I missed the SabreSpace 10 year anniversary this year...

SDS

You know, I'm thinkin' these owners are the real deal. They're willing to spend a lot of money, even borrow if necessary, and it looks like they're going to bring a new corporate HQ to downtown Buffalo.

Dude if that works out they might have something cool where the Aud is just rotting in 10 years!

I don't think Lindy knows how to handle big guys like Gratton. Look at how he's handling Andrechuck. We know Andy is better than that. Lindy is making him look like he's out of gas.

You're an idiot. Andreychuk is clearly done. He'll never win anything in this league, not even as a complementary piece.

I think it's time to unload Hasek. He totally folded in the first round last year. And when will they finally fire Ruff? It's been a year and a half since this team was in the Finals and Ruff has done NOTHING.

I'm hearing he wants out.

They should trade for a center, too. That Connolly kid on Long Island is gonna be all-world. They should do whatever it takes to get him.

I think it'll take Peca.

But I think Buffalo will get more coming back.

I'm OK with that. Gratton is the center of our future. Size, skill, hands, grit. And you watch, he'll end up our captain too.

We need to get more players like Gratton. I wonder if the'd give up Taylor Pyatt? He'll be a good power forward in this league.

Doug Janik is looking close to ready, maybe even better than Fitzpatrick......time to give up on Brian Campbell and Henrik Tallinder though.

I love Rhett Warrener but sometimes he gets caught watching the puck instead of finding a man to clear out ... I hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

You're an idiot. Andreychuk is clearly done. He'll never win anything in this league, not even as a complementary piece.

Dammit!!! Boston got that awesome looking defenceman, Shaone Morrisonn three picks ahead of us. Damn that DR!! Why couldnt he have moved up in the draft and snagged that guy. He has Norris wriiten all over him!!!!

Absolutely entertaining.. Well done..

We had it on www.gobuffalo.net/gosabres/ for awhile, then sabresreport.com, then sabrespace.com.

Note, as soon as went went with sabrespace - myspace.com tanked. :lol:

It's still around, but it's dying a slow and painful death. Worse than cancer.

And you know, just know, that those very conversations took place in some form on this board.

Unfortunately, no. I don't think SS came into its own (and even then, it was TSR), until the lockout end seemed imminent. TSR exploded then, with a lot of good folks who still are here now. And it continues to grow (as SS) with more good people, yourself being a prime example.

OTOH, if you want to talk about what online hockey discussions were like before SS/TSR, well, it was usenet Sabres forums. I can explain the mid- to late-nineties and early 00's. It was wild. For one thing, people could, and would, cross-post among forums, meaning that if the Sabs were in a series against Filly (say, 2000 or 2001), there would just be a huge "hey, I'm a better usenet toughguy than you" deal going on. But on the other hand, there was a LOT more crosstalk among fans of different teams, and some of that was a lot of fun. That just doesn't happen now, unless you want to go to HFBoards; I don't, but that's only because one board is enough at this point in my life, and I like this one.

And then there was Skycooke. And Glapski. Anyone remember those, or am I the only one who depended upon the Internet for Sabs talk in 2000?

Unfortunately, no. I don't think SS came into its own (and even then, it was TSR), until the lockout end seemed imminent. TSR exploded then, with a lot of good folks who still are here now. And it continues to grow (as SS) with more good people, yourself being a prime example.

OTOH, if you want to talk about what online hockey discussions were like before SS/TSR, well, it was usenet Sabres forums. I can explain the mid- to late-nineties and early 00's. It was wild. For one thing, people could, and would, cross-post among forums, meaning that if the Sabs were in a series against Filly (say, 2000 or 2001), there would just be a huge "hey, I'm a better usenet toughguy than you" deal going on. But on the other hand, there was a LOT more crosstalk among fans of different teams, and some of that was a lot of fun. That just doesn't happen now, unless you want to go to HFBoards; I don't, but that's only because one board is enough at this point in my life, and I like this one.

And then there was Skycooke. And Glapski. Anyone remember those, or am I the only one who depended upon the Internet for Sabs talk in 2000?

Back in the late '80's/early '90's there weren't even individual team forums. There was 1 hockey forum w/ probably ~100 or so regular posters w/ a handful from Canada and even a couple from across the pond. So it was ENTIRELY cross-talk. For the most part it stayed rather cordial.

That was a major source of current info around the league back then, especially for out of towners, as there wasn't a whole lot of other info out there. THN provided news a few days old, a Sunday subscription to the Snooze (for Jim Kelley's column) would show up around Friday, the Sabres hotline (1-800-333-PUCK, which has long since been retired) was more or less worthless except when a trade happened (although you could phone tree your way through to talk to John Gurtler and find out which satellite feed the Sabres broadcast would come through :thumbsup: ), and ESPN no longer carried hockey games so they didn't cover the league well (realistically, at all).

I remember those two. Skycooke had many user names - usually starting with 'Sky'. I think he lived in Fairport. Our "aptitude and skill" friend reminds me of him.

There was a Listserv run through UB's servers by someone named Valerie. Glapski was on there too but was much more civil than he was on Usenet.

I remember those two. Skycooke had many user names - usually starting with 'Sky'. I think he lived in Fairport. Our "aptitude and skill" friend reminds me of him.

There was a Listserv run through UB's servers by someone named Valerie. Glapski was on there too but was much more civil than he was on Usenet.

He was from Fairport! Glad to see someone remembers. There is no one on here that reminds me of him.

Valerie used to be on the old NHL hockey newsgroup. We were pretty much the only 2 Sabres fans that were regularly on that usenet newsgroup.

From the "Where are they now? department:

http://www.glapski.com/

He has a link to Sabresreport.com on the left side of his page, which redirects here.

I've visited that site once or twice over the years. I actually wish Glapski would come around here and show himself. The dude was hilarious. Signed his posts "Jefferson N. Glapski. The 'N' is for 'Nowledge.'"

Archived