Am I the only one who thinks Enroth should be in Portland?

LabattBlue

Miller is a good goalie, who does keep the sabres in games, the problem this year has been he played up or down to his competition. He rarely wins a 4-1 game, it is always 4-3, 2-1, etc.

Even those who are critical of Miller recognize he is a great talent. You have to wonder if this franchise is forcing a workload on Miller that he just can't handle. Just because other top goalies can play X amount of games doesn't mean Miller is able to. They need to look at possibly cutting off his games played at 50-55 next season and see how he reacts with his play.

Enroth belongs with the Sabres, as many have pointed out, Lalime is not ready should something happen.

Also, Portland has an older version of Enroth in Leggios.

Leggios has better numbers than Enroth in Portland, not by much, but still better. He is 26 years old (4 years older than Enroth) and Portland has gone up 2 games to none in their first playoff series against the Whale.

There is no reason Enroth needs to be in Portland, not when his services may be needed here in Buffalo.

Riding the bench may seem like it isn't beneficial, but you'd be wrong to think so. With Enroth riding the bench he is becoming apart of the team in a playoff series, which draws players closer together. This kid needs that right now, Because it is my belief he will not only be backing up Miller next season, but He'll make a very strong case as he will actually push for the starting job.

Remember, Enroth's statements 3 years ago should always be the standard by which this kid lives and plays the game. He stated he will take the #1 goalie position in Buffalo. Whether or not fans of Miller like to hear that is completely irrelevant, if the kid can perform better than Miller, then he gets the job. I for one am pulling for him, not because I dislike Miller, on the contrary, I love having Miller. But I love the kids tenacity and attitude, it's a winner take all mentality with killer instincts, regardless of Olympic Hero or not.

I love this kid, and having 2 goalies who play with an edge and have what it takes to steal games is never a bad thing. Plus, some healthy competition for Miller should help him stay more focused for longer stretches as he realizes he could be riding the Pine if Enroth is performing better.

It's a WIN/WIN for the organization, the players involved and most of all, for us FANS. :thumbsup:

Enroth belongs with the Sabres, as many have pointed out, Lalime is not ready should something happen.

Also, Portland has an older version of Enroth in Leggios.

Leggios has better numbers than Enroth in Portland, not by much, but still better. He is 26 years old (4 years older than Enroth) and Portland has gone up 2 games to none in their first playoff series against the Whale.

Wasn't he in Lord of the Rings?

Miller is a good goalie, who does keep the sabres in games, the problem this year has been he played up or down to his competition. He rarely wins a 4-1 game, it is always 4-3, 2-1, etc.

OMG! just about every goalie keeps their team in the game. There really isn't a whole ton of blowouts in the NHL.

So Miller is doing what every other goalie does! Yeah! When is he going to step up and "win" the games? Not just keep them in it. I give him credit for game 1 but that was a horrible followup game.

What is he now 23-19 career playoff record? Pretty damn ordinary if you ask me, and not worthy of $6.25 million per. Especially since some of the teams he has been on have had some damn good talent.

OMG! just about every goalie keeps their team in the game. There really isn't a whole ton of blowouts in the NHL.

So Miller is doing what every other goalie does! Yeah! When is he going to step up and "win" the games? Not just keep them in it. I give him credit for game 1 but that was a horrible followup game.

What is he now 23-19 career playoff record? Pretty damn ordinary if you ask me, and not worthy of $6.25 million per. Especially since some of the teams he has been on have had some damn good talent.

He has? besides the cup run with Briere and Drury, he has never been on a team that has any sort of "Elite" talent on its roster. Guys like Vanek, roy, Pominville, Connolly, they are guys that would be lucky to play on another teams 1st line behind one of the teams "Elite" talent and are only consider top guys cause they play in Buffalo

Buffalo fans are truly sad and seem to enjoy running good player out of town just because they have a bad game or or a shiney new younger toy shows up

a goaltender's W-L record is a stupid as a QBs. It's a team game. What is Vanek's record..or Connolly's?

He has? besides the cup run with Briere and Drury, he has never been on a team that has any sort of "Elite" talent on its roster. Guys like Vanek, roy, Pominville, Connolly, they are guys that would be lucky to play on another teams 1st line behind one of the teams "Elite" talent and are only consider top guys cause they play in Buffalo

Buffalo fans are truly sad and seem to enjoy running good player out of town just because they have a bad game or or a shiney new younger toy shows up

Good post, even with that run of talent, we ended up playing with an AHL defence......... :beer:

Yeah he has. Umm...nobody ever said "Elite Talent" Vanek, Roy, Pomms, Timmy etc. have all been just about point per game guys. Everyone complains about the defensemen, yet Lydman, Campbell, Tallinder, Mckee etc have all done well elsewhere. Not to mention having the reigning rookie of the year. I mean c'mon stop with the excuses, excuses are for losers.

So in your world, every team he has played on has been void of talent except Briere and Drury and he has done it all himself. Really! Stop already!

It really does sound like you are making the case that Miller can not be any good unless he is surrounded all star talent at every position.

what they said.

This thread was predictable and should die because if miller comes back tomorrow and allows a goal and we win everyone will be praising him again. 3 of those goals miller could not have stopped. 1 he was screened, 1 glanced off a skate and in, 1 glanced off the post and in. What do you want here? :thumbdown: to all the miller haters.

