Zack kassin at it again

bobs0108

I'm sorry if this has been discussed in another thread but Zack has been suspended 4 games for a slash and cross-check after a goal

http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/news_item.php?NewsID=34522

Hate to say it, but I am okay with this kid. Wouldnt you have liked to see this kid play vs the Flyers? I am having visions of Mike Richards involved.

Hate to say it, but I am okay with this kid. Wouldnt you have liked to see this kid play vs the Flyers? I am having visions of Mike Richards involved.

I'm ok with his mean streak but just not dirty play not sure why he did this one but I'm afraid that he will have a reputation that the ref's will watching for. I would of loved to see him end Richards!

I hope he makes the team next year. A line of Kassian, Kaleta, Weber, Myers and either Griere or Niedermeyer just to make sure someone stays on the ice would be awesome. Shift Foligno for Grier and McNabb or Weber and it could be a nice bash 5some.

I'm ok with his mean streak but just not dirty play not sure why he did this one but I'm afraid that he will have a reputation that the ref's will watching for. I would of loved to see him end Richards!

I'll be honest, I have not invested alot into the serious goons this season around the league, but I assume that there are few more Carcillos/Avery's sprinkled out there and a few "clean cut" Richards out there as well that deserve a vigilante visit.

After thumbing through all the Colin Campbell garbage recently, I come to a conclusion to hold your own until further notice.

Welcome to the board Bobs!

I'll be honest, I have not invested alot into the serious goons this season around the league, but I assume that there are few more Carcillos/Avery's sprinkled out there and a few "clean cut" Richards out there as well that deserve a vigilante visit.

After thumbing through all the Colin Campbell garbage recently, I come to a conclusion to hold your own until further notice.

Welcome to the board Bobs!

Thanks I have been reading this board for over a year and decided this was a God topic to start. I also didn't want him to really hurt Richard's bad just beat on him so he would think twice and get him off his game. We need a ray may barnaby ine again with foligno kassin and kaleta who needs a center!

Thanks I have been reading this board for over a year and decided this was a God topic to start. I also didn't want him to really hurt Richard's bad just beat on him so he would think twice and get him off his game. We need a ray may barnaby ine again with foligno kassin and kaleta who needs a center!

:clapping:

ps, I want him to hurt Richards :D

I see no point in wanting a guy who seems to be a magnet for getting suspended due to questionable hits.

I don't want that crap on my team, because those suspensions hurt and that reputation sucks. Now if he can play normally and play hard, okay fine. Just keep the stupid ###### to yourself.

You can take someone with too much aggression and tone it down and focus that aggression. Focusing aggression is teachable.

What you can't do is teach someone without aggression to be aggressive.

I can't wait for this kid to be in the NHL. He'll learn when it is appropriate to be assertive and when it isn't. And if he doesn't learn, we'll all be entertained for a little while. :clapping:

Kassian is one of those check-your-morals-at-the-door types when it comes to winning. I wants me one a dem.

You can take someone with too much aggression and tone it down and focus that aggression. Focusing aggression is teachable.

I can't wait for this kid to be in the NHL. He'll learn when it is appropriate to be assertive and when it isn't. And if he doesn't learn, we'll all be entertained for a little while. :clapping:

Kassian is one of those check-your-morals-at-the-door types when it comes to winning. I wants me one a dem.

I tend to agree..... I'm licking my chops at the prospect of Foligno and Kassian working out (though there are no guarantees). These boys love the contact.

Well stated.

I'd actually like to have 2-3 of them that can actually PLAY hockey as well. (But I suppose you have to start somewhere. ;))

I'm worried that he will lose it at the wrong time just like he did this year in the memorial cup. He just needs to grow up a bit hope he does BC he will be a beast hopefully like lucic (sp? )

Not only would I like to continue the trend of quoting your post, but I would also like to agree with it. All of it. You make thinking easy! :clapping:

That boy should have been up this season.

