Game Discussion Thread: Flyers at Sabres

Assquatch

I don't get why after one bad game Bobrovsky was bench-ridden? Like ever since Game 2 nobody in Philly or the media has even MENTIONED putting him back in.. it's been all about Boucher vs Leighton. lol. Bob is clearly their best option...

yes

If they are only going to use Pronger on special teams, then they clearly made a mistake...

yes

I agree. I thought it was weird to pull the guy they trusted after a rough 20 minutes and scratch him and play the AHL guy.. Doesn't make any sense to me. He played GREAT in game 1.

He damn year won them Game 1 and had a pretty damn solid regular season... at least record-wise.. didn't really keep up on the flyers day-to-day but damn.

Mike Milbury: "Fortunately, Briere was able to get one back."

Should the national broadcast guys be openly rooting for a team? <_<

Nope. But it happens. And it always happens AGAINST us (I don't see why people dislike the Sabres so much, or how they like everyone else that much more), so we deal.

I don't get why after one bad game Bobrovsky was bench-ridden? Like ever since Game 2 nobody in Philly or the media has even MENTIONED putting him back in.. it's been all about Boucher vs Leighton. lol. Bob is clearly their best option...

Bobrovsky has told Laviolette that his not mentally ready to play, after getting yanked in game 2.

Hence Leighton.

Mike Milbury: "Fortunately, Briere was able to get one back."

Should the national broadcast guys be openly rooting for a team? <_<

I said the same thing. If you work for a national tv station, and start referring to teams as "we", you should be taken off the air.

It was attitude concerns, supposedly he was pretty broken up by the game 1 loss. Made team question his mental toughness. He also does not speak great english, so it was said there wasnt really anyone to talk to him about it.

By his own admission, Sergei Bobrovsky has not felt mentally up to par since losing game one. Despite playing will in the team's 1-0 loss, he took the defeat hard (and had to be coaxed to speak afterwards) and then pressed in game two.

Speaking to Philadelphia-based Sovetsky Sport writer Natalia Bragilevskaya (who sometimes serves as his translator), Bobrovsky said after Game 2, "Physically, I feel normal. Mentally, not so much. But I will be OK soon."

Bobrovsky's pledge to bounce right back may have said one thing but his body language said something different. I suspect that Jeff Reese and Peter Laviolette picked up on it, and that figured in why Michael Leighton was chosen to back up Boucher.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=35335&blogger_id=45

Pronger should have been called for interference on Stafford about 20 seconds earlier.

Who did they sit when Pronger came back?

That move may prove to benefit Buffalo, after all Pronger has not played in how long????

Did Pronger even shoot the puck at all when he was out there?

Archived