All About Dan Carcillo

Robviously

as is tyler kennedy.

http://www.pensburgh.com/2011/6/27/2247280/tyler-kennedy-not-given-qualified-offer-becomes-unrestricted-free

there's a handful of these surprising non-tenders trickling out. maybe warrants a re-naming of this thread?

it looks like in kennedy's case, shero didn't want to risk going to arb and that he will continue to pursue kennedy as a UFA.

as is tyler kennedy.

http://www.pensburgh.com/2011/6/27/2247280/tyler-kennedy-not-given-qualified-offer-becomes-unrestricted-free

there's a handful of these surprising non-tenders trickling out. maybe warrants a re-naming of this thread?

it looks like in kennedy's case, shero didn't want to risk going to arb and that he will continue to pursue kennedy as a UFA.

Now that's intriguing. The Sabres need depth at center. However, he would not fit the bill of a top line centerman of the ilk we all have been talking about. However, getting a guy like Kennedy and re-signing Connolly as a third line depth center and re-signing McCormick gives you more center depth with Roy, Kennedy, Connolly, and Gaustad with McCormick, Hecht, Boyes, and Kotalik all with the ability to step-in and play center if necessary. Doing this would likely give the Sabres enough cap room (after trading Morrisson) to go after another defenseman in the way of Christian Ehrhoff or Tomas Kaberle. That would be really interesting if the Sabres made a play for Kennedy and it would give the Sabres the record for the most number of Tylers on one team.

Now that's intriguing. The Sabres need depth at center. However, he would not fit the bill of a top line centerman of the ilk we all have been talking about. However, getting a guy like Kennedy and re-signing Connolly as a third line depth center and re-signing McCormick gives you more center depth with Roy, Kennedy, Connolly, and Gaustad with McCormick, Hecht, Boyes, and Kotalik all with the ability to step-in and play center if necessary. Doing this would likely give the Sabres enough cap room (after trading Morrisson) to go after another defenseman in the way of Christian Ehrhoff or Tomas Kaberle. That would be really interesting if the Sabres made a play for Kennedy and it would give the Sabres the record for the most number of Tylers on one team.

Kennedy plays with a chip. I like him, but isn't he a RW?

Kennedy plays with a chip. I like him, but isn't he a RW?

According to Hockeydb, he is listed as a center: HockeyDB

On Wikipedia, he is listed as a Centre/Right Wing. I have only seen him play center, and I know he regularly took faceoffs for the Pens on their third line when Staal was out, and was very good in the faceoff department.

So, given that, I believe his natural position is likely center, but he can play right wing when all of the centers on the Pens are healthy. This kind of like what the Sabres used to do with Adam Mair and others. He'd be an interesting pickup for sure and allow the Sabres to upgrade even more along the blueline.

According to Hockeydb, he is listed as a center: HockeyDB

On Wikipedia, he is listed as a Centre/Right Wing. I have only seen him play center, and I know he regularly took faceoffs for the Pens on their third line when Staal was out, and was very good in the faceoff department.

So, given that, I believe his natural position is likely center, but he can play right wing when all of the centers on the Pens are healthy. This kind of like what the Sabres used to do with Adam Mair and others. He'd be an interesting pickup for sure and allow the Sabres to upgrade even more along the blueline.

He took 60 faceoffs last year and only won 27 of them (45%); about the same the year before. Mair wasn't much better, but I need to know more about his history playing at center before thinking about signing him. Gerbe's listed as a center everywhere, too, but we all know that's not his natural position.

Story here.

Sweet. We should pick him up; Gerbe could use a guy to carry his stuff around for him. Maybe stand behind the bench in a track suit and keep the Gatorade bottles filled. Make it happen, T-Pegs.

They could put a dunk tank in that area where Sabretooth's house used to be. I bet they could fund half the payroll through that alone. I know I'd put down a bunch of money there. I'd be throwing at his head though.

He took 60 faceoffs last year and only won 27 of them (45%); about the same the year before. Mair wasn't much better, but I need to know more about his history playing at center before thinking about signing him. Gerbe's listed as a center everywhere, too, but we all know that's not his natural position.

Please don't get me started on that one again.

They could put a dunk tank in that area where Sabretooth's house used to be. I bet they could fund half the payroll through that alone. I know I'd put down a bunch of money there. I'd be throwing at his head though.

Please don't get me started on that one again.

It would take me a LONG time to get to my seat

They could move the tank out for the party in the plaza. I bet they could pack that place even in the dead of winter.

I bet they'd pack it better in the dead of winter. Between it being more fun throwing snowballs rather than softballs, and him not only getting dunked but getting hypothermia as well; what's not to love?

I heard Tyler Seguin is a center as well. *hint *hint

Archived