I was wrong

apushms

Well, we certainly have a difference of opinion. To describe that movie as being crass, uncouth, and sophomoric would be an understatement.

It was probably the best crass, uncouth and sophomoric movie in a long time. So I take it you watched it?

My opinion hasn't changed.

Are we talking about the 23 year old 2008 NCAA Championship hero (5 goals/2 games in the college big show, named Most Outstanding Player) Hobey Baker Award finalist who had 5 points in 10 games with the Sabres last year that we got at a steal with the 142nd pick and just burns up our cap space at $850k/year?

Let the kid develop. He's not the worst player on the team and he's nowhere near the worst value. He's got more potential than Mark Mancari and Cody McCormick combined.

And I wasn't in any way shitting on Mancari or McCormick, I just watched enough NCAA to see that Gerbe was eventually going to go places, namely up. Use the Holzinger counter-argument if you want, but Holzinger still put up 51 points one year when he was making $475k (when Trefilov was making $675k).

If anything, after he shook off the first half of his games, he's improved a little sooner than I expected, very likely due to his increased ice time. I attribute all of this to Ruff's mentality, that he shared in today's article concerning the Leafs: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/03/28/sabres-excited-for-chance-to-bury-leafs-playoff-hopes/

I think when young players get an important role they start to feel comfortable and they start to play better for the most part,” said Ruff. “It’s tough to step in and get six or seven minutes of ice time or be in for a couple of games and then out. I think they realize they’re getting a real good look and they’re playing well.

My opinion hasn't changed.

And I wasn't in any way shitting on Mancari or McCormick, I just watched enough NCAA to see that Gerbe was eventually going to go places, namely up. Use the Holzinger counter-argument if you want, but Holzinger still put up 51 points one year when he was making $475k (when Trefilov was making $675k).

If anything, after he shook off the first half of his games, he's improved a little sooner than I expected, very likely due to his increased ice time. I attribute all of this to Ruff's mentality, that he shared in today's article concerning the Leafs: http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/03/28/sabres-excited-for-chance-to-bury-leafs-playoff-hopes/

who said

"Brian Holzinger is going to be a 50 goal scorer if he can get his touch on breakaways"

PA you know this.

It was probably the best crass, uncouth and sophomoric movie in a long time. So I take it you watched it?

Noooooooooooooooo... I spent all that time watching the Test Pattern.

Yes, I had the unpleasant experience of watching it. I was at the in-laws in metro DC (NoVA to be precise) and they offered it up. That's 92 minutes of my life I can't get back.

Archived