...but out of position again and let in some bad goals prior to the "clutch" saves.

Really am sick of this thought process.

I want a goalie who is going to "win the games" not merely just keep it close and "in the games".

Thanks for completely missing the point.

Miller is overrated and the Olympics* mean nothing.

*The Olympics are a farce. Pro athletes shouldn't be allowed to participate in the Olympics. It's against the spirit of the thing. It's all about corruption and money, for those of you too young to remember only amateur atheletes in the Olympics..

*The Olympics are a farce. Pro athletes shouldn't be allowed to participate in the Olympics. It's against the spirit of the thing. It's all about corruption and money, for those of you too young to remember only amateur atheletes in the Olympics..

I'm old enough to remember it and I'll say that the hockey is a LOT better in the Olympics now. Plus, it's the only international top-level competition for hockey (the World Cup f/k/a Canada Cup doesn't count, because half of the players are still playing in the NHL).

I'm old enough to remember it and I'll say that the hockey is a LOT better in the Olympics now. Plus, it's the only international top-level competition for hockey (the World Cup f/k/a Canada Cup doesn't count, because half of the players are still playing in the NHL).

Can't say I've ever been crazy about the Olympics but there's something about amateurs competing against amateurs that makes for real drama, not the trumped-up, fake "Gold Medal" or "Silver Medal" they hand to NHLers to put on their resume.

When would that have been, back in the '30's?

Because I don't recall a single Olympics (w/ possible exception of summer '84) where there weren't pros involved. (And even in LA, you still had the Cubans who were pros.)

I do agree that they SHOULD be for amateurs, but we've never totally been there, at least not in my lifetime.

Cheer up dude it the playoffs............ :beer:

Oh, I am happy, we took a game in Philly.

I would venture to say we make it to round 2 :thumbsup:

I'd just like Enroth to stay up for a "just in case" moment. It is somewhat re-assuring that he is there instead of Lalime is all :D

When would that have been, back in the '30's?

Because I don't recall a single Olympics (w/ possible exception of summer '84) where there weren't pros involved. (And even in LA, you still had the Cubans who were pros.)

I do agree that they SHOULD be for amateurs, but we've never totally been there, at least not in my lifetime.

FAIL! I'm pretty sure pro athletes were NOT ALLOWED in the Olympics until 1986. I like idea of no pros in the Olympics, I'm tired of seeing the same old names, there's no pride, they don't care. But if you have guys that live and play in Russia, playing for Russia, its better than guys that live and play in the USA playing for Russia. Just more drama, more pride.

Also, I question how big of a hockey fan you when you seem to think there were pros involved in the 1980 games...

And You all know my thoughts on where Enroth should be, I hope he makes a run for the starting spot, it's the Pegula Era, I think he can share it with Enroth. I don't dislike Miller, but I wont be broken-hearted to see him leave, he's great goaltender, just would like to start fresh, he's been around for a while. Like I said, he's great, but not Paddy Roy or Dom Hasek...

FAIL! I'm pretty sure pro athletes were NOT ALLOWED in the Olympics until 1986. I like idea of no pros in the Olympics, I'm tired of seeing the same old names, there's no pride, they don't care. But if you have guys that live and play in Russia, playing for Russia, its better than guys that live and play in the USA playing for Russia. Just more drama, more pride.

Also, I question how big of a hockey fan you when you seem to think there were pros involved in the 1980 games...

And You all know my thoughts on where Enroth should be, I hope he makes a run for the starting spot, it's the Pegula Era, I think he can share it with Enroth. I don't dislike Miller, but I wont be broken-hearted to see him leave, he's great goaltender, just would like to start fresh, he's been around for a while. Like I said, he's great, but not Paddy Roy or Dom Hasek...

Russians were using Pros in the Olympics for years........ :beer:

:lol:

Stick around, kid.

Ever hear of the Red Army?

Russians were using Pros in the Olympics for years........ :beer:

So I'll rephrase. Pro athletes were not SUPPOSED to be in the Olympics until 1986. I guess my point is, I dont really care if pro athletes play, I just feel like if you're nation of residency is the USA, you aren't eligible to play for any other nation. Just it makes no sense to me for someone who plays and live in the US to play for another nation in the Olympics.

So I'll rephrase. Pro athletes were not SUPPOSED to be in the Olympics until 1986. I guess my point is, I dont really care if pro athletes play, I just feel like if you're nation of residency is the USA, you aren't eligible to play for any other nation. Just it makes no sense to me for someone who plays and live in the US to play for another nation in the Olympics.

No ######, Sherlock. Thanks for the news that the Olympics were supposed to have only amateur athletes. Please point out to where in my post that you originally responded to that I state anything that contradicts that.

And why would a person's residency TRUMP their citizenship? Do you really expect people that have picked up stakes and moved to a new country for a job opportunity to forgo their birth allegiances? Some do, thus the reason that most countries give immigrants the ability to become citizens; but many do not. Why should a kid that dreamed of someday playing for Team Sweden have to play for Canada just because he's a Canuck?

So I guess that Crosby and Ovechkin should play for Team USA next time (assuming they're still w/ the Pens and Caps, respectively) and Gionta and Kessel should be on Team Canada, right? That would really help to promote the 'Olypic ideals,' right? <_<

Also, could you please expound from your obviously infinite knowledge where the Olympics were held in '86?

Archived