Am I the only one who thinks Enroth should be in Portland?

LabattBlue

I don't see any reason why Enroth shouldn't be playing in Portland for the playoffs. Lindy is NOT going to pull Miller under any circumstances nor will Enroth get a start unless Miller gets hurt. Since he is less than 2 hours away if needed, let him play in Portland.

Plus one of Miller's BFF's can be on the bench cheering him on if Enroth is sent down. :)

I've got mixed emotions about it. It does seem to me that he'd get alot out of playing net every game in a playoff run. OTOH, if Miller goes down that game is lost with Lalime on the bench.

On balance I wouldn't complain at all if Enroth were playing in Portland right now.

I don't see any reason why Enroth shouldn't be playing in Portland for the playoffs. Lindy is NOT going to pull Miller under any circumstances nor will Enroth get a start unless Miller gets hurt. Since he is less than 2 hours away if needed, let him play in Portland.

Plus one of Miller's BFF's can be on the bench cheering him on if Enroth is sent down. :)

[/quote

They have already used 2 of their 4 "non emergency" recalls. If they send him down he could not be recalled under unless their was an injury. It may even be that sending him down would constitute the third move but I defer to someone else on that.

You dress your best players. Enroth is better then Lalime.

Thank you. I can't believe this thread even exists.

Why didn't Lindy pull Miller tonight? If Ethron is never going to see the ice anyway, he may as well be playing in Portland.

Why didn't Lindy pull Miller tonight? If Ethron is never going to see the ice anyway, he may as well be playing in Portland.

Because it wasn't that kind of game. Philly pulled Bobs because he was a mess. Miller wasn't and he made some clutch saves in the 3rd to keep us in it.

Because it wasn't that kind of game. Philly pulled Bobs because he was a mess. Miller wasn't and he made some clutch saves in the 3rd to keep us in it.

It will never be that kind of game as long as Lindy is behind the bench.

I don't believe that. If Miller comes out and whiffs on three easy goals we'll see Enroth. I don't believe Lindy is dumb. I think in this series though, we know that no matter what, playing Miller will be a better option than either Bobs or Boucher for Philly. We should, theoretically, always be able to outmatch them in goaltending with Miller in net.

Honestly, Enroth should never see the ice in the playoffs. Teams like Philly that swap goalies all around are teams that aren't equipped with any variance in talent. For this team, Miller is clearly ahead of Enroth. Maybe that changes in the future, but right now, Miller is our key to playoff success.

I don't believe that. If Miller comes out and whiffs on three easy goals we'll see Enroth. I don't believe Lindy is dumb. I think in this series though, we know that no matter what, playing Miller will be a better option than either Bobs or Boucher for Philly. We should, theoretically, always be able to outmatch them in goaltending with Miller in net.

Honestly, Enroth should never see the ice in the playoffs. Teams like Philly that swap goalies all around are teams that aren't equipped with any variance in talent. For this team, Miller is clearly ahead of Enroth. Maybe that changes in the future, but right now, Miller is our key to playoff success.

How was Bobs any more of a mess than Miller? He let in two shorthanded goals and a 3 on 1. Labialette pulled the goalie to send a message to the rest of the team. It worked (just like it did in '06). Lindy should have done the same; if not after the 3rd goal then at least after the 4th and certainly after the 5th.

How was Bobs any more of a mess than Miller? He let in two shorthanded goals and a 3 on 1. Labialette pulled the goalie to send a message to the rest of the team. It worked (just like it did in '06). Lindy should have done the same; if not after the 3rd goal then at least after the 4th and certainly after the 5th.

I can't really argue against your view because it's not wrong. I'm just basing mine on my gut feeling that pulling Miller wasn't the right choice. If I had felt they should have, I would probably be agreeing with you now. It's just my opinion based on how the game felt to me.

I feel bad for Miller because unless he turns in a awesome night day in and day out we get the Enroth debate going again. Sadly no Enroth should stay on the bench where he can play if something happens to miller or he plays like garbage which he did not do tonight. He played well and there was no reason to pull him. Enroth is here for injury or craziness backup. Of course I am sure that someone is saying BOOOO Miller Sucks lets put in Enroth and as soon as miller wins again they will be right back behind him. The Miller/Enroth Bandwagon needs to catch fire and burn. Goodnight and good luck.

PS. Look through the game thread because I actually called that a thread with this tone would pop up and we have a winner.

They have already used 2 of their 4 "non emergency" recalls. If they send him down he could not be recalled under unless their was an injury. It may even be that sending him down would constitute the third move but I defer to someone else on that.

Not positive whether sending him down would be the 3rd move, but bringing him back up would definitely be one, and there is no way Lalime is seeing the net unless there is something seriously wrong w/ both Miller & Enroth. You are right, there is no way Enroth is going back to the 'A'.

Bob should have stopped the Sekera shot. He also, IMHO, should have stopped Vanek's 2nd.

Labialette's move didn't quite work the same as it did in '06 as I don't recall the backup giving up any goals after coming in in relief back then. Booooooch did get beat, so that mental block doesn't need to get removed on Monday if he gets the start (as I'd expect).

The only goal that was clearly Miller's fault was the 3rd. I wouldn't have pulled him after that one.

Clutch saves yes...but Enroth is capable, he's shown it, that he can make saves under pressure.

Correction, if RYAN MILLER is in goal, that will never happen...

Im a strong supporter of Miller, I really am, but every player has bad games, the highlights showed to me that he wasnt having a good game!

Keep Enroth up, I have a feeling he will see the ice this series.

...but out of position again and let in some bad goals prior to the "clutch" saves.

Really am sick of this thought process.

I want a goalie who is going to "win the games" not merely just keep it close and "in the games".

That is why Miller gets paid $6 mil a year!

...but out of position again and let in some bad goals prior to the "clutch" saves.

Really am sick of this thought process.

I want a goalie who is going to "win the games" not merely just keep it close and "in the games".

Miller is a good goalie, who does keep the sabres in games, the problem this year has been he played up or down to his competition. He rarely wins a 4-1 game, it is always 4-3, 2-1, etc.

Archived