Marcus Foligno

tom webster

They could have been anticipating Kassian's arrival though, especially since he already had a contract.

Foligno is probably not interested in signing an ATO since he knows he earned himself a nice entry level contract (which the Sabres probably aren't in a rush to give him right now).

So he doesn't want an ATO and the Sabre probably want him to sign an entry level contract and start fresh in Portland next Fall.

I've been wondering about this also. I don't know how true it is, but I know I saw it somewhere that he was battling a knee injury during the playoffs. Maybe the Sabres decided it would be better if he just got healthy for training camp.

I've been wondering about this also. I don't know how true it is, but I know I saw it somewhere that he was battling a knee injury during the playoffs. Maybe the Sabres decided it would be better if he just got healthy for training camp.

This is most likely explanation.

This is from the 4/14 post at Sabresprospects.com. No mention of an injury. Just the opposite, the writer expected Foligno to be in Portland on a tryout contract.

Marcus Foligno scored a goal and an assist Wednesday in what should be the final game of his junior career as Sudbury was swept via a 4-3 overtime loss to Mississauga. The 6’3 winger, who #1 star of the game reminded folks that he wasn't eager to complete his OHL playing days, ends his playoff year with two goals, one assist, one fight, and a -10 rating in eight games. Barring injury, Foligno is expected to report to the Portland Pirates in the coming days on an ATO to hopefully extend his physical brand for a few more weeks of action.

Don't know if any of you follow Kris Baker on the Twit, but he posted this Saturday:

I *suspect* an injury hangover from the OHL season may have prevented Foligno from going to AHL. Deal will get done for next yr.

That's like Kalinin level. I mean isn't that damn near impossible on a playoff team, at any level?

They lost to Mississauga in 3 games, 3-2, 6-3, 4-3. So Miss. scored 13 goals against Sudbury and Foligno was on the ice for 10 of them at even strength. :blink: :bag:

Not one of his better stretches methinks.

They lost to Mississauga in 3 games, 3-2, 6-3, 4-3. So Miss. scored 13 goals against Sudbury and Foligno was on the ice for 10 of them at even strength. :blink: :bag:

He would have fit right in with the Pirates through 2 periods tonight! 5-1 Binghamton and the shots are completely lopsided in favor of the Sens. Enroth has been put in. Why the hell wasn't Enroth starting???????

What? All OHL series are best of 7. Sudbury lost to Mississauga in 4 games. You missed the score from Game 1 which was 8-5. So they had 21 goals against that series. But it was also the second round. They swept Ottawa in the first round with scores of 8-7, 5-3, 5-4, 5-3.

What? All OHL series are best of 7. Sudbury lost to Mississauga in 4 games. You missed the score from Game 1 which was 8-5. So they had 21 goals against that series. But it was also the second round. They swept Ottawa in the first round with scores of 8-7, 5-3, 5-4, 5-3.

:oops:

The schedule page on the Wolves website only listed 3 games. I guess it looks a little better, Foligno was on the ice for just under half of all of the Mississauga goals. :sick:

:oops:

The schedule page on the Wolves website only listed 3 games. I guess it looks a little better, Foligno was on the ice for just under half of all of the Mississauga goals. :sick:

Oh it's definetly a poor effort for sure. But 10 of 13 goals against is absolutely outrageous.

I'm hoping that Foligno does have an injury of some kind (not serious of course) because I thought the kid showed a lot of heart playing for Canada at the world juniors. He was a long shot to make the team going into camp but made it. Also, he was always one of the first guys going after a loose puck in the corner or along the boards. An injury may explain his poor playoff performance.

He would have fit right in with the Pirates through 2 periods tonight! 5-1 Binghamton and the shots are completely lopsided in favor of the Sens. Enroth has been put in. Why the hell wasn't Enroth starting???????

Because Enroth was horrible in game 2. He really wasn't that good all year except for his stretch in Buffalo.

Marcus Foligno is only a month away from being eligible to re-enter the draft. Darcy hasn't signed him yet, so he is ineligible to play in Portland. The negotiations are going slow.

WTF is Darcy doing? Foligno is one of our best forward prospects right now.

stinky linky

He'll get signed. I was following his playoffs a bit. It sounds like a bum knee was really hurting him in the OHL playoffs so healing and not getting him to Portland was the priority.

I think $900,000 NHL is close to his max for entry level.

Anyway...I'll hang onto the "looks good" part. It's not like the parties don't want each other.

Same old Darcy? You do realize that pretty much every top prospect in the system in recent years has signed well ahead of time, right?

I am well aware of that fact. I am also aware of Darcy's history of waiting until the last minute with looming free agents and RFA's.

Under Pegula, it is supposed to be a kinder, gentler OSP. Money is no object (except for the cap). Who cares what the AHL side of this two way, 3 year, entry level contract pays, so what are they arguing about - 800K vs. 850K when he is with the big club? Screwing with one of the top junior prospects in your system is not the way to change the tone and the perception of the Buffalo Sabres organization.

The next 3 months in Buffalo are going to show whether Darcy was simply a victim of circumstances - a loyal soldier who would have already won us a cup if not hamstrung and handcuffed by Larry, Tom and Curly - or whether he shared their mindset.

The jury is still out. Maybe GoDD's Uncle Vinny can give us some odds

Archived