Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

This is a very winnable game. Two Philly Phlukes and a pretty play have us down in this game. We re-seized the momentum and I like our chances in the third.

Why no mention of the couple nice saves by Miller after Zherdev scored?

GO SABRES!!!

Without Miller this game is over. He's been excellent out there.

This is a very winnable game. Two Philly Phlukes and a pretty play have us down in this game. We re-seized the momentum and I like our chances in the third.

Why no mention of the couple nice saves by Miller after Zherdev scored?

GO SABRES!!!

Still trying to get that turd by Carter out of our memories. Give us a second.

Agree. This is a winnable game though.

Can someone explain to me how Weber can get away with delivering 15 crosschecks to a player laying on the ice? Just curious. I obviously am missing some rule here...

If he got penalized how is that getting away with it? The puck WAS underneath Hartnell afterall.

GO SABRES!!!

Can someone explain to me how Weber can get away with delivering 15 crosschecks to a player laying on the ice? Just curious. I obviously am missing some rule here...

I couldn't believe that. If Carcillo was going that to one of our guys we'd be calling for him to be arrested.

This is do or die time; Down by one with one to go.....these are periods that determine if we have what it takes in the playoffs

I think we are the better team, we need to play like it tho; which we did not do in the 2nd;

Lets clone gerbe and put him on each line

Monty has seriously got to go!!!! he is a giant liability and I would like to see just about anyone else in at this point.

Miller, wellllll IDK, ill keep my opinions to myself for now; OK is my status on him.

Time for a comeback boys!!! and Boyes!!!

We don't look like the better team. Turnovers, and constant pressure by Philly. Poor defense. We must be watching different games.

Still trying to get that turd by Carter out of our memories. Give us a second.

Agree. This is a winnable game though.

I was over the lucky goal by Carter the second after he scored it. They got lucky twice on that goal. Once off Weber's ass and again when he deflected the puck.

GO SABRES!!!

We don't look like the better team. Turnovers, and constant pressure by Philly. Poor defense. We must be watching different games.

I'll have to agree with you on this. Only positive I can say is we're +2 in the third period this series. Let's bring it. Their goaltending is not good. Get shots!!

I'm pretty sure we're not the better team, but I do think we can win this series. The beauty of some sports is that the best team doesn't always win. I wanna see us win this game and this series. Even if we get taken out by WSH afterwards I don't care. I want to see us beat this Philly team and I think we can do it because we want it more. At least some of our guys on the bench seem to.

TLDR: Play Gerbe more please :-D.

What I see is Flyers sucker Sabres into playing their style. Sabres don't have the depth at forward to play this way.

I'm watching Vs, so they don't call the play-by-play as much. I'm left to my own eyes. Having said that, where have Pominville, Ennis and others been in this game? They really need to show some heart if this game is going to be won.

I said we ARE the better team, not we LOOKED like the better team :thumbsup:

Were watching the same game, the second period sucked and brought back pre-pegula memories, but im hoping for the same energy we showed in the first, and hopefully monty gets less than 2 minutes of ice in the third

What I see is Flyers sucker Sabres into playing their style. Sabres don't have the depth at forward to play this way.

I'm watching Vs, so they don't call the play-by-play as much. I'm left to my own eyes. Having said that, where have Pominville, Ennis and others been in this game? They really need to show some heart if this game is going to be won.

Ennis was alive in the first period ... been pretty quiet since then. Pominville .. I have no clue.

I'm pretty sure we're not the better team, but I do think we can win this series. The beauty of some sports is that the best team doesn't always win.

I'm really glad you said this. There's this BS perception in sports that "the better team always wins". That's definitely not the case. I can't stand when people say that. No, the best team doesn't always win.

I'll have to agree with you on this. Only positive I can say is we're +2 in the third period this series. Let's bring it. Their goaltending is not good. Get shots!!

Exactly. We need shots, no matter what. We can beat this guy but theres no way we're going to if we don't outshoot them by a lot. SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS

I don't know how we're playing philly hockey. We had very few offensive chances that period and that's flyers hockey. Our D are young and this is a good learning experience. Let's play better and win the third. Saying that I've really liked Grags game.

I'm pretty sure we're not the better team, but I do think we can win this series. The beauty of some sports is that the best team doesn't always win. I wanna see us win this game and this series. Even if we get taken out by WSH afterwards I don't care. I want to see us beat this Philly team and I think we can do it because we want it more. At least some of our guys on the bench seem to.

TLDR: Play Gerbe more please :-D.

Yeah, I'm not sure there is anyone on this board who would take the Sabres "top-6" over Philly's. That said, the playoffs are about heart. Who are the "money" players who will step up and score big goals when this team needs it most? ...Gerbe, Vanek, ...anyone else? Someone has to step up and show that they have the heart to carry this team when the chips are down...

I said we ARE the better team, not we LOOKED like the better team :thumbsup:

Were watching the same game, the second period sucked and brought back pre-pegula memories, but im hoping for the same energy we showed in the first, and hopefully monty gets less than 2 minutes of ice in the third

Based on what... comparative forward depth? Defense?

Archived