Amerk presser live in Ra-cha-cha.

X. Benedict

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that all Amerks fans are equally tickled (I know that I am), but for that one particular question, the answer might not have been the answer some were looking for. I definitely got the impression that the person asking the question was hoping for more. Perhaps, it was just a typical media move, fishing for problems instead of celebrating the good. So, to avoid doing the same, I am going to shut up, now, and just look forward to watching a f**king great team in Rochester this year!

Rochester's own version of Jerry Sullivan?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that all Amerks fans are equally tickled (I know that I am), but for that one particular question, the answer might not have been the answer some were looking for. I definitely got the impression that the person asking the question was hoping for more. Perhaps, it was just a typical media move, fishing for problems instead of celebrating the good. So, to avoid doing the same, I am going to shut up, now, and just look forward to watching a f**king great team in Rochester this year!

It's all good. I noticed the hesitancy.

Contextually the reporter's question sounded like:

Do we get an unlimited budget like Buffalo so we can win the Calder?

We didn't get a "From today, the Rochester American's reason for existence is to win the Calder." But we are still probably getting more than we could have expected one year ago.

You will get your other question mark McNabb though. The big mystery for that team will be the goalie situation though. Leggio was solid, but can he keep that going?

If not, good AHL goalies are pretty easy to find. I imagine T-Pegs won't let a sieve stand between the pipes all year.

Just looking over that roster, the Amerks look to be long on grit and toughness. The skill level is potentially good but they may need another vet or two down the middle(imagine that). Maybe the Sabres can get 4 centers on Friday, two for Buffalo, two for Rochester. :D

It's all good. I noticed the hesitancy.

Contextually the reporter's question sounded like:

Do we get an unlimited budget like Buffalo so we can win the Calder?

We didn't get a "From today, the Rochester American's reason for existence is to win the Calder." But we are still probably getting more than we could have expected one year ago.

I grew up in Rochester, and I'm still an amerks fan, but I didn't ever really want this. I want, "from today the rochester american's reason for existance is to help the Sabres win the Stanley Cup."

People in Cincinnati were pretty stoked when Carolina (formerly affiliated with the cincinnati cyclones) won the cup. I think it's the same for rochester. calder is nice, stanley is infinately more important.

I grew up in Rochester, and I'm still an amerks fan, but I didn't ever really want this. I want, "from today the rochester american's reason for existance is to help the Sabres win the Stanley Cup."

People in Cincinnati were pretty stoked when Carolina (formerly affiliated with the cincinnati cyclones) won the cup. I think it's the same for rochester. calder is nice, stanley is infinately more important.

I think clearly Pegula was ready to talk about the Sabres regionalization and how the Amerks fit in. He caught the nuance of the reporter's question, hesitated and deferred. I can't blame him.

I'm also not clear on the standing of the lease....I'm assuming that the Knighthawks may hold the lease on Blue Cross.

If not, good AHL goalies are pretty easy to find. I imagine T-Pegs won't let a sieve stand between the pipes all year.

Just looking over that roster, the Amerks look to be long on grit and toughness. The skill level is potentially good but they may need another vet or two down the middle(imagine that). Maybe the Sabres can get 4 centers on Friday, two for Buffalo, two for Rochester. :D

They pretty much have to sign someone for Rochester. If Buffalo does intend on going with Enroth as the #2, they're going to want a veteran stashed in the AHL in case of injury. I can't see this team moving forward with Leggio as their #3 goalie.

They pretty much have to sign someone for Rochester. If Buffalo does intend on going with Enroth as the #2, they're going to want a veteran stashed in the AHL in case of injury. I can't see this team moving forward with Leggio as their #3 goalie.

good point, but who would we be able to grab on the market??

I found it interesting that it was said in another thread how Kim Pegula was big in Regehr coming to Buffalo after talking to his wife and now Terry said that "things started to heat up" when Kim took his place going to a Bandits game and sat with Styres.

Terry may be a good owner, but he's no closer. Couldn't do it without Kim. What a hoser.

Breaking......

Western New York (WNY) is now to be referred to as Pegula New York. (PNY)

Hmmm ... if we separate from New York City at some point, could rest of New York become the state of Pegula? A lot of states end in "a".

Wait, would Golisano run for Governor of Pegula? That would be weird.

Hmmm ... if we separate from New York City at some point, could rest of New York become the state of Pegula? A lot of states end in "a".

Wait, would Golisano run for Governor of Pegula? That would be weird.

I think Pegula would be ruled by a queen.

Pulled out of today's D&C article:

Teaching the skills and the nuances of professional hockey to NHL prospects is becoming even more of a priority for the Buffalo Sabres, which is why new owner Terry Pegula views the Rochester Americans as "the University of Sabres."

Love it. He plans to dump a lot of effort ($$$, personnel) into a serious redevelopment of our player development system. Much like our already-efficient-on-a-tight-budget scouting department getting more resources, our already-pretty-good player development system is getting a big boost as well.

Time will tell of the results and achievements of all of this, but as far as getting the improvement wheels in motion, it seems Pegula can do no wrong.

Archived