I have no problem with his suspensions. This team needs some excitement. These type of players hold their weight in gold on a roster. While Kaleta may be as fragile as glass, the team becomes a lot more entertaining with him on the ice. I don't know what the record is when Kaleta plays, but I would venture to guess that it is better than when he is not in there. Imagine two of him on the ice?!?!? It may open up some ice for the squirts we have on the other lines

I tend to agree..... I'm licking my chops at the prospect of Foligno and Kassian working out (though there are no guarantees). These boys love the contact.

+1

I can't wait to find out if these guys are the real deal. If they can play up to their potential, then the quality of the youth of this franchise is pretty impressive.

Breathlessly anticipating October 2011... mainly for the start of next season, but also because my mobile phone contract runs out with Verizon.

Not a fan of dirty play either, but I have also come to the conclusion that you either make, or take dirty plays.

In which case I'd rather the Sabres made them, instead of taking them all the time.

If Colin Campbell ever gets his head out of his ass and follow the rules he laid down, then maybe we won't need to tolerate this, but until such time (when hell freezes over), I'd rather see opposing players being walked to the locker room than Sabres players being walked to the locker room.

Not a fan of dirty play either, but I have also come to the conclusion that you either make, or take dirty plays.

In which case I'd rather the Sabres made them, instead of taking them all the time.

If Colin Campbell ever gets his head out of his ass and follow the rules he laid down, then maybe we won't need to tolerate this, but until such time (when hell freezes over), I'd rather see opposing players being walked to the locker room than Sabres players being walked to the locker room.

Amen, brutha.

Little blurb pulled from SabreProspects; the bolded sentence suggests I might have to plan some AHL dates next season...

Kassian then re-states that he's learned from what is turning out to be quite the checkered past. In the past two years, he's been suspended by his team, by the OHL in the regular season, by the IIHF in the World Junior Championships, and again by the OHL in the playoffs.

“Buffalo drafted me to be that hard-nosed player that finishes checks and plays with that edge,” said the LaSalle, Ont., native. “I’m not going to lie, a couple of times in my junior career I went over that edge and I’ll be the first one to admit that. I think I’ve learned a lot over the years in the OHL.”

And despite the fact that he’s been forced to watching his team play, while he’s sitting out on a number of occasions – he’s still not used to being reduced to the role of observer.

“It definitely doesn’t (get easier),” said the Sabres prospect. “When you’re in the playoffs in the Western Conference final, it’s pretty huge because no one expected us to get this far. It just shows how tight this team is, Everyone believes in each other and to not be out there right now helping them fight for our (playoff) lives right now is not fun.”

It remains to be seen whether or not Kassian, who has all the tools to be a legit weapon for the Sabres once he reels it in, will head to Portland in support of the Pirates AHL playoff once Windsor's season concludes. However, I think the Sabres losing to the Flyers in the first round makes it easier to suggest that Kassian will be done when the Spits finish up.

I'm worried that he will lose it at the wrong time just like he did this year in the memorial cup. He just needs to grow up a bit hope he does BC he will be a beast hopefully like lucic (sp? )

I haven't seen Kassian at all, but I think he'll be given time to learn and tone it down.

Nathan Gerbe was actually like that a little during his days at BC. He was the classic speedy, offensive player, but had a serious attitude. He liked to show up the opponents...he even mocked a Maine goalie immediately after scoring on him. I worried that he'd bring that game to the NHL, but he eventually matured. Once he got into an everyday role in Buffalo, he became a better NHL player. I think they'll give Kassian some time to clean it up - if he doesn't, he won't be with them anymore.

The Sabres could really use some Kick-Assian on the team next year. As an example, they should set the tone in the 1st Sabres vs Flyers game next season. Have Zack beat the hell out of Richards so teams will clearly know not to take any liberties with our important players.

As much as I am intrigued by his potential, Kassian should not even get a sniff of a regular season NHL game next year. After the preseason, he needs to go to the AHL, be a player the coaches rave about in the locker room and on the ice, stay out of trouble off the ice, hone his skills, and see you in 12-13.

Archived