If We Lose Another Defenseman

Formerly Allan in MD

If Leopold is not ready to play (and we shouldn't rush him) and we lose another defenseman, who would most likely come up from Portland?

I know, we shouldn't talk about it, but let's be realistic (and prepared).

Paul Hamilton tweeted that Dennis Persson is coming up.

To actually play or just to be ready?

(ii) Emergency conditions shall be

established when the playing strength of the loaning Club, by

reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League

suspension to its players is reduced below the level of two (2)

goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12) forwards. Proof

of the existence of the emergency conditions including the

incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of the League

upon request made by him.

I think he has to play, for him to be recalled on an emergency basis means they have less than 6 eligible Dmen. Or does Sekera being a gametime decision count as an emergency?

I wouldn't say beast, as in physical. I'd say smart. Esp. on the PP. Doesn't just shoot, he makes a play. U can see the other guys trusting him.

Good assessment. He still scares me in our end though. Attacking forwards seem to do a good job of getting him turned around. He'll get better as he catches up with the speed of the NHL, but he needs to make sure to not be too aggressive 5 on 5.

Good assessment. He still scares me in our end though. Attacking forwards seem to do a good job of getting him turned around. He'll get better as he catches up with the speed of the NHL, but he needs to make sure to not be too aggressive 5 on 5.

He's extraordinarily weak along the boards and in front of his net. He's decent at vacating the zone, as long as no one impedes his progress, so basically as long as Philly isn't forechecking, he's good. Which means he hasn't been good at all. Are people just commenting on his offensive zone work? I was never worried about that, he's a point a game player in the AHL. Pairing him with Montador has not been doing him any favors.

Archived