Amerk presser live in Ra-cha-cha.

X. Benedict

I found it interesting that it was said in another thread how Kim Pegula was big in Regehr coming to Buffalo after talking to his wife and now Terry said that "things started to heat up" when Kim took his place going to a Bandits game and sat with Styres.

I'm not sure that Terry's answer to what he will do to show that the financial chains are off or Rochester like the are in Buffalo will quite satisfy fans/media here in Rochester. Doesn't mean that they won't field a more competitive team by increasing training time and other player resources, but there won't be flashy improvements like there are in Buffalo.

I'm not sure that Terry's answer to what he will do to show that the financial chains are off or Rochester like the are in Buffalo will quite satisfy fans/media here in Rochester. Doesn't mean that they won't field a more competitive team by increasing training time and other player resources, but there won't be flashy improvements like there are in Buffalo.

I think he was being sensitive to the context. Styres etc....were in the room, weren't they?

I couldn't quite tell.

I think he was being sensitive to the context. Styres etc....were in the room, weren't they?

I couldn't quite tell.

He mentioned two names (including Styres) from the old management and said that he saw one (not Styres) in the back. Not sure if he just missed Styres or if he wasn't there. There were some possible answers that could have been given without insulting them, though. Add on the comment about televising fewer games and the impression was definitely that, while they will do things to be competitive, they're definitely treating it like a development league (which it is) and will add money to improve development. Anyone who was hoping for Terry to throw millions at making over BCA or anything like that will probably be a little disappointed.

Again, I have no problem with that. I'm definitely happy to have the relationship back. $10/game season ticket prices with the same guarantee that Sabres' STH get is great. I'm just saying that those who care about the Amerks, first and foremost, probably didn't like that answer.

A buddy of mine, who posts here infrequently, bought seasons, contemplating the venture myself.

I think I might go for this:

The Amerks will also offer a 10-Pack for $14 per ticket (a $140 package), providing fans with the flexibility to redeem a total of 10 ticket vouchers for any home game, in any amount, in any seating level (based on availability).

Again, I have no problem with that. I'm definitely happy to have the relationship back. $10/game season ticket prices with the same guarantee that Sabres' STH get is great. I'm just saying that those who care about the Amerks, first and foremost, probably didn't like that answer.

I have no problem with the current arena, it's old but the 90's renovations aren't obsolete. I think any Amerks fan is ###### tickled pink at this whole process and is just happy to have the affiliation back.

Not to mention their team next year has the potential to be stacked a lot like the team during the lockout. Back then it was Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Gaustad, Paille, Thorburn, paetsch and Miller.

This year could be Adam, Foligno, Kassian, Kotalik, Morrison, Brennan, Scheistal, McNabb (?), Pysyk, Catenacci (?)...exciting times.

I have no problem with the current arena, it's old but the 90's renovations aren't obsolete. I think any Amerks fan is ###### tickled pink at this whole process and is just happy to have the affiliation back.

Not to mention their team next year has the potential to be stacked a lot like the team during the lockout. Back then it was Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Gaustad, Paille, Thorburn, paetsch and Miller.

This year could be Adam, Foligno, Kassian, Kotalik, Morrison, Brennan, Scheistal, McNabb (?), Pysyk, Catenacci (?)...exciting times.

Pysyk will be back in juniors. As will be Catenacci.

Ummm...... shouldn't Pegs be busy signing our RFAs and getting ready for Friday? :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, when does the AHL schedule come out?

Also, what did season tickets cost previously?

Is there an upper limit on number of STH's?

Thanks, know all the prospects that will be in Rochester...since you are so versed in the subject.

Forwards

Luke Adam

Zack Kassian

Marcus Foligno

Corey Tropp

Jacob Legace

Shawn Szydlowski

Maxime Legault

Riley Boychuk

Defensemen

TJ Brennan

Drew Schiestel

Brayden McNabb

Nick Crawford

Alex Biega

Corey Fienhage

Goalies

David Leggio

Nathan Lieuwen

Unsigned but should be signed and in Rochester

Dennis Persson

Travis Turnbull

Dennis McCauley

Potential send downs

Shoene Morrisson

Ales Kotalik

Thanks, know all the prospects that will be in Rochester...since you are so versed in the subject.

You will get your other question mark McNabb though. The big mystery for that team will be the goalie situation though. Leggio was solid, but can he keep that going?

I had the pleasure of attending the presser today. There were many faces from the past there like Jody Gage, Rory Fitzpatrick and Geordie Robertson. It was also great to see Ted Nolan there, as well as Don Stevens, the county executive, and the mayor (who had a funny exchange with Terry and Ted over this whole Rochester as a suburb thing).

The one quote from Terry/Ted that stuck with me was "This is not an affiliation, it's a reunification." From the news on the $10/game season tickets to the between-the-lines promise to sign the maximum 5 vets to the "University of Sabres" concept, there was all kinds of feel-good down at the old War Memorial. Classy shout outs to Portland ("This wasn't about leaving Portland, it was about arriving in Rochester.") and the former ownership team, of whom Terry said he now considers to be his friends. This community is excited and Amerks hockey is not only back as the main event in this town, I predict it will be bigger than ever.

Folks...we no longer root for a Mickey Mouse operation that does just enough to get close but not close enough. The Buffalo Sabres and Rochester Americans now have a first-class owner and organization committed to winning and doing things right on every level. These are the good old days, guys. I can't wait for what the future holds.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that all Amerks fans are equally tickled (I know that I am), but for that one particular question, the answer might not have been the answer some were looking for. I definitely got the impression that the person asking the question was hoping for more. Perhaps, it was just a typical media move, fishing for problems instead of celebrating the good. So, to avoid doing the same, I am going to shut up, now, and just look forward to watching a f**king great team in Rochester this year!

Archived