Zack kassin at it again

bobs0108

You can take someone with too much aggression and tone it down and focus that aggression. Focusing aggression is teachable.

What you can't do is teach someone without aggression to be aggressive.

I can't wait for this kid to be in the NHL. He'll learn when it is appropriate to be assertive and when it isn't. And if he doesn't learn, we'll all be entertained for a little while. :clapping:

Kassian is one of those check-your-morals-at-the-door types when it comes to winning. I wants me one a dem.

+1 - and unfortunetly the Sabres are full of players with no aggression and will do anything to not make contact.

I haven't seen Kassian at all, but I think he'll be given time to learn and tone it down.

Nathan Gerbe was actually like that a little during his days at BC. He was the classic speedy, offensive player, but had a serious attitude. He liked to show up the opponents...he even mocked a Maine goalie immediately after scoring on him. I worried that he'd bring that game to the NHL, but he eventually matured. Once he got into an everyday role in Buffalo, he became a better NHL player. I think they'll give Kassian some time to clean it up - if he doesn't, he won't be with them anymore.

He had two incidents during his time at BC, the taunt and a butt ending suspension. Kassian has tried to cripple people on several occasions now. There is no comparison to be made there. And Gerbe did bring the biggest flaw in his playing style to the NHL, he's still a flopper.

The Sabres could really use some Kick-Assian on the team next year. As an example, they should set the tone in the 1st Sabres vs Flyers game next season. Have Zack beat the hell out of Richards so teams will clearly know not to take any liberties with our important players.

it was really sad this series to watch Timmy and Nieds go head first into the boards, and nobody seemed to get mad about it. Gerbe and Miller seemed to be the only ones willing to fight for the team.

BTW - kassian also was suspended in the World Juniors this year for a hit on a player

You never want a player to do things on the ice that hurt his team, or who goes out of his way to injure opponents... that said, you can't tell me a team like the Sabres doesn't need a guy like this on the roster in a year or two:

That is the play that got my mouth watering over this kid. Not becuase of the hit, but because of what followed after. He calmly stepped aside, shed his gloves and waited for teh first guy to come get him. Kind of like, "yeah, I did that. Now I'm gonna beat your ass too. You can't stop me".

I saw him play on the Sports Package this season enough to know he is a man amongst boys at the OHL level. I can't wait for him to suit up for the Sabres. Not sure he will be a top 6 foward but should be good for 15-20 goals and a bunch of PIM's.

My guess he will bounce back and forth between Portland and Buffalo next year. He's still really young.

For those who thought he should have been called up this year - there is a rule where you can't call up guys from the OHL during the season.

-

A line-up of Kaleta, Kassian and McCormack makes me smile!

Go Sabres!!

I'd rather have his level of intensity than Hecht's. The NHL teams with "terrorists" are respected. Kassian probably had something going on a long time with the guy he nailed.

Hecht? Or Connelly? Any intensity is better than nothing. The next generation will respect kassian as a force. I guess it comes down to a coaching/mgmt philosophy. They obviously drafted,him, now what?

The kid is 20, hes not a baby anymore but surely has room to grow up.

What concerns me is that he has been suspended in nearly every league tourney he's played in. Gooning it up doesnt earn your team respect, its the exact opposite. Kassian doesnt play clean hockey, at all.

The sabres werent lacking in intensity this year's playoffs, they were lacking in talent. Kassian could fill a hole from a departing player but he doesnt address the deficiencies that were apparent during the playoffs.

Prospects are always seen as a silver bullet.

You can take someone with too much aggression and tone it down and focus that aggression. Focusing aggression is teachable.

What you can't do is teach someone without aggression to be aggressive.

I can't wait for this kid to be in the NHL. He'll learn when it is appropriate to be assertive and when it isn't. And if he doesn't learn, we'll all be entertained for a little while. :clapping:

Kassian is one of those check-your-morals-at-the-door types when it comes to winning. I wants me one a dem.

The kid is 20, hes not a baby anymore but surely has room to grow up.

What concerns me is that he has been suspended in nearly every league tourney he's played in. Gooning it up doesnt earn your team respect, its the exact opposite. Kassian doesnt play clean hockey, at all.

The sabres werent lacking in intensity this year's playoffs, they were lacking in talent. Kassian could fill a hole from a departing player but he doesnt address the deficiencies that were apparent during the playoffs.

Prospects are always seen as a silver bullet.

These two posts seem to best illustrate my thoughts on Kassian.

If they can focus that aggression, then hell yes I am all for this kid being in the lineup. I want that guy with a focused aggression and intensity who plays to the edge of the rules, but doesn't go over them to get suspended. I do not want anything to do with a dirty, cheapshot piece of ###### like Matt Cooke, Steve Downie, Carcillo. Frankly I don't know if Carcillo is dirty per se, but I just think he's a raving ###### and I want to see someone hit him with a Zamboni.

But if Kassian can play tough, physical, intimidating hockey that keeps him in the lineup - bring him on.

Archived