My Dream Scenario

sabres1970

The Devils know Parise isn't happy in NJersey, that's why the went with CLUB elected arbitration.

The arbitrator will give a one year contract to him and he'll HAVE TO take it. He has no choice. He'll be a free agent on July 1, 2012.

The Devils know Parise isn't happy in NJersey, that's why the went with CLUB elected arbitration.

The arbitrator will give a one year contract to him and he'll HAVE TO take it. He has no choice. He'll be a free agent on July 1, 2012.

And that's when we should pounce!

I'm remain convinced Parise is Target A for the Sabres. Young, talented and gritty.

Getting him depends on whether he wants to stay in New Jersey.

If he wants to be there, he will sign a long-term deal before arbitration.

If he doesn't, that's where things get interesting.

New Jersey can take him arbitration, create a huge cap crunch for themselves and wave bye to him for a rental fee at the deadline.

Or they can trade him this summer to a team that can sign him to a long-term deal for a much better return.

Lou is a smart guy. He'll make the summer time deal.

It's up to Darcy to make sure that deal is with us.

If Zach's buddy Staff has sold him on hockey heaven, I believe it is just a matter of time.

BUt as I said up top, it's all about whether or not Parise wants to stay in Jersey.

My dream scenario is that Kassian kicks the crap out of Lucic anytime they face those bunch of goons from Boston. Or that Kassian/Lucic become the next Ray/Domi rivalry.

I know for a fact they trained together last summer. I don't recall who the third man in on the training sessions was, but from what i understand, stafford and parise are in fact good friends

weren't they together at North Dakota as well?

Maybe Parise is to credit for Drew putting down the guitar and working hard in the summer.

So if it's all about the Stafford-Parise connection, why stop there? Let's bring in Toews, Zajac, and Oshie too.

so our lines would be,

Vanek - Toews - Boyes

Parise - Zajac - Stafford

Ennis - Roy - Kassian

Gerbe - Oshie - Kaleta

Yea, i think we could all live with that... and the 3 Stanley cups it would bring. Sadly I noticed your sarcasm but I figured I would throw the lines out anyways lol... this waiting is killing me.

i'm excited to see what kassian can do, but i am tempering my expectations. i also don't see him as the sort of talent that absolutely MUST play in the nhl from the get-go (shoot, vanek didn't do that) -- a tour in the A (in the Roc!) could do him a world of good. not saying he'd end the year there, but let the boy get good and hungry.

i'm excited to see what kassian can do, but i am tempering my expectations. i also don't see him as the sort of talent that absolutely MUST play in the nhl from the get-go (shoot, vanek didn't do that) -- a tour in the A (in the Roc!) could do him a world of good. not saying he'd end the year there, but let the boy get good and hungry.

To be fair, there was no NHL season the year he played in the A. But for the lockout, who knows where he would have played.

So if it's all about the Stafford-Parise connection, why stop there? Let's bring in Toews, Zajac, and Oshie too.

Caution: Sarcasm Included - Hey, maybe we are going to trade THEM Stafford, a 3rd, and get Kovalchuk in return. Then we trade Kovalchuk and a first for a #1 center then have no draft this year!

Caution: Sarcasm Included - Hey, maybe we are going to trade THEM Stafford, a 3rd, and get Kovalchuk in return. Then we trade Kovalchuk and a first for a #1 center then have no draft this year!

I like it. We acquire Parise and Zajac from NJ, and then immediately send them back there for Kovalchuk. It reminds me of the travels of Stephane Beauregard back in the summer of 1992 in the Hasek trade.

I like it. We acquire Parise and Zajac from NJ, and then immediately send them back there for Kovalchuk. It reminds me of the travels of Stephane Beauregard back in the summer of 1992 in the Hasek trade.

Nice.

1992-Jun-15 Traded from Winnipeg Jets to Buffalo Sabres for Christian Ruuttu and future considerations

1992-Aug-07 Traded from Buffalo Sabres with future considerations to Chicago Blackhawks for Dominik Hasek

1992-Aug-10 Traded from Chicago Blackhawks to Winnipeg Jets for Christian Ruuttu

1992-Oct-01 Traded from Winnipeg Jets to Philadelphia Flyers for future considerations and round 3 pick in the 1993 draft

1993-Jun-11 Traded from Philadelphia Flyers to Winnipeg Jets for round 3 pick in the 1993 draft and round 5 pick in the 1994 draft

Winnipeg fans must have been dumbfounded.

Nice.

I never knew he was traded away from Winnipeg then brought back a second time. At least there was close to a year in between with those Philly deals though. And hey, it looks like Philly even got their 3rd round pick. I'd love to hear the specifics of the future considerations in both of those deals.

I know for a fact they trained together last summer. I don't recall who the third man in on the training sessions was, but from what i understand, stafford and parise are in fact good friends

Tallinder? :bag:

Sorry...only 11 days to go...

Archived