Am I the only one who thinks Enroth should be in Portland?

LabattBlue

I'm not impressed when announcers start rattling off that this NHL player or that one has a Silver Medal or a Gold Medal from the Olympics, so don't try to impress me with that. It's clearly the sign of a league that is in need of PR. They don't mention gold medals when they talk about NBA players.

They have already used 2 of their 4 "non emergency" recalls. If they send him down he could not be recalled under unless their was an injury. It may even be that sending him down would constitute the third move but I defer to someone else on that.

With Mancari still around (he is, right?), they've used 3 now. Sending people down doesn't effect anything though. It's a recall rule, not a transaction rule. But yes, with the recall limit, the second Enroth was called up, he was here to stay. They weren't going to waste another one on him.

That's where I stopped reading.

I stopped reading the second I saw someone calling out Taro on a fact based post. His word might as well be gospel around here.

With Mancari still around (he is, right?), they've used 3 now. Sending people down doesn't effect anything though. It's a recall rule, not a transaction rule. But yes, with the recall limit, the second Enroth was called up, he was here to stay. They weren't going to waste another one on him.

I stopped reading the second I saw someone calling out Taro on a fact based post. His word might as well be gospel around here.

Mancari played for Portland yesterday.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1008535

Mancari played for Portland yesterday.

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1008535

Yeah, I just read that over in the Pirates thread. I'm kind of surprised by that. They had him on the roster for the past 2 games so they had to burn a recall on him. Did I miss something by not reading a thing this weekend and not notice that we now have a healthy reserve forward?

Yeah he has. Umm...nobody ever said "Elite Talent" Vanek, Roy, Pomms, Timmy etc. have all been just about point per game guys. Everyone complains about the defensemen, yet Lydman, Campbell, Tallinder, Mckee etc have all done well elsewhere. Not to mention having the reigning rookie of the year. I mean c'mon stop with the excuses, excuses are for losers.

So in your world, every team he has played on has been void of talent except Briere and Drury and he has done it all himself. Really! Stop already!

It really does sound like you are making the case that Miller can not be any good unless he is surrounded all star talent at every position.

They have? I might agree with Campbell, he was technically a part of a Stnley Cup winning team, but I wouldn't say that he made a difference in them winning the cup last year. McKee had his career plummet after he left Buffalo, and Tallinder and Lydman were average at best this season on different teams. The reigning rookie of the year who was around a -15 earlier this year?

I never said he can't be good unless he is surrounded by all star talent at ever position, what I am saying is that you can't blame him for not putting up Brodeur or hasek in their prime type numbers with the quality of player he has in front of him.

And You all know my thoughts on where Enroth should be, I hope he makes a run for the starting spot, it's the Pegula Era, I think he can share it with Enroth. I don't dislike Miller, but I wont be broken-hearted to see him leave, he's great goaltender, just would like to start fresh, he's been around for a while. Like I said, he's great, but not Paddy Roy or Dom Hasek...

well if thats the case, why stop there, trade vanek, and Roy and Pomminstein, and Myers.......... they were all here during the Golisano era too! We have to start fresh, can't let one of the better goaltenders stick around here because he might stink up the "new owner" smell the team has! :wallbash: :doh:

your ready to hand the team over to a goalie with less then a dozen NHL games in his career cause he played really good in most of them (while the whole team and the starting goalie played just as well)?

Mancari was here on emergency recall and even though he was in Philly, on paper they sent him down when Grier came back. According to GR, they have only have used 2 non emergency recalls

The tv broadcasts need to stop listing them as healthy scratches. They even had Persson listed as one on the Philly broadcast on saturday. If they're not on the roster, they can't be scratches. But anyway, that would mean there are no reserve forwards right now, right?

Unless Hecht is close? Considering all the access and technology now available, it is amazing how much mis-information and incorrect info there is. Then again, the broadcast team can't even see when the goalie leaves the net on a delayed penalty or can watch a replay 5 times before they realize the puck never went in the net, but I degrees!

Unless Hecht is close? Considering all the access and technology now available, it is amazing how much mis-information and incorrect info there is. Then again, the broadcast team can't even see when the goalie leaves the net on a delayed penalty or can watch a replay 5 times before they realize the puck never went in the net, but I degrees!

:lol:

Then again, the broadcast team can't even see when the goalie leaves the net on a delayed penalty or can watch a replay 5 times before they realize the puck never went in the net, but I degrees!

I was thinking the same thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived