few years how many instances are there of trading the marquee player and then winning nothing? (I am thinking of how Philly could be this year)

I've got to agree with at least some of this. While I don't think any player should be considered untouchable in a trade scenario, there isn't a center in the game right now for whom I'd trade Myers.

If it takes 23 ###### to win a Stanley cup then sign me up. (hehe)

Do you only like players that are all nice and cuddly like Pominville or Roy? I want players on my team to be ######. There is a reason Messier is considered one of the best leaders ever.

Absolutely not. My favorite non-Sabre growing up was Cam Neely. My avatar (or whatever it's called) is McCormick. Razor will always be one of my fave Sabres. I love rugged players. I'm not much of a Roy or Pommer fan, although I will always be a fan of farm raised talent.

One of the reasons I say Mess is a dick, is because I have watched him on more than one occasion blow off little kids asking him for an autograph. One of those times, he actually bowled over a kid who couldn't have been more than 7 years old. Great role model, that guy.

Absolutely not. My favorite non-Sabre growing up was Cam Neely. My avatar (or whatever it's called) is McCormick. Razor will always be one of my fave Sabres. I love rugged players. I'm not much of a Roy or Pommer fan, although I will always be a fan of farm raised talent.

One of the reasons I say Mess is a dick, is because I have watched him on more than one occasion blow off little kids asking him for an autograph. One of those times, he actually bowled over a kid who couldn't have been more than 7 years old. Great role model, that guy.

He kind of resembles one in looks, too.

Trading Thornton put Boston in a position to pick up Chara, to try and act like the moves are not directly related is ridiculous. The Bruins made a conscience decision to reallocate their assets.

Whoa .....Thornton was moved ....but there was no relation at the time. How could they have foreseen Ottawa giving up on Chara?

Chiarelli was made GM after the Thorton deal. The player they gave up most directly was Brian Leetch, which ended a disaster season for them.

Whoa .....Thornton was moved ....but there was no relation at the time. How could they have foreseen Ottawa giving up on Chara?

Chiarelli was made GM after the Thorton deal. The player they gave up most directly was Brian Leetch, which ended a disaster season for them.

The Bruins moved Thornton and put themselves in a solid position to jump at the chance to sign Chara. Did they know Chara would be available. Of course not.

The Bruins moved Thornton and put themselves in a solid position to jump at the chance to sign Chara. Did they know Chara would be available. Of course not.

I can see your point...but really the apples to apples move was not re-signing Leetch and dumping Samsonov.

That was the money.

I've got to agree with at least some of this. While I don't think any player should be considered untouchable in a trade scenario, there isn't a center in the game right now for whom I'd trade Myers.

I assume "right now" refers to Crosby's concussion and (perhaps) Malkin's knee. But: Stamkos? Getzlaf? Toews? As I mentioned, I don't want to give up Myers unless it's for one of a half-dozen or so players in the league, and I don't think any of them will be made available (other than Weber), so it's just an academic killing-time-in-August discussion, but I would trade Myers for one of those guys.

:thumbsup:

I assume "right now" refers to Crosby's concussion and (perhaps) Malkin's knee. But: Stamkos? Getzlaf? Toews? As I mentioned, I don't want to give up Myers unless it's for one of a half-dozen or so players in the league, and I don't think any of them will be made available (other than Weber), so it's just an academic killing-time-in-August discussion, but I would trade Myers for one of those guys.

It is just an academic killing-time-in-August discussion, but I wouldn't. Maybe Stamkos.

Myers is set up to have possible the best season a defenseman has ever had in franchise history. He's got a (potential) line partner in Regher who is a stay at home guy, allowing him to get deep in the offensive zone without having to worry about getting back. Although I think Miller is the one who will benefit most from this offseason's acquisitions, Myers is a close second.

He should have a breakout year now, this year really is his. I think we should still depend on him for a no.1 defenseman though, expect him to be that good, even with Ehrhoff and Regehr. I'm most interested in Vanek, Myers and Miller out of our team. Logically they should have great years.

That was what I was getting at is who in this league now would anyone trade for other than Toews maybe or Stamkos? That would be maybe about it and honestly Myers may become as valuable just in a different way.

Untouchable, no.

VERY Unlikely to be moved, yes.

Archived