Playoff Predictions

BuffaloSoldier2010

Stanley Cup Champion  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If the playoffs started today, the following teams would be in the race for the cup. Who wins it all? Teams are denoted with their respective seed, conference, and points.

• Philadelphia (1st - East - 97)
    • Vancouver (1st - West - 105)
    • Washington (2nd - East - 96)
    • Detroit (2nd - West - 95)
    • Boston (3rd - East - 90)
    • San Jose (3rd - West - 94)
    • Pittsburgh (4th - East - 92)
    • Phoenix (4th - West - 91)
    • Tampa Bay (5th - East - 89)
    • Chicago (5th - West - 88)
    • Montreal (6th - East - 87)
    • Los Angeles (6th - West - 88)
    • NY Rangers (7th - East - 84)
    • Nashville (7th - West - 88)
    • Buffalo (8th - East - 81)
    • Anaheim (8th - West - 87)

Just thought this would make for some interesting predictions seeing as how we're not too far out. I'll probably make something up before the first round starts to get thoughts once the standings are set in stone.

Feel free to discuss matchups as you see them etc. I see Tampa dropping out early. Philly and Buffalo is concerning for me personally, but i gotta believe that maybe we can pull off an upset in the first round.

Wow. So far 7 votes for Buffalo. Is this a joke or are people really that hyped up?

I voted for NY Rangers. They've been on a tear as of late, and usually the teams that play hard at the end of the season fare well in the playoffs. If not the Finals, I expect the Rags to make a deep run.

Boston does not really have the shot everyone thinks...the playoffs are about a goalie getting hot late, Thomas was fantastic at the start of the season and although he had a shut out last night his second half statistics have been less impressive, thus why the bruins are in third...also Tukka has been much less then stellar when he hasnt gotten consistent starts, if Thomas goes down look for Boston to fall from grace...Personally the only team I fear for Buffalo is Washington, although they are usually a poor playoff team they have a chance this year to certainly get past the first round and they are not who you want to see round one...Philly's goaltending is very weak and their big slow defense will have trouble against speedy teams in the playoffs...tampa is getting cold at the wrong time as is montreal...surprisingly the rangers look like they may be a legitament threat in the playoffs

I have mixed feelings about Vancouver winning it all this year - I like the team generally, but as they are the Sabres' "sister" franchise (i.e., they both came into the league together in '70), it would be yet ANOTHER team winning the Cup before the Sabres. Of course, the solution to this is to have the Sabres get super-hot, get Roy back in mid-May and win the Cup first. (Yeah, I kind of like that scenario :clapping: )

I have mixed feelings about Vancouver winning it all this year - I like the team generally, but as they are the Sabres' "sister" franchise (i.e., they both came into the league together in '70), it would be yet ANOTHER team winning the Cup before the Sabres. Of course, the solution to this is to have the Sabres get super-hot, get Roy back in mid-May and win the Cup first. (Yeah, I kind of like that scenario :clapping: )

You beat me to the punch. Vancouver winning the Cup before the Sabres would just be another massive punch to the nuts for long suffering Buffalo sports fans. I will not be cheering for the Canucks or any other team who is "Cupless".

Head scratching stat...The Canucks have only made it past the 2nd round twice in 40 years and both times they went all the way to the Finals before losing. :blink:

Archived