My Dream Scenario

sabres1970

I am totally for reserving a roster spot for Kassian because I think he can turn out to be a similar player to one of the most well rounded forwards in the league, Milan Lucic. Here's how they compare:

Size:

-Lucic 6'3 218 lbs.

-Kassian 6'3 210 lbs.

Scoring ability:

-Lucic 30 G, 32 A.

-Kassian 26 G, 51 A, (56 game OHL season).

PIM:

-Lucic 121

-Kassian 67 (again, in a 56 game OHL season).

Now granted NHL play is obviously much more intense and demanding than OHL play but Kassian's numbers in only a 56 game season are exceptional. We know what kind of physical game he can play and I'm definitely on his bandwagon. But we've also seen Lucic beat us on both ends of the ice numerous times, and I for one desperately want a player like him doing the same for us in the future. Thoughts?

I think he spends the year in Rochester. :-)

Haha :thumbsup: I think everyone here is rooting for Kassian big time. The others I will be very curious about come September are Luke Adam and Foligno. Remember that Adam played in a handful of games with the Sabres this past spring.

Byron is the one that seems a mystery to me.

I do not want Kassian moved this summer unless it is for a blockbuster move. This team has never had a player with the potential of Kassian. May was supposed to be that guy but it didn't quite kappen.

Kassian represents something this team always said it needed but never was able to get. Foligno might be the closest thing we've ever had to a Neely/Lucic/Clark. Hopefully Kassian can be that 30g 150ppm monster on the RW.

Hyped mid level because he represents all that is missing in the sabres lineup in toughness,excitement and push-back that this team desperately needs to compete in the playoffs specifically. It may take some time in development but if he turns out to be even 75% of the player we hope for it will be an improvement on some of the listless floaters we've come to cheer for in the past.

That's over the top, I worry you're going to be disappointed in Kassian. I think he has 3rd line banger written all over him.

I have to agree. I'm sorry, but until this guy does it consistently in at least the AHL, I'm tempering my expectations. I HOPE he's the real deal and we end up with Lucic 2.0. However, I fear that his perceived value is based on the lack of such a player here than what he may truly be worth. We shall see.

I think Lucic 2.0 is likely. Cam Neely is unlikely.

But there is a decent chance he lacks the discipline to ever be more than a tease.

The Hockey News Future Watch — based on the opinions of scouts, GMs and player personnel types has Kassian ranked 14th.

I remember when Erik Rasmussen was top 5.

I probably should trade him for Mike Richards if that deal came along. But I'd be scared to pull the trigger

And I wouldn't be too surprised if I'm kicking myself for saying that three years later.

Has there ever been a more hyped mid level prospect in the history of the NHL?

Are you surprised? This is a fan based desperate for this franchise to add a real physical presence.

My main concern about Kassian is that he won;t be allowed to become the player we are all hoping for. Look what Status Quo did to Paul Gaustad. I fear the same fate for Kassian. :(

Are you surprised? This is a fan based desperate to this this franchise add a real physical presence.

My main concern about Kassian is that he won;t be allowed to become the player we are all hoping for. Look what Status Quo did to Paul Gaustad. I fear the same fate for Kassian. :(

It's not Status Quo's fault that Gaustad doesn't skate well enough to get in position to hit guys when they actually still have the puck, nor to recover if he hits them just after they get rid of it. As a result, he ends up not hitting anyone.

Kassian is exciting but also far from untouchable as far as I am concerned. If someone wants him in a deal for a top center or even the right partner for Myers, let them assume the risk that he gets his head screwed on straight and develops into something ... pull the trigger.

Are you surprised? This is a fan based desperate to this this franchise add a real physical presence.

Status Quo didn't make Goose skate like a rusty Maytag washing machine....God did.

God gave Gaustad ballz, Status Quo took them away.

Ok, but even before status quo took his balls, he couldn't skate for Sh%t. Debatable which is more responsible for him being a disappointment, being neutered or having no mobility.

Ok, but even before status quo took his balls, he couldn't skate for Sh%t. Debatable which is more responsible for him being a disappointment, being neutered or having no mobility.

Being neutered by a long shot. Gaustad was always a limited player who brought one thing to the ice the Sabres desperately needed. That Gaustad is gone.

Being neutered by a long shot. Gaustad was always a limited player who brought one thing to the ice the Sabres desperately needed. That Gaustad is gone.

That was the old, fossil fuel Gaustad. Behold, a greener mother earthly Gaustad.

Kassian for Parise??? I'd do that deal in a split second but Lamorello wouldn't be that dumb. Parise is just what we need to fix our left wing problem.

Kassian is obviously an unknown quantity, but from what we can tell at this point, he has temper issues and does not demonstrate Neely-like abilities. He can bull his way to the net, but does he have the soft hands? I don't think so.

A third or fourth line player is more probable than the savior we are all hoping for. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Kassian for Parise??? I'd do that deal in a split second but Lamorello wouldn't be that dumb. Parise is just what we need to fix our left wing problem.

Kassian is obviously an unknown quantity, but from what we can tell at this point, he has temper issues and does not demonstrate Neely-like abilities. He can bull his way to the net, but does he have the soft hands? I don't think so.

A third or fourth line player is more probable than the savior we are all hoping for. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm trying to be realistic.

A very good idea but the Devils just offered Parise arbitration so I doubt they will move him.

Archived