Brian McCutcheon let go

Two or less

Just heard someone tell me Kevyn Adams is getting promoted to assistant coach. Looking for link.

He's replacing Brian McCutcheon, who will be moved to scout or maybe even AHL head coach for Sabres affiliate.

Can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm it needs to happen. Although I'm not sure this was what I was expecting if true. I was expecting a a new assistant coach whose specialty would be the pp.

Because its been just this side of atrotious for a couple years now? It was better this year, but definetly still needs work.

Where was their PP ranked this year?

Just because every armchair PP QB thinks the PP sucks, doesn't mean that Darcy and co believe the same. Afterall, this is hockey heaven now where everyone is wonderful and nobody speaks poorly of anyone involved with the team.

Where was their PP ranked this year?

Just because every armchair PP QB thinks the PP sucks, doesn't mean that Darcy and co believe the same. Afterall, this is hockey heaven now where everyone is wonderful and nobody speaks poorly of anyone involved with the team.

The numbers suggest it's not as bad as it seems to most:

2010-2011 - 9th overall

2009-2010 - 17th

2008-2009 - 7th

NHL.com has a stats page that allows you to pull up each year.

Just heard someone tell me Kevyn Adams is getting promoted to assistant coach. Looking for link.

He's replacing Brian McCutcheon, who will be moved to scout or maybe even AHL head coach for Sabres affiliate.

Can anyone confirm this?

I think McCutcheon would be moved to scout before coaching in the AHL again. He coached the Amerks years ago and going back to the AHL seems like a step backwards.

The numbers suggest it's not as bad as it seems to most:

2010-2011 - 9th overall

2009-2010 - 17th

2008-2009 - 7th

NHL.com has a stats page that allows you to pull up each year.

Numbers are just numbers. They don't score on the PP when they need to, that's the problem with it. Against teams that know how to bring pressure our PP never gets set up, much less converts. Those stats don't tell the whole story.

Numbers are just numbers. They don't score on the PP when they need to, that's the problem with it. Against teams that know how to bring pressure our PP never gets set up, much less converts. Those stats don't tell the whole story.

Agreed, im not a big stats guy, so I comment on what I see. Our power play looks awful, I am shocked to see 7th in the league. We had terrible puck movement and did not take great shots, we were also near the worst in the league in SH goals against if I remember correctly. Even our 5-3 was terrible. Our PP system needs an overhaul badly

I'm not exactly sure what to make of this. I know McCutcheon ran special teams. Special teams have generally been up and down during his tenure without a lot of consistency, but they seemed to perform well statistically this past season. The only thing I will say both statistically and anecdotally, the Sabres Special Teams have not seemed anywhere near as good as they were during the 2005-2006 season when Arniel ran Special Teams. The PK was not only excellent, they also seemed to generate a ton of offense, especially during the playoffs. Interesting news nonetheless.

Why?

Because coaching has no salary cap and Lindy should be hands off on the pp. Remember last year against Boston in the playoffs when he said neither team would get a pp goal only to watch Boston get three I think? Anyway, after all the misses and another early exit, something needs to change. I am not thinking that Kevyn Adams is the wonderkind to fix the issue. But I do know what I got in Brian and as we all know Lindy aint goin nowhere so time to sacrifice an assistant and cross your fingers.

I also think Scotty Bowman could be brought in to work as an assistant behind the bench as a pp coach only during games that RJ is calling though.

:w00t:

Because coaching has no salary cap and Lindy should be hands off on the pp. Remember last year against Boston in the playoffs when he said neither team would get a pp goal only to watch Boston get three I think? Anyway, after all the misses and another early exit, something needs to change. I am not thinking that Kevyn Adams is the wonderkind to fix the issue. But I do know what I got in Brian and as we all know Lindy aint goin nowhere so time to sacrifice an assistant and cross your fingers.

I also think Scotty Bowman could be brought in to work as an assistant behind the bench as a pp coach only during games that RJ is calling though.

:w00t:

If.....in fact it is Foligno coming in, I fully expect AirPegula to be making a trip to Minny and trying to convince Mr. Ramsey that he can do a lot more good for the family with a $#!t-load of Benjamins than showing up at their Pee-wee games.

I think some kind of shake up behind the bench was due, was McCUTCHEON a scapegoat, could be, but I think that our special teams were not as good as the rankings show. I would of thought that our PK would of been higher ranked (#13) than the PP (#9), I was surprised to see otherwise. Two parts of the special teams that were very bad were the short handed goals against (13) and short handed goals scored (2) both ranked 29th. There just seemed too many times when we really needed that PP goal we fell short. Of course the majority of the blame lays on the players, but somebody had to pay for it. I give the move a :thumbsup: . As for replacing McCUTCHEON I prefer FOLIGNO.

Paul Hamilton just tweeted this-

We have learned that Ruff has let Brian McCutcheon go from his staff. Foligno and Adams in the running to replace him.

http://api.twitter.com/#!/pham22758/status/76107656259059712

geez - i'd much prefer to see foligno at left wing rather than behind the bench.

geez - i'd much prefer to see foligno at left wing rather than behind the bench.

Definitely. (Well, I'd prefer they play him on the right side, but I get the sentiment.) Especially after his kid is on the big squad, he could hurt himself or one of the wingers doing his goal celebration from behind the bench. ;)

Definitely. (Well, I'd prefer they play him on the right side, but I get the sentiment.) Especially after his kid is on the big squad, he could hurt himself or one of the wingers doing his goal celebration from behind the bench. ;)

Well he would definitely be able to teach our players how to play through a broken nose or two... that thing is legendary :thumbsup:

So when Winnipeg cleans out their front office; what do people think about Rick Dudley & Craig Ramsay for positions with the Sabres?

I'm guessing Dudley ends up with an extension if he's willing work out of the peg.

I don't care who the asst coach is as long as he knows how coach up the pp. Lindy can stick his nose in the pk but is proven clueless on pp.

So when Winnipeg cleans out their front office; what do people think about Rick Dudley & Craig Ramsay for positions with the Sabres?

Interesting. Maybe, i heard a rumor Ron Hextall may be Winnipeg's GM... which would mean Dudley would be out of a job.

Archived